No Princess Challenge for me. :)

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
Well no Princess challenge for me. I have been dealing with an injury and the half might have been a tough one.

The reason for my smile is the consolation prize is one of my fav performers is in Tampa that weekend and since I am going to be at Disney anyways why not a quick trip to Tampa for the concert instead.

so kinda sad but happy to see Billy Joel!!!

You guys will all do great!

Kim

Well no Princess challenge for me. I have been dealing with an injury and the half might have been a tough one.

The reason for my smile is the consolation prize is one of my fav performers is in Tampa that weekend and since I am going to be at Disney anyways why not a quick trip to Tampa for the concert instead.

Kim
Spotify keeps sending me notices about his concert, and I'm like, yes, I know, but I need to get up at 2 am the next day! :P

Have a great time! My husband and I have been to so many of his shows in the past decade and he's always great. Last saw him in 2022 at Camping World Stadium.

I know that’s why I told hubby it was one or the other. I’m sad about missing the race but this was the only way I could see him this year.

At least I will get my shirts. 😂

Kim

Kim
Where in Tampa? Just want to plan for traffic that weekend as I’m running Gasparilla

Yikes! It is at Raymond James. Is that on the race route?
The race is down bayshore for the races and Davis Island in addition for the half I was just thinking about if I were doing anything in the afternoon/evening between what traffic would look like… this may be another pro for shelling out extra to stay downtown vs the hotel we normally stay at off Lois

Kim
Concert, drive back, quick nap, and you’re golden. Think of the epic tale you’d have to tell.

The race is down bayshore for the races and Davis Island in addition for the half I was just thinking about if I were doing anything in the afternoon/evening between what traffic would look like… this may be another pro for shelling out extra to stay downtown vs the hotel we normally stay at off Lois

Gasparilla is one of my favorite races and the course is great. I lived in the area for a few years and the part of Tampa it runs through is my favorite hands down. Lois is close to the stadium and while I'm not sure the timing of the concert and racing is a problem I would stay downtown so I could just walk to the race and treat it as a warmup. There is a Coutyard on East Cass St. that usually has good rates but the Aloft on West Kennedy is my go to for Tampa.

I’m not familiar with Tampa is Bayshore close to Raymond James?

No, the races is just west of downtown while Raymond James is near the airport. If you are driving over from Disney is it right off the highway. I would give yourself plenty of time. It has been a while since I lived there, and they are always adding lanes to roads, but when I was down there the trip up to the stadium was slow. If you want to get there a little early and stop for a meal check out International Plaza. It is right around the corner.

Awesome. Thank you so much

No I’m to old and like my sleep too much. 😂. I will go pickup my shirts at least I will come away with something. Might do just the 10k not sure.

Concert, drive back, quick nap, and you’re golden. Think of the epic tale you’d have to tell.
Double posting but springtime surprise was the same weekend Eras Tour was at RayJay and there were a people who did

Expo-Thu show-5k-Fri show-10k-Sat show-10M

@GreatLakes it will be my 10th year running normally we stay off Lois & drive this year we also have Embassy booked and are weighing pros and cons of the major price discrepancies lol

Do you think the race closers will effect getting to the concert. Concert begins at 7pm and we will be coming from Disney. Thank you

Kim
DW and I saw Joel last year. That was the first time I've seen him in person since the Uptown Girl tour. Lionel Ritchie opened and was himself a total treat, and then Joel came out and wowed us some more.

Thank you! He has always been a bucket list performer for me. He has Sting with him…..meh…. But I can’t wait to see The Piano man. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter