No Kids, Gnu Year! Ringing in 2018 at WDW! **Complete 8/31**

Great MK pics! I love that little Minnie stuffie, so adorable!

That's awesome that the Pirates standby long wasn't as long as advertised!

I think that Minnie is so cute! Her gigantic head makes her almost tip over, LOL.
I was really excited by the Pirates line. I feel like they must have put more boats in the water after the wait time went up or something, because we stood still for awhile, and then suddenly the line started moving steadily.

I really love those! I hope they have them up again this December!

If you don't go back and get it, I will be very very disappointed in you!

Sweet!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif[img]

They have a whole series of windows with scenes from Mickey's Christmas Carol! They are amazing. But I'm like a little child, I want to see them up close not through glass. I want to touch them and see how they're made!

I knooow!! I really should get that Minnie!!

#GirlPower

Chapter Three Part Three

All aboard the Huck Finn Express...or something

It was a calm little float across the water. I feel like it could be a fun job, piloting the raft.

When we landed on the island, the Christmas parade was kicking off in Frontierland

We watched for awhile and then started exploring the island! First stop, Harper's Mill!

I was probably way more excited to be on this island than I should have been. It's always fun to do something new at Disney World. Tom Sawyer's Island is just something I'd overlooked and put on the back burner. Who knew there were such pretty views of everything??

And it was just so darn CUTE

But one thing really stood out above the rest, and that was the amazing panoramic views of the Haunted Mansion

When you're in line waiting for the ride, or you're just outside of it, it looms over you up there on that hill. It was really cool to see the details

There was even a wreath on the door

The Liberty Belle paddled by...another thing I'd never done before.

I don't know how many more times I can say "we admired the view" in one TR post, so I'll just skip the chatter and show off some pictures

We had our next fast pass coming up, so there was one more thing we wanted to see before taking the raft back across...we wanted to go in the mine.

It's basically exactly the same as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train if you can't get a fast pass for that. See??

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok, so maybe not, LOL!

We left the island and went toward Liberty Square, and the Haunted Mansion.

It was just a teensy bit busy

the standby line was insane, and they had looped the line around and down where you exit the Liberty Belle.

the fastpass line wasn't quite as bad as it looks from this picture. We waited maybe ten minutes or so. Most of the back up was just people being slow scanning their magic band. And see how right I was about the view from right in front of it vs. from the island??

I tried to take a picture in here, but did NOT have the same luck as on Pirates

But those little kitty cats make me happy, so who cares if it's terrible??

The picture amount for this update was weird, because if I add in the next section, lunch at LTT, it makes me go over the picture limit. So I will just pause here for now.
If I don't come back later on, have an amazing weekend!!

Last edited:
You had me so pumped up for that bread pudding :rotfl: It was by far my favorite thing.

Yes it was so good

. The rocks were weird. I thought they would be like hard candy or something, but they were kind of chewy...like a tootsie roll that had been sitting out somewhere for a week or two :rotfl2:

Oh that is a weird texture. :crazy2:

I think we were still kind of full from dinner (and then the hot cocoa, oops!), even though we ate early. The no chairs thing was also annoying, mainly b/c we didn't get one of the tall tables, we ended up with a short one that was thigh height, so it was super awkward. I would have paid extra for a chair! they should have them available at the door for an add on...you're missing a money making opportunity, Disney!!

We ended up canceling our dinner beforehand which I think was a good choice. Ours was a higher table, but we were at the end near the kitchen door, and there was a little ledge next to it so I kind of sat on ledge :rotfl:

What's he watching on tv, anyway??

I love this!

that jack in the box freaks me out!!

Me too!

And Woody! I love this shot:

I actually just watched a Timtracker tour of the resort and it's a really cute resort. He kept saying it looked like Woody was smoldering :rotfl:

This food experience was not the best. We both had the breakfast flatbread, with eggs, sausage, bacon, and gravy, with tater tots.

Oh no you should've asked for the secret menu!

What's an ufufy you wonder??

I kept making Josh smell them :rotfl:

And let's face it, the real stars of the whole shebang:

So true.

(and if you followed my October TR, you'll notice the walls that popped up on that trip are still there. What are they doing there, does anyone know?)

I think that's the rumored Club 33 location for MK?

Those pictures of the HM from the the raft are wonderful
I’ve never seen the rest of the HM just from the queue
It looks so cool

Last edited:
You can see all the people watching us behind him. Not awkward at ALL, lol!! They didn't take kindly to photographs, which is why this one is blurry too

I love that they interact with people now.

He was so much fun! He saw the porgs on my shirt and we talked about how annoying those little critters were. All he wanted was a nice meal, and they had to go and ruin it for him! I was completely star struck, and I'm really glad I waited until DH was with me before doing this meet and greet.
Chewie is the best!

And you know I was just excited in general to see the Muppets
Too funny! Sounds like a good new addition for the holidays.

I really want to be able to be in the room for Prince Eric tryouts for this show.

Qualifications: Must be able to lie motionless while wearing terrible wig.
Ha! We haven't scene that show in MANY years. It's just ok.

Please don't ever let me make dessert party reservations for a nighttime show that doesn't start until 10:30 pm ever again. Slap my
Yikes! 10:30!

We didn't get a Chewbacca stein :sad::sad::sad:

It was a BB-8 sipper cup. I was so disappointed. Like, way more disappointed than an adult needs to be about not getting a Chewbacca mug.
Ummm... W did the Star Wars party a couple years ago with the girls. So we have 4 Chewbacca Steins. I would be willing to trade! 1 Chewie for 1 BB8! If you want, PM me!

We talked to the people next to us in the time between shows...they stood up to watch too, by the way!
Craziness! Wanting to stand and see the show you paid for! How dare you! On a side note, I went to my daughters Hall of Presidents presentation today at school. And the parents standing around were acting the same way! It was craziness!

soap dispenser in the shower. Note there's no conditioner

ummmm I hope that was a mistake.... I don't actually mind the idea of these, you can get the shampoo at easy, but I wonder how many stay empty with housekeeping not filling them up?

And our lone toiletry item

Ha! Just in case you didn't have enough shampoo! I do love that Shampoo!

What's he watching on tv, anyway??

Me! :rotfl:
Love it!

and had a really hard time saying no. I look this up on the shop parks app a lot, but I haven't bought her yet. I have a few plush that I keep on a shelf in my closet next to my collection of Minnie ears, and I have just enough room for this Minnie. Hm...
I tried to convince my girls to get these black n white dolls. So cute!

(and if you followed my October TR, you'll notice the walls that popped up on that trip are still there. What are they doing there, does anyone know?)
I was just wondering the same thing.

The next band came through:

and then we kept moving toward the raft launch for Tom Sawyer's Island.
I love that you stayed to watch the band!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok, so maybe not, LOL!
I have almost the exact same picture from our visit to the crystals! The 8th wonder of the world!

Oops somehow I missed the last update when I was quoting this.

There was even a wreath on the door

I really liked the views too, but didn't really like Tom Sawyer's Island that much. It was nice to see HM and BTRRM from a new view though. I never noticed the wreath!

We've never done that before either.

Love that cute little Minnie! Hope you were able to get her!!!:lovestruc

Some of the best experiences that we've had at WDW, are the times when we've taken it the slowest.
Looks like y'all are enjoying yourselves!

All caught up! What a great start to your NYE trip, and how fabulous that you and your DH had this time together. My only complaint was that we weren't able to meet up :sad1: I'm sure it'll happen eventually though ;)

As someone who has now both done a solo trip AND the Star Wars dessert party, would you say it's doable solo? I booked it for my May trip with minor anxiety about doing it alone, but I really, really want to do it, so that's outweighing my fear of awkwardness :laughing:

I've also never done Tom Sawyer island... but maybe I need to rectify that! For those amazing views alone! ::yes::

Joining in, but I left off before you got to the MK and will have to go back to catch up!

I stayed at the Hyatt at MCO in 2016 and we are staying there again this April. I think it's a great choice if your flight gets in late. And the hotel was surprisingly quiet!

I love all your DHS pictures. I think they do a great job with their Christmas decorations. DH and I had a sneak peek since we just went, also on an adults only trip, this past October/November. We got to see Halloween and Christmas, which was pretty cool.

We were slightly disappointed with the SWDP also. Kind of ran into some rude people at the fireworks viewing area, as well. I don't think we'd do it again.

Can't wait to read more!

Yes it was so good

Oh that is a weird texture. :crazy2:

We ended up canceling our dinner beforehand which I think was a good choice. Ours was a higher table, but we were at the end near the kitchen door, and there was a little ledge next to it so I kind of sat on ledge :rotfl:

I love this!

Me too!

I actually just watched a Timtracker tour of the resort and it's a really cute resort. He kept saying it looked like Woody was smoldering :rotfl:

Oh no you should've asked for the secret menu!

I kept making Josh smell them :rotfl:

So true.

I think that's the rumored Club 33 location for MK?

I had a vanilla tootsie roll yesterday during my meeting that was really old and I thought it was going to break my teeth - yup, exactly like the candy rocks on that cupcake, lol!

I wish we'd gotten one of the taller tables, but they were in kind of a weird place outside the main party area and they were all so close together. The small table made it awkward to eat b/c if you sat the plate on the table you had to kind of bend down to eat, and if you kept it in your hand there was no point to the table.

The picture of me with the tv makes me laugh!
The resort was really cute. Woody WAS smoldering...he is trying to impress Bo Peep!!

I didn't know there was a secret menu! Although I don't know if it would have been better :crazy2:

Haha!! I kept making Matt smell them too!! He is so patient with me :rotfl:

That makes sense about Club 33!! I keep forgetting they're adding it...I need to win the lottery.

You're making me want to take a trip to Tom Sawyer Island just for the view of Haunted Mansion! Awesome pics!

I loved Tom Sawyer Island. I'm not sure why exactly, maybe just because it was new and different, but I want to go back and spend more time. We didn't even go through the whole thing. And the view of HM was awesome!!

Those pictures of the HM from the the raft are wonderful
I’ve never seen the rest of the HM just from the queue
It looks so cool

The Haunted Mansion is so beautiful, I think it's worth it to go over to the island to see the whole thing - I feel sad that I've missed out on seeing all the details of it for so long

I love that they interact with people now.
Chewie is the best!

Too funny! Sounds like a good new addition for the holidays.

Ha! We haven't scene that show in MANY years. It's just ok.

Yikes! 10:30!
Ummm... W did the Star Wars party a couple years ago with the girls. So we have 4 Chewbacca Steins. I would be willing to trade! 1 Chewie for 1 BB8! If you want, PM me!

Craziness! Wanting to stand and see the show you paid for! How dare you! On a side note, I went to my daughters Hall of Presidents presentation today at school. And the parents standing around were acting the same way! It was craziness!

ummmm I hope that was a mistake.... I don't actually mind the idea of these, you can get the shampoo at easy, but I wonder how many stay empty with housekeeping not filling them up?

Ha! Just in case you didn't have enough shampoo! I do love that Shampoo!

Love it!

I tried to convince my girls to get these black n white dolls. So cute!

I was just wondering the same thing.

I love that you stayed to watch the band!

I have almost the exact same picture from our visit to the crystals! The 8th wonder of the world!

Chewie was so fun! I was impressed with how emotive he was able to be under all that hair!!

Ah! I wish I'd paid closer attention to your comment sooner!! We ended up giving the BB-8s to the kids...they didn't know we got them and when they were taking laundry in they saw them wanted them!! I would have 100% made the trade!

I was surprised that people kept sitting, I don't know how it gave them a better view at all. Honestly, I feel like it would have blocked even more of the fireworks to be lower to ground. People are weird :rotfl:

I liked having the big bottles of shampoo, too! (although I wish one was conditioner!! I'm going to assume they just put the wrong bottle in the 3rd spot??) I feel like I go through the tiny bottles too quickly.

Oh, I like the black and white ones too. I have a real plush problem. I wish I could justify buying more because I love them so much!

Raeven thinks Club 33, and that makes sense. I keep forgetting that they're putting them into the the WDW parks

DH was in marching band, and had a music scholarship, so I knew he'd enjoy staying and watching. I also wanted to support the kids and see all their hard work pay off - how cool to be able to play at WDW!

Yes! Definitely the 8th wonder. I thought the mine was kind of creepy, honestly! I kept waiting for kids to jump out and try to scare me...there's no way I'd make it through a haunted house, LOL!!

Oops somehow I missed the last update when I was quoting this.

I really liked the views too, but didn't really like Tom Sawyer's Island that much. It was nice to see HM and BTRRM from a new view though. I never noticed the wreath!

We've never done that before either.

I thought the island was really cute! I think b/c I grew up in Missouri, and Tom Sawyer was a Missouri thing...we cling to anything even remotely exciting that is from our state :rotfl:

Spoiler, but we ride the boat on our next MK day. When it's freezing and raining.

Love that cute little Minnie! Hope you were able to get her!!!:lovestruc

Some of the best experiences that we've had at WDW, are the times when we've taken it the slowest.
Looks like y'all are enjoying yourselves!

I didn't get the Minnie :sad: I might end up ordering her from the shop parks app, though, because she's so darn cute!!

That's how we felt! We were happy to take things a little slower than usual. The slower pace also helps deal with the crowds, I think. We were able to dodge the worst of it for the most part, and then just go with the flow when we ended up with everyone else

All caught up! What a great start to your NYE trip, and how fabulous that you and your DH had this time together. My only complaint was that we weren't able to meet up :sad1: I'm sure it'll happen eventually though ;)

As someone who has now both done a solo trip AND the Star Wars dessert party, would you say it's doable solo? I booked it for my May trip with minor anxiety about doing it alone, but I really, really want to do it, so that's outweighing my fear of awkwardness :laughing:

I've also never done Tom Sawyer island... but maybe I need to rectify that! For those amazing views alone! ::yes::

That was my only complaint, too! Surely we will end up there at the same time again!! I'm desperately trying to figure out when I can get back!!

Yes! I definitely think you could do the Star Wars party solo. The way it is set up, I don't think you'd feel awkward at all. You just check in, get your lanyard, and then when it opens you walk in and just find your own table and everything. It's crowded so no one would be paying any kind of attention. It would be good people watching I think! If I end up solo again I'm going to do the dessert party at MK (whatever it will be called at that point, LOL!)

I think you should try Tom Sawyer's Island. It's going on the must do list for our next visit and I want to spend more time over there and see all of it.

Joining in, but I left off before you got to the MK and will have to go back to catch up!

I stayed at the Hyatt at MCO in 2016 and we are staying there again this April. I think it's a great choice if your flight gets in late. And the hotel was surprisingly quiet!

I love all your DHS pictures. I think they do a great job with their Christmas decorations. DH and I had a sneak peek since we just went, also on an adults only trip, this past October/November. We got to see Halloween and Christmas, which was pretty cool.

We were slightly disappointed with the SWDP also. Kind of ran into some rude people at the fireworks viewing area, as well. I don't think we'd do it again.

Can't wait to read more!

Hello!!

I was a little surprised by how quiet it was there, it was so much better than I was expecting.

I always thought I'd like to go during the transition from Halloween to Christmas! After going in October, I think the fall stuff is my favorite, but I love the Christmas stuff at DHS the most. If I could see both in one visit it would be great.

I don't think we'd do the Star Wars party again, either. I liked a lot of the food offerings more than some of the other parties we've been to, but I am a giant spoiled baby who hated not having a chair :rotfl: It honestly would have changed the whole experience for me. I always want to be surprised by rude people, but I'm desensitized now or something! One thing I AM still surprised by is what people are rude ABOUT. Some of it is so petty and weird!

I'm working through this TR a little slower than I want to, but hopefully I'll get more up soon!! I'm glad you're here hanging out with me!!

I wish we'd gotten one of the taller tables, but they were in kind of a weird place outside the main party area and they were all so close together. The small table made it awkward to eat b/c if you sat the plate on the table you had to kind of bend down to eat, and if you kept it in your hand there was no point to the table.

We had a really weird table like that in the bar in the Italy pavilion. Not sure why, because they weren't all like that, but I kept dropping things on my shoe because you had to bend down and then the seats were also kind of pushed out from the table (like ottoman type seats you couldn't move), so you had to move the fork a distance before getting it to your mouth :rotfl:

I didn't know there was a secret menu! Although I don't know if it would have been better :crazy2:

I've heard good things about the poutine and cinnamon bun burger on the secret menu!

Spoiler, but we ride the boat on our next MK day. When it's freezing and raining.

Oh no. I was thinking of riding the boat in May, only to find it's under refurb for our dates and won't be operating.

Love all the ASM pics, I've never been there but from all the pictures I've seen I think it's the cutest :goodvibes. Glad you got to Tom Sawyer Island! It's been a good 8-10 years since we've done it and the boys don't remember it, and every time we ride the Liberty Belle I saw we're going to go out there. I now it isn't going to "wow" them but I want to see it again.

Put a ride on the Liberty Belle on your list for your next trip! Again nothing that will "wow" you, but it's relaxing and the views are really nice. My boys don't ask to go on but don't ask to stay back when we do :)

We had a really weird table like that in the bar in the Italy pavilion. Not sure why, because they weren't all like that, but I kept dropping things on my shoe because you had to bend down and then the seats were also kind of pushed out from the table (like ottoman type seats you couldn't move), so you had to move the fork a distance before getting it to your mouth :rotfl:

I've heard good things about the poutine and cinnamon bun burger on the secret menu!

Oh no. I was thinking of riding the boat in May, only to find it's under refurb for our dates and won't be operating.

I always forget about the bar there!! Why do they even make tables that height, they're so awkward!

well now I wish I'd known about the poutine!

It was kind of fun to ride around on. Not the most thrilling, but the boat is so pretty and like the island, you get some really cool views.

Love all the ASM pics, I've never been there but from all the pictures I've seen I think it's the cutest :goodvibes. Glad you got to Tom Sawyer Island! It's been a good 8-10 years since we've done it and the boys don't remember it, and every time we ride the Liberty Belle I saw we're going to go out there. I now it isn't going to "wow" them but I want to see it again.

Put a ride on the Liberty Belle on your list for your next trip! Again nothing that will "wow" you, but it's relaxing and the views are really nice. My boys don't ask to go on but don't ask to stay back when we do :)

The outside areas are cute...the inside areas notsomuch. if we have to do value for any reason we're going to Pop. the room and food court at ASMo felt grimy.

Spoiler alert, but we do ride the Liberty Belle on the next MK day! During a cold, cold, rain :cold::sail:

Surely we will end up there at the same time again!! I'm desperately trying to figure out when I can get back!!
Yes! It'll happen for sure. Hmm... I hear that May 14-21 is a great week to go :rolleyes1

Yes! I definitely think you could do the Star Wars party solo. The way it is set up, I don't think you'd feel awkward at all. You just check in, get your lanyard, and then when it opens you walk in and just find your own table and everything. It's crowded so no one would be paying any kind of attention. It would be good people watching I think! If I end up solo again I'm going to do the dessert party at MK (whatever it will be called at that point, LOL!)
Thank you! YAY!!! This makes me feel so much better! I'd convinced myself I must do it anyway, but your reassurance is so appreciated :thumbsup2

I think you should try Tom Sawyer's Island. It's going on the must do list for our next visit and I want to spend more time over there and see all of it.
Adding it to my must-trys for May :thumbsup2

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Chapter Three Part Four

It was finally time for lunch, woohoo!!

I think I've mentioned this before, but when this trip first became a possibility, I made dining reservations for 12/30 and 12/31 in the parks we wanted to visit on those nights. I was well within 180 days when that happened, but I still got the lunch I wanted at Liberty Tree Tavern. I needed some Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!

Luckily the crowds had dispersed a little after exiting the Haunted Mansion

Much better than the scene we'd encountered on the way IN the Mansion. That was nuts!

I see you there in the distance, LTT, we're coming for you!!

The last time I'd eaten here it was a character meal, if that tells you anything! It's one of those places I tend to make reservations for and then cancel as plans evolve. But since it was New Year's Eve EVE, we pretty much had to keep it if we wanted a sit down meal.

We checked in and sat near the fireplace to wait. It was beautiful in there, and all decorated for the holidays.

I got really excited b/c they had a little hot cocoa stand set up in the lobby area, and I had to get some!

We had to wait quite awhile to be seated, but at least the view was nice

I am obsessed with this fireplace. I remember reading a book in elementary school about early settlers and the giant fireplaces in the keeping rooms - "big enough to stand up in" was a line that stood out to me, and it's probably my number one requirement in a dream house!!

We were finally seated (and I still had that little cup of cocoa because it was blazing hot and I had burned my tongue on it!) and our server came very quickly and took our drink and appetizer order. We'd decided on the crab, spinach, and artichoke dip for two:

I loved this! I didn't have any real expectation for it, but I always prepare myself for disappointment regarding hot spinach dips, they're so hit or miss most places. We were so torn on ordering this vs. the corn fritters with pepper jelly, so I was just glad the dip wasn't a let down.

For entrees we both ordered the Tavern Keeper's Favorite: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, and garden vegetables:

I was waffling between this and the Freedom Pasta...I wish I'd ordered the pasta. I don't know if it was because I'd burned my tongue or what, but the pot roast and mashed potatoes had such a weird flavor. It almost made me gag, kind of a sweet taste, but also kind of earthy...I don't know how to describe it, but it was not good. DH said his was fine, but I tasted it and it was just like mine :confused3 I don't know what was wrong, but it was not my favorite. A huge disappointment, because I love pot roast.

You already know what we had for dessert - it was ooey, it was gooey...

My only regret was wishing we'd split this between us instead of each ordering our own, because it was so sweet. Not enough that I didn't eat it all anyway, though :rotfl:

We finished our lunch fairly quickly, but had to wait and wait for our server to bring the check. Eventually we escaped and headed toward Frontierland for our next Fast Pass. It was a *little* crowded over there...

It was a sunny day, but it was chilly. The wait time for Splash was around 85-ish minutes I think, which was pretty low considering the crowds and wait times everywhere else...as we got closer we heard a few different people saying how everyone in line was crazy since it was cold, LOL. Were we crazy? Maybe, but no way I was missing it after having it closed in October!!

We breezed right on through the fast pass line and before we knew it we were in our log and floating toward the Laughing Place!

We made it!! And we didn't get soaked, thank goodness!! The last time we'd risked Splash when it was cooler out was when we were in Disneyland in 2016, and we got drenched. I was happy we didn't repeat that!

After Splash Mountain I had two more "Want to Do"s in Frontierland. First, and no one who knows me will be shocked by this:

I met all of them in October, it was life changing :rotfl:

When we got in and seated, I realized I'd never paid much attention to the little advertisements on the stage

The one that first caught my eye was The Dump, b/c it reminded me of the movie The Great Outdoors, and it made me laugh.

We clapped, we laughed, we sang along, and left wishing we could somehow install this in our house.

Before we headed toward our next destination, I wanted to stop in the Trading Post for some pins. I loooove Jerrod Maruyama's Kingdom of Cute series, and I wanted a mystery box of the pins. I wanted the Dole Whip and Space Mountain in particular.

So, what did I get??

Ahh!! Both in one box, can you believe it?? I was so excited!!

Riding high on the success of my blind box purchase, we exited Frontierland through the tunnel that connects to Adventureland, and started moving toward the castle.

More coming soon!! Have a great Monday!!

Last edited:
I have a little extra time, so why not get another post up??

Chapter Three Part Five

Like I'd mentioned, we were walking through Adventureland toward the castle. Our ultimate goal was Tomorrowland, and this way had fewer people than trying to shove our way through Fantasyland - you'll see some of that coming up!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143888229@N08/

The walk TO Tomorrowland might not have been as bad as going through Fantasyland, but it was just as crowded once we arrived.

We knew we'd be waiting for whatever we decided to do, so we jumped in line for the People Mover

Yes. This is the line for People Mover. They had an extended queue out that looped around, and a person with a sign marking the end of the line.

For the People Mover.

I'd seen the line extended in October, but it wasn't anything like this!

This poor guy looked so tired and sad...

What kind of news was he offering up anyway??

Ah. That'll do it. Stitch is out again!! Be on the lookout!

I think we waited about 20 minutes or so before we made it onto the People Mover. DH started to take my picture and then the car went around a turn and I started falling.

I'm a little sideways there! At least I didn't hit my head this time.

We'd been in the sun while waiting and had taken my jacket off, but was chilly again on the ride. I think I spent the next half hour playing on/off/on/off with the jacket!

Even with the chill in the air, it was an undeniably beautiful day

Unfortunately, it wasn't one of those days where they let you stay on the PM and keep going around and around, so we hopped off and tried to figure out how else to spend our time. First we considered Monsters Inc

but the line was wrapped all around the building in front of the famous Purple Wall and then some. Pass.

How about the Carousel of Progress??

Still a line, but it was loading up, so we ran up there and managed to make it on with the current group.

Another thing I never get tired of!

Someone's getting a Mickey for Christmas:

Do you see him peeking out from under the tree?

Afterward I had to get a quick photo op:

(I still can't believe I got the two I wanted most in one package!)

It was time to move on from Tomorrowland, there was nothing we could do without waiting an astronomically long time. Our next fast pass was about an hour or so away, but we decided to make our way over to Fantasyland anyway, and see what we could find along the way.

We found an extended queue for the Teacups (blurry with the sun flare, but you can see the CM holding the little sign)

a wall of people in Storybook Circus

and my personal favorite, a 90 minute wait to go Under the Sea

I cannot think of a scenario in which I would wait 90 minutes to ride that.

Oddly enough, even with all those people, we didn't have to wait long for photopass photographers on the bridge

It seemed like photopass lines were all we were going to manage at the moment, and they had a special one set up that I'd never seen before in front of Cinderella's carriage.

There was a little bit of wait, but it allowed me to survey the crowds

Crazy.

But at least I got that picture!

Let's go chill out in Philharmagic for awhile and regroup!

That's it for today!! I'll try to keep things rolling tomorrow.

I am obsessed with this fireplace. I remember reading a book in elementary school about early settlers and the giant fireplaces in the keeping rooms - "big enough to stand up in" was a line that stood out to me, and it's probably my number one requirement in a dream house!!
Oh, agreed! I always imagined one with benches built into the side that would allow you to almost sit inside the fireplace (though that seems a bit silly now)

Before we headed toward our next destination, I wanted to stop in the Trading Post for some pins. I loooove Jerrod Maruyama's Kingdom of Cute series, and I wanted a mystery box of the pins. I wanted the Dole Whip and Space Mountain in particular.

So, what did I get??

Ahh!! Both in one box, can you believe it?? I was so excited!!
Woohoo! I was so excited when I got my box and Dole Whip was also my first one! I've almost collected them all; via trading at DCA I am just missing the gargoyle and sword in stone (though I've had them in the past, just traded away for other ones before I decided to collect the whole series!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter