No Companion restrooms on Castaway Cay

Joan Cerniglia-Lowen

Earning My Ears
We had to return to the ship because of this. Cast members kept sending us to regular restrooms but my husband obviously couldn't help me in there. I did send an email to DVC. Disney is generally so handicap friendly that this was disappointing and surprising.

I’m so sorry you had that experience and dealt with some uninformed CMs. They were wrong and Castaway does have some companion restrooms.

I’ve used them before. They don’t have that many and I think it’s like 3 for the whole island? I wish they had more as going to the bathroom shouldn’t be a trek or a scavenger hunt.

We had to return to the ship because of this. Cast members kept sending us to regular restrooms but my husband obviously couldn't help me in there. I did send an email to DVC. Disney is generally so handicap friendly that this was disappointing and surprising.
I'm so sorry you were given inaccurate information. There are companion restrooms on Castaway Cay. From the Information for Guests with Disabilities:

Companion-assisted restroom facilities are at the First Aid, Cookies Too and Windsock Hut locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter