• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not a tip, but a question

dvc_bwv

Pooh Collector - BWV & VWL Member
I've posted on the Community Board and got no response so I'm going to try here.

How do you get online while you are at WDW? :confused:

We have a Verizon DSL connection at home and we always take the laptop with us, but I don't know what to do to access the Internet while we are there.

Any help is greatly appreciated from anyone who has "connected" while at WDW. :confused:

DH unplugs the cord that goes into the telephone and plugs it into laptop jack. Then dials up the local access number for our internet service via his modem. I'm not that tech savvy so I hope it makes sense!

Good Luck!

We have DSL as well. For our trip, I bought a Sprint Prepaid Internet CD/Card from 7-11. It cost $10 and is good for about 8 hours worth of dial-up. As long as you have a regular modem in you laptop, this should work for you.

My husband said we would bring our AT&T phone card that we got at Sam's (for 3.4 cents a minute) and call our local ISP number.

You might want to check this out but I am pretty sure that WDW charges you for using the phone, I am not sure if it is a per min. charge or a per use charge.

Last year it was .75 cents just to connect as long as you used a local number. We use AOL so we only paid the .75 every time we dialed up. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter