No More Fall Fantasy Fares?

angel dog

Earning My Ears
Yesterday I called DCL for a cruise next Dec. I was asking about Fall Fantasy; the CM told me they will NOT be having Fall Fantasy any longer. They are now just across the board lowering the fares. I was a little surprised. Maybe she was giving out incorrect info. Just thought I would pass it along.

I called, and the CM was right. DCL is doing away with "promotions" in general, and offering deeper early booking discounts. The CM read to me something she was given that says this will allow people to avoid repeatedly calling for promotions, and reward those who really book early.

She said that the rates on some of the fall dates now are cheaper than they would have been under a promotion. Seven night cruises start at $699 (don't quote me on that rate, I couldn't understand if she said $599 or $699, and was in a hurry! :)

If they are lowering fares and offering better early booking rates then it sounds good to me.

1 Disney Lovin' Mom
Memphis, TN

Alright that changes our future game plan a little. We were going to wait and book while on our Feb cruise for a week which should fall into typical fall fantasy rates.

Does anyone think they will still offer SOME incentive to book while on board or should I bite the bullet now and make a reservation for the fall?

Adria

I guess it hasn't gone into effect yet. I just checked the rate for Next January, compared to an upcoming cruise and it's almost twice as much. Literally!

I would be very surprised if DCL eliminated Fall Fantasy altogether. Typically those discounts are announced during the first quarter of the year. We'll have to see!

I really do not KNOW if this is a good price or not, it sounded about right though. I was quoted 3 day 12-5-02 with transfers and ins. cat. 10 for 2 in the amount of $1107. If I wanted to add the Dolphin for 2 nights it will be $1361. That is with the additional transfer. Does not sound too bad for a 5 night trip

angel dog,
That sounds like a pretty good price to me.

I don't know if they will offer FF, but I know for sure the price hasn't dropped accross the board. I just checked for the week I am booked for in November. The trip would be about $1000 to book it now than when I booked it. I hope they offer the special, but if not, I'm sure glad I booked before these new "lower" fares came out!

I just called Disney to get a feel for what an apples to apples comp would be for the cruise we are currently booked on for Feb.
I couldn't believe how high it was!!!

Same cabin/same time/same people.... $1,300 higher

I hope they either restructure their rates or come up with deeper EBD or we will be priced out of a return trip for a while!! BUMMER

I hope DCL rethinks this. I'd be willing to bet there will be mass cancellations for next fall if they no longer the Fall Fantasy rates. People will just sail other cruise lines.

DCL better watch out......they may be sailing far less than full ships.

Everyone seems to have a different story, but we got a pleasant surprise! We did EB 15 mos ago for our Dec 2002 cruise and after reading on this board today called Disney and got quoted $100 less per person for same Cat 9/same # people/ same week! Cha Ching...you'll hear no complaints here! This was for 9 adults, our kids price remained same. Rep. said instead of FF they've deeply discounted EB, however they may still offer some promos :smooth:

Just wondering was this $100 per adult discount reflected on the DCL quote system on their website for your dates? I just checked the time I'm going in October and the price is still the same as before. I'm wondering if we have to call DCL directly to get a better price. I would love an across the boards discount if the FF promo is no more. I've been checking the DCL website periodically to see if my price has dropped but so far it's gone up a few hundred since I booked in June.

Patty

:earsgirl:

Interesting. 4nana's price went down $100 per person for fall, mine was up $250 per person for fall and I also booked way in advance(19 months) I wonder if they have "picked" the weeks that were routinely discounted by fall fantasy and reduced those fares. Maybe mine wouldn't have been eligible for the promotion anyway.

I did compare the quote I was given, which was $1107 for cat. 10 with transfers and insurance for 2; it was $60 less than the Sunshine getaway prices. So I think possibly in my case on the 12-5 sailing I was given a discounted price.

Wishing you all a little pixie dust..
bet Disney is going crazy with all these calls!

my3kids..
I'm guessing this new decrease must apply to the FF dates as we are sailing Dec 14-21 which I think was the last week included in FF.

999ghsts ~ pallamb
Just checked the Dis resv. quote site and it gave me the old price before my new discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter