No Fall Discounts or Promos, changes to crowds?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Although we usually see a Fall discount around now, this year there doesn't seem to be anything. If I'm reading things right, the last discount ended booking a week ago (or so) and only extended to early Sept. Will that actually decrease the September/October crowds? We're currently thinking of adding a party night to our plans, but if there's a chance fall will be 'quieter' I'd love to make it a longer trip!

Although we usually see a Fall discount around now, this year there doesn't seem to be anything. If I'm reading things right, the last discount ended booking a week ago (or so) and only extended to early Sept. Will that actually decrease the September/October crowds? We're currently thinking of adding a party night to our plans, but if there's a chance fall will be 'quieter' I'd love to make it a longer trip!

Historically, fall discounts have been released in June or July, so I'd look for them to be released in the same timeframe this year. :) I don't think there any quiet times at WDW anymore, but I sure do miss them!

Well, no, most years the fall discounts have released around April. Just last year was July/June. It was a kind of crazy year but I will say they seem to be following the same pattern. And with short booking windows I would make sure you are subscribed to all the different blogs that will alert you when the deals drop.

I think that coronavirus might make crowds lower. Not at all and in any way fear mongering, but they did just cancel a huge music festival in Miami that was due in 2 weeks so I think people are starting to kind of go hmmm maybe this isn't the year for Disney. (I'm not debating whether they are right or wrong, just the reality that its happening and it IS happening.)

Coronavirus should get us some good discounts RIGHT? 😂

I’m also wondering if some of the guests who have booked late March to early summer trips may postpone their trips to the fall, resulting in the fall being busier than normal. Hard to say. We are going in early September. I need to shift our trip by a day and even the early Sept discount is gone now, so I am also back to watching and waiting.

I’m also wondering if some of the guests who have booked late March to early summer trips may postpone their trips to the fall, resulting in the fall being busier than normal. Hard to say. We are going in early September. I need to shift our trip by a day and even the early Sept discount is gone now, so I am also back to watching and waiting.

It really depends. Right now there are 5 COVID19 cases in Florida. None in Orlando. I feel like if ONE pops up in Orlando there are gonna be a ton of cancellations (and I don't blame people, until we know more its best to just avoid it). But I feel like people who cancel over coronavirus also won't wanna schedule a vacation during hurricane season lol.

Its really up in the air. Either we're gonna have a huge uptick in cases and everyone is gonna cancel and its gonna hit the fan, or by April this will be old news and no one is gonna cancel anything lol. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. My friend is going in May and she's freaking out right now trying to decide if she should cancel. I told her to hold out to the last second possible, because really if she doesn't cancel and it turns out to be nothing she might wind up with a low crowd situation lol.

It really depends. Right now there are 5 COVID19 cases in Florida. None in Orlando. I feel like if ONE pops up in Orlando there are gonna be a ton of cancellations (and I don't blame people, until we know more its best to just avoid it). But I feel like people who cancel over coronavirus also won't wanna schedule a vacation during hurricane season lol.

That‘s a really good point. If people have to cancel for coronavirus, I bet they would think twice of going during hurricane season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!