No Free Dining Today!

DaisyD

<font color=teal>Nothing like crunchy milk in the
Sorry, but I was thrilled when the free dining wasn't out today. It was my 180 day mark to call for my trip. LOL! Having said that, I still had a terrible time getting 'Ohana for dinner on the first night. The earliest available was 8:10. I can't believe they were filled up already. Other then that I got all my other ADRs at the times I wanted including two more meals at 'Ohana for the rest of our trip. :)

1) Blame it on 180+10.
2) Those with hotel ressies 10-days before you could have snapped them up.

That's actually not too bad. Depending on the time of year you go (end of September I am assuming) You should be there for the fireworks (apparently it isa great spot to see them). Just be sure to ask for a table with a view.

That's actually not too bad. Depending on the time of year you go (end of September I am assuming) You should be there for the fireworks (apparently it isa great spot to see them). Just be sure to ask for a table with a view.

We are staying at the Poly so we usually stroll down the beach when we want to see the fireworks. We prefer earlier eating but apparently so does everyone else. Eating at 8pm for us is just too late. I'll be up all night pumped full of food and caffeine if I eat that late. LOL!

I was one of the crazys that got up very early (4:00am our time)
to get the ADRs I wanted. I booked ADRs online for the 1st time--it was great and very easy.
I got everything I wanted and the Restaurants and times---I even had several choices as to times. I hope FD is offered because that will save us the most with
3 adults--Me, DH and DS(14-the human food vacuum).

well, if you really want 'Ohana, I'd say keep checking it because if free dining does not come out this year I'd bet some of those reservations cancel (people have been booking dinner reservations in anticipation of getting free dining...some will be cancelling vacations or dining plans if they can't get the free meals.)

I would say keep trying everyday...sometimes I wonder if Disney releases certain block of times...like 5 tables are avail @ 5pm and then sometime down the road open a few more tables. That way people have a chance to get a table at different times. Or you just have some that cancel their ressies because they canceled vacation or got something else they wanted better. Also check before you leave sometimes people cancel while there...we have done this in the past. We get there and decide a ressie doesn't work for us later in the week.

I hope Disney doesn't offer Free Dining til next week. Then the last of the bounceback people will get their ADR's done before it's open to the rest of the people.

I just realized, thanks to Dis :love: , that I don't have to have a room or vacation even booked to make my ressies, the very odd thing was the day I found out was the exact 180 day mark for my first day at the World, every day since then I was able to get every ressie I wanted, I always booked in the morning sometime, and I even got Ohana at 6:30!

I hope Disney doesn't offer Free Dining til next week. Then the last of the bounceback people will get their ADR's done before it's open to the rest of the people.
:confused: not sure i understand what u r saying. We visited POR last dec & would've able to book bounceback thru 3rd week of dec this year:confused3

Thank you for thinking of all of us!! I'm on pins and needles this week as my 180 window is this Thursday. I'm pretty flexible, I just want to get it done and not have to worry about the system crashing because everyone is on at the same time. I'll be on at 6:00AM on Thursday, just in case there is a 7:00AM release. Keep your fingers crossed that the promotion holds out for a few more days.

Looks like your 180 day is Saturday?

They are referring to the fall FD bounceback. You must have been on winter FD which happened for the first time last year.

yes, i enjoyed my very 1st FD booking @ the PORFQ in Dec:banana:

I promptly booked a 40% bounceback, no FDP, which i'll probably wind up not using if we can't sneak an extra trip in this year...oh well...was nice to have it offered:thumbsup2.

Yes, today was my 180 + 10 BB FD trip and I called and got most of my ADRs. I could not get a dinner at LeCellier the first 3 days of my trip or settle for an 8:00PM dinner. But after day 3 things openned up better. Glad the FD announcement to the public had not openned up, I was getting nervous.

1) Blame it on 180+10.
2) Those with hotel ressies 10-days before you could have snapped them up.

Yeah, it works both ways doesn't it!

Also, there seem to be more people this year who were indicating an intention to make ADRs IN ANTICIPATION OF Free Dining - that will be a factor too, however small.

I just seriously hope it's even offered. BUT, I was glad that it hadn't come out as of yesterday since that's when I had to make our reservations. I still couldn't get Le Cellier for dinner, but I'm thinking lunch would be better anyways since it's cheaper...lol. I'm starting to understand the people that say it's too hyped up. I mean, to book up for dinner 6 months in advance is crazy...lol.

I just seriously hope it's even offered. BUT, I was glad that it hadn't come out as of yesterday since that's when I had to make our reservations. I still couldn't get Le Cellier for dinner, but I'm thinking lunch would be better anyways since it's cheaper...lol.

I want to be relieved that it's not out yet (and may not be before I book my ADRs on Monday) but it's hard to ignore the fact that some people are waiting for it and won't be able to go if it isn't offered. I just can't not care to that extent. :goodvibes

I'm starting to understand the people that say it's too hyped up. I mean, to book up for dinner 6 months in advance is crazy...lol.

I do agree with you. I have decided to change one of my breakfasts to a lunch since we are doing a few bfast and as I don't like eggs or eat sausage or bacon, I just know, right here and now that on exactly October 9th I will want lunch instead of fruit ..... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter