No PhotoPass ride photos?

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else not seeing any ride photos in their PhotoPass photos? I've been to WDW twice since it reopened and haven't received a single ride photo, not even from ones I physically tapped my MB to get (Buzz, Splash, EE.) I was solo and wearing a mask, so it's not a mask issue, and I'm talking some August visits, so it's been plenty of time for them to load. Any ideas?

Is anyone else not seeing any ride photos in their PhotoPass photos? I've been to WDW twice since it reopened and haven't received a single ride photo, not even from ones I physically tapped my MB to get (Buzz, Splash, EE.) I was solo and wearing a mask, so it's not a mask issue, and I'm talking some August visits, so it's been plenty of time for them to load. Any ideas?
I know it's been a bit, but I got most (maybe all) of mine in August.

We got ours (August trip). There was a good photo of my 7yo DD on her first ride on Space Mountain, but we did not purchase it - does anyone buy those? I guess they must or Disney wouldn't bother taking them. We usually only buy a couple of group shots to use in Christmas cards.

I think if people aren't wearing their masks in the photo, the photo won't show up. On some of the coasters the masks slip.

They are being screened. Takes about 24 hours to show up, unless someone in your photo isn’t properly wearing a mask.

We had a group in the front of our Potc boat and two of the men had their masks below their noses. My family in the 2nd last row wearing masks properly. No photo ever showed up. I wasn’t surprised. But if I was on vacation, I’d have been frustrated about no photo. Too bad they can’t edit out those who aren’t compliant.

I went in September and got photos from 7Dwarfs, Pirates of The Caribbean, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. I did NOT get the photo from Thunder Mountain or Haunted Mansion which I was bummed about since it was my daughter’s first time riding all 3 mountains on the same day after meeting height requirements.

Okay, it must be something wrong with my... MB? Account? IDK, but unique to me! I don't have ANY ride photos from 6 days. It's only me, so no others in most vehicles who might not have masks, my mask never slips. I honestly would not care at all, but I've got "free" PP with my AP, so I want my "free" photos lol! I'll give a call later. Thanks all!

Maybe use technology to blur any unmasked faces so those that are compliant aren't "collateral damage"? We bought the Photo Pass package back when our now upcoming trip was a spring break trip, but we are not going over Thanksgiving. I am going to be quite pissed if we are missing a bunch of ride photos.

Okay, it must be something wrong with my... MB? Account? IDK, but unique to me! I don't have ANY ride photos from 6 days. It's only me, so no others in most vehicles who might not have masks, my mask never slips. I honestly would not care at all, but I've got "free" PP with my AP, so I want my "free" photos lol! I'll give a call later. Thanks all!

Is your Magic Band really old? Supposedly when the battery dies you can still use it to enter the park and open the door to your room, but it won't work for ride photos.

Is your Magic Band really old? Supposedly when the battery dies you can still use it to enter the park and open the door to your room, but it won't work for ride photos.
This would be my thought as well. I went in August and September and there were photos.
I went last Monday and forgot my MB, so I used my card. No photos showed up in MDE, but I do remember seeing the photo for SM when I got off the ride on the screen.

It's only a year old and I've had ones still working for PP at 4 years old, but it's possible, I suppose. Though some of the ride photos weren't passive - I tapped and still never got them. I've got a new one coming soon, though, so we'll see if it has any effect!

We purchased MM for our March 2020 trip...Hopefully we will be able to use it for our March 2021 trip.

I was there Oct 12-17 and some of ours showed up quickly and others took a little longer. When I got home, I had to call them 3 times as I realized at various times that ride photos were missing. The last CM was extremely helpful and went through all my photos to make sure we had all our ride photos. I'm so glad he did because I didn't even know that they took our photo on Frozen but he found it! One of the other CMs said they are now editing other families out of your photo if they were not mask compliant and your party was. So be sure to ask them to edit it if they find it and there is someone in another group not wearing their mask.

ETA: they found all of our missing ride photos!

It's only a year old and I've had ones still working for PP at 4 years old, but it's possible, I suppose. Though some of the ride photos weren't passive - I tapped and still never got them. I've got a new one coming soon, though, so we'll see if it has any effect!

Maybe someone will post it. There's a way to contact them and tell them what photos you are missing. I think it's an email. It might be on the photopass page somewhere. If you know the attraction and time, they may be able to find it. I had a group photo on Main St found this way.

I’ve also had the same issues with ride photos from the last 3 trips now for Splash, Mansion, and Tower. This was never a problem on pre-COVID trips. I went to the Photopass site and reported the missing photos, so we’ll see if there’s any luck retrieving them!

Here now, since the 1st.
Only ride photo that has shown is Dinosaur (2 times)
No Pirates.....2 times
No HM 4 times

I know that if others take mask off you don’t get the ride pic but that doesn’t explain why I haven’t gotten Haunted Mansion pics for 3 trips now. It’s not just the masks that are to blame for this recent problem.

I read Disney recently started photoshopping masks on people that remove them in their photos. I hope they continue doing this. People shouldn’t lose their pictures just because others can’t follow rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter