No More Spectromagic?

Spectromagic is the best parade EVER!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: It Rocks!! If you go to WDW, do not miss this wonderful parade.

King Triton

Yesterday I spoke with a prominent MK parade manager and he told me some of the best news I've heard lately. Spectro is NOT being cancelled. The execs gave it some serious thought, but it's not going anywhere.

Thank you for the good news!! Looking forward to seeing Spectro during Thanksgiving week. Saw it the first week in June and took some great pics and want some more to put in my picture album.:)

That would be great news.

I hadn't told the family about the rumor that it might be cancelled. This is our one can't miss parade and knew they would be bummed. Two weeks ago it was scheduled to run twice during the week we're there. I will be thankful if we get at least one showing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

mktiggerman, I'm not doubting what you were told for one second. I'm also not doubting that the manager was relaying info that he/she thought to be true. And, I know that keeping Spectro going is clearly the right (and smart) thing to do. But, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. I'll continue to hold out hope that Spectro continues to run, but I've heard too many reports of otherwise. I, too, am hoping that your information proves to be true. Thanks very much for the report.

I'll make Disney a deal. Keep Spectro and Fantasmic (more that one night a week) and I stop complaining about losing EE ( or my EE Cindy's Breakfast ressies). I'll just joyfully go to Disney and give them all my money. But pleasee let there be at least one Spectro a week.

time for another update. I just checked my schedule, and it says I'm doing spectro one day next week (can't say which one), so it hasn't left and. I also got an internal CC:Mail from a WDE Exec and in it it says that Spectro is "NOT affected by the budget cuts"

According to the WDW website, Spectromagic is still scheduled through November 3rd (Saturday only, but 7 and 9 p.m. parades). No park hours are listed after that., however.

I don't mean to call anyone's information in to question. I'll simply pass on what I observed and hopefully we can put all this information together in a meaningful way. I left MK this morning (Monday). Before coming home I picked up the guidemap for this week. There is NO Spectromagic listed, not even on Saturday. I forget the time MK closes on Saturday, but I remember thinking, how early it was (definitely earlier than would allow a 9:00 parade) I'm confused. I had a wonderful time this weekend, despite any and all cuts, but losing Spectromagic would be a definite blow. (I saw it both times on Saturday night - just in case it goes away!)

FWIW, the website still lists 2 Spectros for Saturday night. MKTiggerman has indicated in another thread that he is scheduled to work Spectro that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter