No Tee Times For 9/30???? UPDATED 8/25/05

msmouse

<font color=darkorchid>ok, don't know that I can b
What could possibly be going on at all 5 of the golf courses that would make 9/30 tee times unavailable to the public. We are coming into Orlando that day, so thought we would use first day to golf. Website did not have 9/30 listed. It had 9/29 and 10/1, but no 9/30. We called several times to talk to different CM, but no one could tell us why ALL FIVE golf courses showed no availability for 9/30. Any guesses?

Woo Hoo. For some reason tee times have opened up on all courses except Magnolia.

I now have 2 o'Clock tee time for 2 golfers at Osprey Ridge. The boys will be happy!

I can't remember the name of the tournament, but if I recall, that is the weekend of a major PGA tournament that is held at WDW.

I don't know the answer to your question, but the PGA Tour even is held Oct 20-Oct 23. So, the PGA Tour event isn't the reason it's closed. That's wierd that all 5 aren't excepting tee-times.

Simba said:
I don't know the answer to your question, but the PGA Tour even is held Oct 20-Oct 23. So, the PGA Tour event isn't the reason it's closed. That's wierd that all 5 aren't excepting tee-times.

yes, that is weird. The Funai (sp?) is later in October and played at Magnolia and Palms. I find it hard to believe all five courses are unavailable for that day, but that is what I am being told over and over again.

Where did this thread get moved to?????

I called three different times, got three different CM and each seemed as puzzled as I was. After long conversations with each, the conclusion was there were "special events" occupying all 5 courses. they could not tell me what the events were, but that is what I got from all three.

Maybe there are some conventions going on at the time and the companies have the courses booked up for their employees who knows.

msmouse said:
I called three different times, got three different CM and each seemed as puzzled as I was. After long conversations with each, the conclusion was there were "special events" occupying all 5 courses. they could not tell me what the events were, but that is what I got from all three.

That is so bizarre!! Did you call the courses directly, not that you will get a tee time, but it must be something big if all are booked?

Just a guess, but I bet at least this one is closed until after the PGA is over. I can't imagine they would spruce it up for the PGA and then let the public on it for a month....and they would probably close the Palms also to prepare it.

"The Magnolia Golf Course is closed now until September 10, 2005. Work on the course will include resurfacing greens, laser-leveling tees, extending tee boxes and building new tee boxes, all in preparation of the FUNAI Classic to be held in October."

Is it possible that some of the courses are closed for refurbishment before the big tournament?

Courses are usually closed about 2 weeks to public before a PGA event. Sometimes longer depending on the course conditions so that's could be it.

ClarabelleCow said:
That is so bizarre!! Did you call the courses directly, not that you will get a tee time, but it must be something big if all are booked?

I did not call the courses directly. We asked the CM to give us the number to one of the pro shops to get some more information. They would not give us the number.

The Funai is played at magnolia and palm I believe. That leaves 3 courses. I mean, they said they had nothing, not even after 4 oclock in the afternoons.

Even the online site does not list Sept 30 as an option. It jumps from 9/29 to 10/1. Oh well.

Perhaps this is the last day of the "all you can play" summer memberships that they offered to FL residents??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter