[NLIC] Questions About Disney Culinary Program

DisneyCulinaryHopeful

Earning My Ears
I'm sorry if any of my questions have been answered before, but I'm just so curious about things.
  1. Does it lesson the chances of me even being considered if I applied on 8/17 but the applications have been open since about 7/26?
  2. Roughly how long should the first "In Progress" take after applying?
  3. My only work experience involving any type of cooking was when my dad had a brief stint owning a pizza restaurant back in 2011/2012. Are there any pizza places for CPs to work? - Or would they put me where they needed me?
  4. Since checks are direct deposited, how would an apartment work out food? Everyone for themselves?-or make a default shopping list and rotate the roommates to buy everything on the list?
  5. I'm thinking about CS two bed, four people as my most preferred. I don't have a car and I'm not the party type, so CS would be my go-to anyways. What would be my best order for DORMS?

[UPDATE]

I just received the e-mail about scheduling the call for the general culinary knowledge. It's going to be tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I'm sorry if any of my questions have been answered before, but I'm just so curious about things.
  1. Does it lesson the chances of me even being considered if I applied on 8/17 but the applications have been open since about 7/26?
  2. Roughly how long should the first "In Progress" take after applying?
  3. My only work experience involving any type of cooking was when my dad had a brief stint owning a pizza restaurant back in 2011/2012. Are there any pizza places for CPs to work? - Or would they put me where they needed me?
  4. Since checks are direct deposited, how would an apartment work out food? Everyone for themselves?-or make a default shopping list and rotate the roommates to buy everything on the list?
  5. I'm thinking about CS two bed, four people as my most preferred. I don't have a car and I'm not the party type, so CS would be my go-to anyways. What would be my best order for DORMS?

Hi! I'm a FT pastry cook at Be Our Guest and did the culinary program last summer! Thought I'd answer your questions as best I can :)

1. I think you'll be fine. Not everyone applies immediately. I knew a few people who applied on the last day and got in!
2. It's different for everyone. My school had in-person interviews, so I applied about three weeks before my interview and heard at the end of interview week.
3. They'll put you where they need you. The only people who really get "specialized" placements are pastry students, who need to be in a pastry kitchen, and even that's pretty much just "Oh, there's a spot here, put them there".
4. Everyone for themselves, mostly. Some roommates work it out where they share, but I've never found that to work out for me and I've done three programs (two regular, one culinary, but the housing element is identical). The only things I really shared with my last set of roommates were staples like flour, sugar, salt, spices, things like that. Borrowing in an emergency is one thing, but on a day to day basis, we bought our own stuff. We did do a couple of "roommate dinners" where they chipped in and I cooked for all three of us, but that only happened two or three times. On my first program, we ended up having to label all of our food because one girl kept stealing from the rest of us. Plus, not everyone likes the same thing, or have dietary requirements (religious reasons, allergies, diet, etc) that cause them to avoid certain things. The only people I really knew who shared were married couples or people who happened to be dating their roommates.
5. Honestly, put what you want first. If what you want is Chatham 2BR/4P, put that first. If you don't want to live in Vista except as a last resort, put that last. You'll find out where you're living later in the process. Apparently they changed the check in process just since last year, because I've heard that people check in at their complexes now instead of everyone at Vista.

As far as how long it'll take to get your response, I genuinely don't know. Everyone has a different application experience. Like I said, we had in person interviews at my school the first four days of the week and found out the following Friday, but I knew a lot of people on my program who had phone interviews and found out weeks later. This was also last year, so I don't know if it's any different this year.

Good luck!

Well, no longer in consideration for the Disney Culinary Program. But, I just applied for the Disney College Program. Let's see how that turns out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter