Not a trip report, but...

Dr.Dan

Earning My Ears
A few highlights from our trip the second week of October:

Unseasonably HOT! Above 90 degrees every day.

We enjoyed the boat rides to and from MK, CR, and WL that we would take them in the evenings, even when we were not going into the parks.

We were rewarded on two occasions with great wildlife viewing. One evening, around dusk, there were literally hundreds of birds of several species roosting on Discovery Island. It was quite a site!

One morning we spotted a bald eagle perched high in the dead tree on the end of Discovery Island closest to the Fort marina.

Also, for future reference, my wife has a neurological disorder that makes it difficult for her to negotiate stairs or board some of the moving attractions. Our first day at MK I went to guest relations and explained the situation. I wasn't sure if they could do anything or not. She's not in a wheelchair, but has some mobility issues. Well, they issued us a "guest assistance card" and told us to show the card as we approached each attraction. To our surprise, we were taken to either the fast pass line or to the handicapped entrance. It made boarding much less stressful. The card was good at any park for the duration of our stay. So, if you have an issue like this, check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter