Next DVC refurb?

From the Annual Meeting they announced the following:
  • 2020 – Aulani (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Hilton Head (Full refurb)
  • 2021 – Grand Floridian (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Boulder Ridge (Full refurb)
  • 2022 – Polynesian (Refresh)
Obviously SSR would occur starting this year.

From the Annual Meeting they announced the following:
  • 2020 – Aulani (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Hilton Head (Full refurb)
  • 2021 – Grand Floridian (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Boulder Ridge (Full refurb)
  • 2022 – Polynesian (Refresh)
Obviously SSR would occur starting this year.

Thanks
Boulder Ridge seems quick. I feel like they just did a refurb. People saying it lacked theming.

Thanks
Boulder Ridge seems quick. I feel like they just did a refurb. People saying it lacked theming.
BRV received a soft goods refurbishment back in 2014.

At the 2015 Condo Association Meeting, DVC announced an accelerated refurbishment cycle.

Moving on to room renovations, Treasurer Terri Schulz previously noted that Disney Vacation Club has decided to accelerate the full renovation schedule which was put into place at DVC's inception. The original intent was to completely renovate all villas within a resort every 24 years. This full renovation would transform the accommodation into essentially a brand new room.

DVC has increased the frequency of these full renovations from every 24 years to every 14 years. According to budget projections, making this change resulted in an impact to member dues of less than 1%.

Between these full renovations are lesser updates to "soft goods" and "hard goods" which are scheduled about every 7 years. Soft goods typically consist of design materials including bedding, wall, window and floor coverings and upholstery. Hard goods refurbishments include updates to appliances and furniture.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-p...hments-highlight-an-uneventful-annual-meeting

So do they do a soft goods, hard goods and full refurb for each resort? Also what does refresh mean. Soft goods refurb? Or something else.

BRV received a soft goods refurbishment back in 2014.

Seems like they did quite a bit of work during that refurb. So much so that some were complaining of all the theming was gone in rooms. So to see a full refurb in 2021 seems quick to me. Maybe to bring back the theming to be more in line with Copper Creek? Hopefully that is the case for the owners who what great theming at BRV.

So do they do a soft goods, hard goods and full refurb for each resort? Also what does refresh mean. Soft goods refurb? Or something else.

Soft goods = refresh
Hard goods = full

Thanks. Is there a place where I can find BLT refurbs past and present? Doesn’t seem like much has been done there.

BLT isn't even 10 years old (August 2009). It received a soft goods refurb in 2016 and won't be due for more work until at least 2023.

HHI was looking pretty sad Summer 2018, but BRV was nice and spiffy Fall 2017, love the lack of carpeting.

HHI was looking pretty sad Summer 2018, but BRV was nice and spiffy Fall 2017, love the lack of carpeting.

I hope they change out the sofas at HHI. We always stay for over a week, and yet by the second day, the couch cushions are falling forward all the time and looking smushed.

Thanks

VWL at the time got it's refurb completed in 4-5 weeks total It was sloppy. The space for the new fridges was not big enough. They painted the outside of the cabinets but not the inside of the doors. And it had a certain "flair" to it's decor that was removed. Compared to the most recent refurbs though it's positively dripping in theme.

VWL at the time got it's refurb completed in 4-5 weeks total It was sloppy. The space for the new fridges was not big enough. They painted the outside of the cabinets but not the inside of the doors. And it had a certain "flair" to it's decor that was removed. Compared to the most recent refurbs though it's positively dripping in theme.

Was anything mentioned at the annual meeting about why such a short turnaround on the BRV refurb. Was it what you mentioned above? I have a feeling the fast turnaround has something to do with Cooper Creek even though they are separate resorts. Either way I would be thrilled with the quick refurb turnaround if I owned BRV.

Was anything mentioned at the annual meeting about why such a short turnaround on the BRV refurb. Was it what you mentioned above? I have a feeling the fast turnaround has something to do with Cooper Creek even though they are separate resorts. Either way I would be thrilled with the quick refurb turnaround if I owned BRV.

I think they bumped up the schedule because they were starting to get lots of criticism of rooms looking outdated. And then I think Iger paid a visit to WDW and didn't exactly like what he saw on the hotel side. Once the hotel side decided to start their refurbs it wasn't going to work too well if the DVC rooms they rented were so very different in comparison. So the original plans for time between refurbs - which was something like 20+ years for a full refurb were shortened.

I did not hear anything about why BRV gets the refurb again so soon. IMO they could just fix the sloppiness and call it good with a soft goods refurb. OKW was the first to finally get the "full" refurb in 2010 or so and now is finishing up it's second "full" refurb - again so I don't know if CCV was a catalyst for BRV or if DVC just decided they hadn't really given OKW and BRV the refurbs they should have gotten. I know they weren't as complete as what they did for BCV for example.

I think it received the soft refurb in 2014 which is 7 years from the expected hard refurb. Which falls in line with the accelerated model of every 14 years a hard refurb and halfway through those 14 a soft refurb.

So compared to the initial resort opening it seems fast but they accelerated the refurb timelines so it meshes well with everything else.

Seems like they did quite a bit of work during that refurb. So much so that some were complaining of all the theming was gone in rooms. So to see a full refurb in 2021 seems quick to me. Maybe to bring back the theming to be more in line with Copper Creek? Hopefully that is the case for the owners who what great theming at BRV.

In 2021 that will be 7 years after the last one. I expect BRV will be ready for the full refurb by then.

I think it received the soft refurb in 2014 which is 7 years from the expected hard refurb. Which falls in line with the accelerated model of every 14 years a hard refurb and halfway through those 14 a soft refurb.

So compared to the initial resort opening it seems fast but they accelerated the refurb timelines so it meshes well with everything else.

It was in essence what they called a hard goods refurb at the time. New appliances, counter tops, some new tile. Switched carpet in the living area to the laminate etc. All new furniture, some new light fixtures. It's almost exactly what BWV received a year later yet it isn't appearing on the schedule the following year. I've been puzzled by it since it was announced and am more than a little concerned that they do want to make it more like CCV in theme. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts