No Fireworks May 15 & 16?

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I was planning a solo birthday trip but when I check the schedule it doesn't list the Fireworks either of these days (monday tuesday). With no Pirates, Blue Bayou, Fantasmic and now no fireworks, I might have to rethink things.

Mid May is consider the off season/ value season. The night time entertainment only runs on the weekends.

I know it is "off season" and wasn't expecting Fantasmic but was expecting the fireworks since they are a major part of the 50th celebration.

At this point with so many of the thing I was looking forward to not occuring I am thinking I will have to cancel or at least postpone my trip. Unfortunetly, then it won't be for my birthday, which I was really looking forward to.... :(

They ran them nightly for the first few months of the celebrations. Then in the fall, after Labor day, they reduced them to weekends only, except during peak seasons. There is always a trade off- either go in off season and avoid the crowds, get your hotel a little cheaper but have shorter hours, limited schedules and refurbs- or go in peak season and have longer hours and more entertainment- but also huge crowds and pay more. We prefer to give up a few things and have less people.

hlbtimes2 said:
There is always a trade off- either go in off season and avoid the crowds, get your hotel a little cheaper but have shorter hours, limited schedules and refurbs- or go in peak season and have longer hours and more entertainment- but also huge crowds and pay more. We prefer to give up a few things and have less people.
For me it wasn't a choice, I didnt choose when I was born ;) . I just didn't realize they didn't show the fireworks during the week. Everything else being close/no showing (pirates, blue bayou, fantasmic) I already figured on and though I would miss, not a deal breaker. The fireworks on the other hand...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter