No more virtual option?

CisforCookie991

Mouseketeer
I’m behind because I “retired” from the races for a while. Did runDisney stop offering a virtual option for the in-person races? I only see last year’s Christmas run, the Springtime Surprise, and the summer virtual series. Also entirely possible that the other races are right there and I’m just not seeing them. Thanks!

Yes, sadly. No more virtual versions of in-person runs. Just the virtual series for summer and Christmas.

No, you’re not missing it. They’ve stopped offering a virtual option for the in-person weekends starting with the 2024/2025 season.

Yes they phased them out for the 24-25 season which sucks as they would of had my $ for the DL Halloween Half & my friends for the W&D 5k

I don’t have any insider information but it just seemed like they had a lot of trouble managing this and the addition of DL races didn’t help. Basically between the holiday virtuals, Marathon Weekend, and DL Half Weekend, they had a months worth of shipments and someone here mentioned that their holiday medals might not arrive until March, which isn’t ideal for something holiday-themed. Never really got the sense that shipments were consistently timely otherwise. And now they’re giving up on virtuals for in-person events altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter