Non-stick pans.... why not?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
Just curious, does anyone know why there are no non-stick frying pans in the units? When we went to use the pan last week, we had to really scrub it first as the last user left it with food burnt into it.
Is there a reason or is that just how it is?
Thanks!

I'm guessing it has to do with the wear & tear on the non-stick surface and the possibility of it flaking off. Also, the dark colors might make it hard to tell if the pan were clean or not. I agree that the pans are a real pain to clean and have been known to stick a smaller size non-stick frying pan in my suitcase (as several other DVC'ers have confessed to doing as well). I think that if you had a pan that was as you described when you check-in, you could ask housekeeping to bring you a new one.

In order for a non-stick pan to last at all it must be cared for properly...and as nice as DVC members are, I wouldn't count on everyone to know how to treat a non-stick pan. I think the coating would get damaged pretty quickly in the kind of use situations the DVC pans probably see. And then they'd have to be replacing them all the time....anyone care to add a non-stick pan portion to our dues?

Personally I find regular pans clean up much nicer than non-stick, and work better too. It takes a bit more effort to get the stuff off, but at least I can use force when necessary without ruining the pan.:D

"To bring, or not to bring... that is the question." Sorry, it's getting late and I'm punchy. Couldn't resist. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter