No Cinderella Surpise Celebration Or Meet And Greet

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
For Sept 2-20,2003.This is now posted on the official Disney website.What else are they going to take away for the month of September?

Huh??? I love Cinderella's Surprise Celebration and was hoping to see it again this visit and show it to my parents. :(

Where did you see a schedule listing this show? Or, rather, *not* listing it?

I can't find any show times, where is this?

I just checked the WDW site and in the FAQ for closed attractions says this: Due to refurbishment of the Castle Forecourt Stage, there will be no performances of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration nor will there be Castle Forecourt Meet and Greet opportunities September 2 - 20, 2003.

I hope this helps.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason they did not offer AP rates in September is because they really didn't want big crowds so they could close a bunch of things and reduce costs. Why else would they have no discounts on a slow month and offer them on what is supposed to be the busiest time of the year - Christmas.

Gee, I'm glad I happened to catch Cinderella's celebration on Monday! I hadn't planned on in, but I was walking by and the park was so empty that I got a spot up close.

September is one of the slowest months which is why there are great rates and they perfom a lot of maintenance.

There is no conspiracy theory about cost cutting. Sorry this attraction will be closed when you visit.

Dave O.

Go Howard Dean !!!!

well, they're not having it this week for Night of Joy......

and I was talking to some of the CMs today and they said that the stage is REALLY BAD and needs a lot of help......so I'm kinda glad about it

My DD is a CM who frequently performs in this show. She, too, says that the Castle stage floor desperately needs repair. They also will be repairing the "surprise boxes" that are on stage during the show and fixing other props/costumes. Since September is a slow month, this is the logical time to update things. While the safety of the CM's must always come first, for those guests who are at the parks during this time period, it certainly is disappointing. New casting and bidding assignments for CM's will also take effect at the end of September--so there are a lot of changes taking place.

Originally posted by DaveO
September is one of the slowest months which is why there are great rates and they perfom a lot of maintenance.

There is no conspiracy theory about cost cutting. Sorry this attraction will be closed when you visit.

Great rates? No AP or Room Only codes were offered to non-Florida residents in September. But they were offered for most of the rest of the year, including Christmas Day.

I had read that they are setting up for the new Wishes fireworks and some will come from the castle. I don't know how true that is but I also read that when Wishes does start that you will not be able to stand behind the castle because of very close fireworks. I know many stand by Dumbo as it was the best place to view them.

Unfortunately, September is a big month for rehabs.

We were there last September and many things were closed: Haunted Mansion, Crystal Palace and it seemed like half of World Showcase! I still remember standing by Norway and looking out across the lagoon and seeing plywood everywhere! Norway, France, Canada and Italy as I remember!

But we had a great trip anyway!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter