Next DVC refurb?

In 2021 that will be 7 years after the last one. I expect BRV will be ready for the full refurb by then.

Full refurbs are supposed to be 14 years apart now, aren't they? Not 7. The soft goods falls into the middle.

It was in essence what they called a hard goods refurb at the time. New appliances, counter tops, some new tile. Switched carpet in the living area to the laminate etc. All new furniture, some new light fixtures. It's almost exactly what BWV received a year later yet it isn't appearing on the schedule the following year. I've been puzzled by it since it was announced and am more than a little concerned that they do want to make it more like CCV in theme. :(

This is what I was thinking. They called it a soft refurb but it was a lot closer to a hard refurb. That’s why I said quick turnaround because I felt the last refurb was a hard refurb. CCV opening and this quick turnaround does make me wonder if there is something to that. Again I would be thrilled if I owned BRV.

It was in essence what they called a hard goods refurb at the time. New appliances, counter tops, some new tile. Switched carpet in the living area to the laminate etc. All new furniture, some new light fixtures. It's almost exactly what BWV received a year later yet it isn't appearing on the schedule the following year. I've been puzzled by it since it was announced and am more than a little concerned that they do want to make it more like CCV in theme. :(
I think it seems like they went quick/cheap and realize they need to fix it based on comments from people on here. How can you call it a hard goods refurb without new cabinets and bathrooms, shame on Disney. They really shouldn't have done that considering owners pay for these costs 100%. Hopefully they keep some style in there for the owners that definitely love it. I prefer CCV because of the light color theme and lack of carpet but that is my personal taste. It has the nice modern but still mountain theme. Though I love the heavy themes, so I would hate for Disney to drop them all. At least BRV will get the murphy bed instead of the sofa that is a huge upgrade, IMO.

This is what I was thinking. They called it a soft refurb but it was a lot closer to a hard refurb. That’s why I said quick turnaround because I felt the last refurb was a hard refurb. CCV opening and this quick turnaround does make me wonder if there is something to that. Again I would be thrilled if I owned BRV.

As a BRV owner who likes that theming so much more than CCV I am not thrilled if that is the thought. There are a few things I'd change but they'd pretty much fall under soft goods. Actually it's just the rug in the living room that has driven me nuts since day 1. :laughing: And the sloppy paint job. Everything else is still appealing and fresh IMO. Regular maintenance should be a given if things are in need of a touch up.

Based on what @KAT4DISNEY stated (painted cabinets not replaced) I think they have a new level of what they call a hard goods refurb. I'm guessing that is why they call it a full refurb now meaning that bathrooms and kitchens are essentially replaced top to bottom. At least that is what it appears OKW got. 4-5 weeks for a full refurb is fairly quick not lined up with how they are handling OKW and SSR when you adjust for the size differences between them and BRV.

I think it seems like they went quick/cheap and realize they need to fix it based on comments from people on here. How can you call it a hard goods refurb without new cabinets and bathrooms, shame on Disney. They really shouldn't have done that considering owners pay for these costs 100%. Hopefully they keep some style in there for the owners that definitely love it. I prefer CCV because of the light color theme and lack of carpet but that is my personal taste. It has the nice modern but still mountain theme. Though I love the heavy themes, so I would hate for Disney to drop them all. At least BRV will get the murphy bed instead of the sofa that is a huge upgrade, IMO.

But have they done new kitchen cabinets anywhere? I don't believe so. It was done horribly fast though and that showed.

Ok - add the murphy bed (good point!), fix the paint and change the living room rug. :)

As a BRV owner who likes that theming so much more than CCV I am not thrilled if that is the thought. There are a few things I'd change but they'd pretty much fall under soft goods. Actually it's just the rug in the living room that has driven me nuts since day 1. :laughing: And the sloppy paint job. Everything else is still appealing and fresh IMO. Regular maintenance should be a given if things are in need of a touch up.

Owners being thrilled as in shiny and new rooms. Refurb done right and not sloppy. I thought CCV was a good balance of modern and theming but different strokes.....

But have they done new kitchen cabinets anywhere? I don't believe so. It was done horribly fast though and that showed.
I think you are right looks like they just redid the cabinets in the kitchen at OKW just really well (or bought the exact same ones). Went and looked at the photos of side by side again. Though the bathrooms look brand new (shower, cabinets, tile) the cabinets and showers are different by enough they are clearly new. Which appears that BRV didn't receive the last refresh. So I'm expecting that BRV can expect new bathrooms with this refresh.

Owners being thrilled as in shiny and new rooms. Refurb done right and not sloppy. I thought CCV was a good balance of modern and theming but different strokes.....

Yes, it's modern rustic. And it's fine but I don't think we need to go there everywhere. I like variations in the DVC rooms. I was speaking with a furniture store owner who pointed out the difference in what the next generations think of as rustic vs what used to be considered rustic. Think CCV vs a lodge in Montana. I'd like to see BRV be more the lodge in Montana.

I am all for more extensive refurbs at a faster timeline. Feels like members finally won for once. MFs will probably go up faster as a result but oh well.

I think you are right looks like they just redid the cabinets in the kitchen at OKW just really well (or bought the exact same ones). Went and looked at the photos of side by side again. Though the bathrooms look brand new (shower, cabinets, tile) the cabinets and showers are different by enough they are clearly new. Which appears that BRV didn't receive the last refresh. So I'm expecting that BRV can expect new bathrooms with this refresh.

Yes, BRV did not have the half walls removed in the showers - that was the next refurb they started that at BWV. But then at BWV they left the old tile in the showers although changed the flooring tile. :confused3 (Let me change this as I was looking at the 1BR BWV pictures and decided to glance at the studios. We've had HA rooms there since the refurb and now I see it's probably just the HA studio showers that they left the old tile. Grrrrr - Wait, no, backtrack again. We did have another studio there since the refurb - Boardwalk view. And it still had the old tile. The sloppiness and inconsistencies of these refurbs is rather astounding. David's Vacation club rentals has a video with a studio with new tile work so apparently at least one studio got new tile in the tub/shower) As it so happens I like the half walls vs the glass - it offers someplace to set your shampoo! I consider the full glass walls a downgrade. And yes, OKW kept the same kitchen cabinets from what I understand. Maybe a new center island to reconfigure for the TV?

Last edited:
I’m sorry to barge in, but when you say Murphy bed in BRV, does that mean theres a chance the 1 bedroom would sleep 5? Addonitis has struck and we are deciding between BRV (heart’s favorite) and BLT (head’s favorite). One bedrooms that sleep 5 would help BRV’s case for us haha!

I’m sorry to barge in, but when you say Murphy bed in BRV, does that mean theres a chance the 1 bedroom would sleep 5? Addonitis has struck and we are deciding between BRV (heart’s favorite) and BLT (head’s favorite). One bedrooms that sleep 5 would help BRV’s case for us haha!

No, sorry. It's assumed that the sleeper sofas are going to get changed to the queen murphy bed/sofa style that is going in at SSR and at Riviera. Unless they really go for a layout change with the kitchen it's unlikely they'd add a single Murphy bed too like they did in the studios there during the last refurb.

No, sorry. It's assumed that the sleeper sofas are going to get changed to the queen murphy bed/sofa style that is going in at SSR and at Riviera. Unless they really go for a layout change with the kitchen it's unlikely they'd add a single Murphy bed too like they did in the studios there during the last refurb.

Bummer! I figured it was wishful thinking! Thank you for the info!

I thought HHI was refurbed in 2015 or so? It shouldn't be looking too sad.

The bathroom floor remains that hideous terra cotta (ish) orangish tile, zero storage. Paint along the door jams while freshly painted was lumpy because it was painted over a lot of chipped paint. The kitchenette looked fresh and new.
It was the DVC room we've used that needed the most TLC. At SSR in a few weeks, let's see what that looks like!

Regarding BLT.....I've never felt the quality of the furnishings at BLT were up to par with previous DVC standards. We stayed there in January, 2010, five months after opening, and our two bedroom lock off was showing lots of wear and tear already. The dining table surface had many surface scratches, the kitchen cabinetry had smudge marks, which looked greasy, but wouldn't budge when wiped with a soapy cloth, stains on the carpeting and upholstery. I remember emailing Member Services while there to comment on it since I could not imagine the furnishings which were there would last a substantial time. As another poster has stated BLT is not even 10 years old yet, therefore, should not even be scheduled for a full rehab for another 4 years. We have not stayed there since, so I honestly cannot say, IMO, how the resort has fared over the past 10 years....but that one trip was enough to make us decide not to stay there again.

Regarding BLT.....I've never felt the quality of the furnishings at BLT were up to par with previous DVC standards. We stayed there in January, 2010, five months after opening, and our two bedroom lock off was showing lots of wear and tear already. The dining table surface had many surface scratches, the kitchen cabinetry had smudge marks, which looked greasy, but wouldn't budge when wiped with a soapy cloth, stains on the carpeting and upholstery. I remember emailing Member Services while there to comment on it since I could not imagine the furnishings which were there would last a substantial time. As another poster has stated BLT is not even 10 years old yet, therefore, should not even be scheduled for a full rehab for another 4 years. We have not stayed there since, so I honestly cannot say, IMO, how the resort has fared over the past 10 years....but that one trip was enough to make us decide not to stay there again.

If memory serves, much of the original furnishings were repaired/replaced either by the manufacturer or at DVD's expense. Some of the original laminates did not hold up well after opening, but it has not continued to deteriorate over the past 9+ years.

VWL at the time got it's refurb completed in 4-5 weeks total It was sloppy. The space for the new fridges was not big enough. They painted the outside of the cabinets but not the inside of the doors. And it had a certain "flair" to it's decor that was removed. Compared to the most recent refurbs though it's positively dripping in theme.
Except it was swarming with theming before that renovation and they took a lot of that out. No more patterned fabric, mostly plain stuff. They seen to have a fondness for light brown ugly sofas now.

I,m looking to the full refurb at BLT. We were studio people, then 1 bedroom people and now back to studio people. We loved the 1 bedroom but the studios leave a bit to be desired. Interested in seeing if they leave the kitchenette be or reconfigure that and bathroom area. I also hope they put down laminate wood floors like CCV. I suppose a couch/Murphy bed combo would also be cool. Larger TV on wall will be nice in the studios after refurb

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter