Not able to send a private message?

allykat44

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm new here and am trying to be able to private message someone about Disney Vacation Club points. I've made 10 posts, but I still can't sent a private message. Do I need to do something else?

Just to answer - the time lag between when you've reached the 10 post milestone and the options being available to you can be anywhere from 30-60 minutes.

Hello :wave2: Somehow I am not able to write PMs anymore...nor can others start a conversation with me. Does anyone know what could have caused the problem? And yes, I have well over 10 posts ;)

Thanks in advance :)

@bavarian princess Did your settings somehow get changed? If it gets set to "Nobody" or "People you follow" that will impact who can PM (start a conversation) with you.

Thanks for the fast reply :) I already checked the settings and it says "Members only". I have no idea what could have caused the problem :(

Edit: When I try to start a conversation I can only click on "preview" as "start conversation" is greyed out. And when I click on "preview" it says "oops we run into some problems - you may not start a conversation with yxz"

Thanks for the fast reply :) I already checked the settings and it says "Members only". I have no idea what could have caused the problem :(

Edit: When I try to start a conversation I can only click on "preview" as "start conversation" is greyed out. And when I click on "preview" it says "oops we run into some problems - you may not start a conversation with yxz"
Possibly yxz doesn't have conversation option available.

So let me get this straight, I have to post more than 10 times, limited to one per 30 minutes, to be able to PM/conversation with someone if I want to rent their DVC points?
Why?

So let me get this straight, I have to post more than 10 times, limited to one per 30 minutes, to be able to PM/conversation with someone if I want to rent their DVC points?
Why?
The time limit is part of the spambot protections. To ensure you're not a spambot posting junk messages. Not every post or poster gets hit with the "must wait XX minutes" thing, and sometimes it can be an hour.

Yes, you need 10 posts to have a conversation with others. Again, part of the spambot protections.

Also, be aware that you have to be registered here on DISboards for a minimum of 24 hours in addition to the 10 post minimum for conversing with others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!