News Round Up 2020

Glad to see new things coming to Disney Springs (especially the fairly abandoned and under-traveled West Side). This sounds yummy, but feels a little late to the party. This feels like it would have been a perfect fit 2 years ago. It just feels like the gourmet donut trend has passed and is on the down slope (even before COVID), sorta like the Fro-Yo craze of the early 2010s and the cupcake craze of the mid 2010s. Not that people won't go here, I just don't see the trend as crazy popular as it was years ago.

But then again, maybe that is why it is a perfect fit at Disney Springs .. as it keeps things a bit more timeless?

Glad to see new things coming to Disney Springs (especially the fairly abandoned and under-traveled West Side). This sounds yummy, but feels a little late to the party. This feels like it would have been a perfect fit 2 years ago. It just feels like the gourmet donut trend has passed and is on the down slope (even before COVID), sorta like the Fro-Yo craze of the early 2010s and the cupcake craze of the mid 2010s. Not that people won't go here, I just don't see the trend as crazy popular as it was years ago.

But then again, maybe that is why it is a perfect fit at Disney Springs .. as it keeps things a bit more timeless?
VooDoo donuts does well as CityWalk so maybe this will work out at Disney Springs.

They gotta do what they gotta do to increase capacity and make it work, but I hope this isn't forever. Ugly.
I'm fine with masks .. but the sheer amount of plexiglass in most stores/restaurants (and now rides) is getting pretty silly. Especially when most people lean around it (on both sides of the counter) so they can actually HEAR each other.

That being said, if this means they will cram more people in ride vehicles to get people through the queue .. plexiglass away (in the short term)! I don't think anyone wants to wait an hour plus wait on attractions when the parks aren't really crowded.

You'd think that one of the two things (social distancing in queues or increased vehicle capacity) need to change before they increase capacity (limited capacity in ride vehicles or social distancing in the queues). If not, don't increase capacity, because the lines will just be crazy.

At least there still is no FP :)

That being said, if this means they will cram more people in ride vehicles to get people through the queue .. plexiglass away (in the short term)! I don't think anyone wants to wait an hour plus wait on attractions when the parks aren't really crowded.

Yea about an hour in, we found an hour plus wait is about the only option the rest of the day.

At least there still is no FP :)

Hate to say/admit what I would have paid for 3 FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter