Next DVC refurb?

I,m looking to the full refurb at BLT. We were studio people, then 1 bedroom people and now back to studio people. We loved the 1 bedroom but the studios leave a bit to be desired. Interested in seeing if they leave the kitchenette be or reconfigure that and bathroom area. I also hope they put down laminate wood floors like CCV. I suppose a couch/Murphy bed combo would also be cool. Larger TV on wall will be nice in the studios after refurb
I bet they will never touch the kitchenette or bathroom. The BLT studio was the first big change from the VWL/BCV/BWV/SSR studio.

It was in essence what they called a hard goods refurb at the time. New appliances, counter tops, some new tile. Switched carpet in the living area to the laminate etc. All new furniture, some new light fixtures. It's almost exactly what BWV received a year later yet it isn't appearing on the schedule the following year. I've been puzzled by it since it was announced and am more than a little concerned that they do want to make it more like CCV in theme. :(

It sounds like it should be a soft goods refurb instead. I am not an owner of BRV, but I think owners would think about writing and asking why so soon after the last hard good refurb.

I know I'm awakening a dead topic but I stayed in a 2 bedroom at BRV for the first time (purchased in 2018) and was kind of dissatisfied. The outlets were loose and needed upgraded for USB (IMO). The sleeper sofa and bambi pillows looked 20 years old. What's the deal with the rug shifting all over the place? It is a great resort, but looks like Disney did a slap-dash job of BRV refurb in comparison to BCV and BWV. I've stayed at AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF, and PVB and in comparison I thought BRV was in need of updating. As a new owner and someone who loves WLR, I'm really excited about a refurb! The resale price of BRV is affordable (even with 2042 expiration).....so bring it on!

So was BRV's last one considered a full rehab? I thought it was a soft goods.

It was considered full.....for the time. Kind of like OKW's in 2009 or 2010 was considered a 90% full refurb. They did flooring, painted cabinets, changed furniture, mirrors, counter tops etc. Those things are not part of a soft goods. Really it was full although they left the old wall tiles although changed the floor tiles. (I like the wall tiles so that was fine).

I know I'm awakening a dead topic but I stayed in a 2 bedroom at BRV for the first time (purchased in 2018) and was kind of dissatisfied. The outlets were loose and needed upgraded for USB (IMO). The sleeper sofa and bambi pillows looked 20 years old. What's the deal with the rug shifting all over the place? It is a great resort, but looks like Disney did a slap-dash job of BRV refurb in comparison to BCV and BWV. I've stayed at AKV, BLT, BWV, VGF, and PVB and in comparison I thought BRV was in need of updating. As a new owner and someone who loves WLR, I'm really excited about a refurb! The resale price of BRV is affordable (even with 2042 expiration).....so bring it on!

Sorry, but yikes. While most of the complaints about DVC are certainly first world problems, the usb charging takes the cake IMO. This sounds harsher than it was intended. We were in a two bedroom LV two weeks ago, all eight of us had no issues with the room, including those stuck on the pullouts.

In no ways meant to come across harsh so I apologize for that. Just sharing my experience. Could have just gotten a bad room? :confused3 I guess asking for USB is a bit much but would be nice to have outlets that weren't super loose. Just wondering if anyone felt the same way and I haven't come across it. Has to have been just a bad room. I know it's totally first world problems but it is fun and informative to discuss and get people's opinion and see different reviews. ❤

In no ways meant to come across harsh so I apologize for that. Just sharing my experience. Could have just gotten a bad room? :confused3 I guess asking for USB is a bit much but would be nice to have outlets that weren't super loose. Just wondering if anyone felt the same way and I haven't come across it. Has to have been just a bad room. I know it's totally first world problems but it is fun and informative to discuss and get people's opinion and see different reviews. ❤
I don’t think it was harsh, you were sharing your experience. Our last room at AKV you couldn’t even use the usb’s In the nightstand because they were so loose nothing would plug into them and the regular plug kept falling out. I think some work is just done poorly for the high usage these rooms get.

I don’t think it was harsh, you were sharing your experience. Our last room at AKV you couldn’t even use the usb’s In the nightstand because they were so loose nothing would plug into them and the regular plug kept falling out. I think some work is just done poorly for the high usage these rooms get.

I bet a lot of the outlets get loosened up, because people just pull on the cords of their devices and rough up the outlets. Might not be a workmanship issue, just a high use issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!