not reading a lot of complaining - parks can't be that bad right now?

We are going at the end of February and at first we were disappointed to hear about all the construction and closures, on top of shorter hours (only open until 8pm when we go) but the more we talked about it the more we realized there were still more positives than negatives:

1) We are going to be celebrating both our birthdays and a belated Valentines Day
2) Because of the Canadian discount we get to spend 3 days instead of 2 at the parks for even less money
3) Really there are only two rides we care about that are being refurbished
4) We are going to be using max pass for the first time, so more rides!
5) We will be able to finally ride guardians of the galaxy. Tower of Terror was my absolute favourite ride and I hear this one might even be better
6) After a very very stressful month workwise for both of us, this will be the break we need

But to be fair if we were going in blind without Dis and weren't aware of all these changes like some families we would have been a little shell shocked once we arrived and it might have put a damper on the trip

I agree that it is great to know ahead of time and the Canadian ticket deal is amazing - we save $500 on our 5 day park hoppers for our family.

Just to point out though - the open until 8 issue - that is normal for this time of year and has nothing to do with any refurbishments going on at the park.

I confess to being concerned/disappointed by the main street, hub and fantasyland walls during our trip in a couple of weeks. It will be our daughters' first trip, and I was dreaming about that "turn the corner, see the castle, view down main street, picture with Walt's statue" first-trip stuff. The girls will not know the difference, but I am bummed. I'm also concerned about the state of Fantasyland. I watched some recent videos on YouTube of construction updates, and the walls around Dumbo and Storybook appear to take up almost all of FL. It looks extremely cramped and not very magical. I'm hoping that is only the perspective shown in the video and that it will feel different when we get there.

I'm also concerned about the state of Fantasyland. I watched some recent videos on YouTube of construction updates, and the walls around Dumbo and Storybook appear to take up almost all of FL. It looks extremely cramped and not very magical. I'm hoping that is only the perspective shown in the video and that it will feel different when we get there.

Fantasyland IS very cramped with the walls up, however, I believe Storybook Land Canal Boats are back up and running as of last Thursday, so that helps!

With all the closures and walls up, we've been setting expectations pretty low for our upcoming trip - we all still want to go and know we will have a good time but just to make sure we are not deflated when we walk in that first day down Wall Street.

I had said to my family - if it's really bad there, I'll hear about it on the Disboards because people post a lot of information about the park and share their experiences both good and bad.

I have read that it's more crowded, naturally and yes, it's not great, but certainly not as much upset as I had expected to hear which is great. I am hoping that people are still having a great time.

Our first visit to DLR was in early 2012 when DCA was all walled up and we still had a blast!

Anyone else have a trip coming up very soon and are still excited no matter what??

I was a little like you - low expectations. We were there for 2 weeks and just got back last week, The walls are a small shock when you walk in but they sort of fit in if you know what i mean.
In no way did the walls take away any of the magic.... We had the best time .......So dont worry you will still have a great time... :banana:

We are going at the end of February and at first we were disappointed to hear about all the construction and closures../

I'm having a cup of tea at the main hub right now. I'm told that the walls around it come down tonight, so at least you'll have that when you come. Having it walled-up for the past several weeks has detracted from the overall experience for me. I'll be happy to finally have them gone -- then the view will be completely unobstructed.

Hope you have a great time during your visit here! I love the park!!

I'm having a cup of tea at the main hub right now. I'm told that the walls around it come down tonight, so at least you'll have that when you come. Having it walled-up for the past several weeks has detracted from the overall experience for me. I'll be happy to finally have them gone -- then the view will be completely unobstructed.

WOW!!!! Really??? That is so exciting!

Good NEWS!!!
animated-smileys-jumping-011.gif

Which wall is coming down? We are here too and walked by Storybook and there is still scaffolding and no water in the canal.

Which wall is coming down? We are here too and walked by Storybook and there is still scaffolding and no water in the canal.

I was told this morning that the wall at the main hub was coming down tonight. We'll see if that actually happens. Hoping it does.

Awesome News !!!!!
Thank you!

There are a lot of walls!

However, as much as the walls were so ugly on Main Street, it seemed less crowded there. With no parades and no view of the castle, no one stopped and just kept moving!

I really did not expect anything to change between now and out first park day so even having the hub open would be wonderful.

Just saw on SnapChat that the walls are down around the hub, that would be a nice surprise for people entering the park today!

We were there (DLR and DCA) for 4 days a couple weeks ago (Tue-Fri; Feb 6-9) and we had a blast. We've been 4 times in the past 6 years (September 2012, April 2015, September 2016, February 2018) and I would say this latest visit was the best. The crowds seemed to be so much better than our other trips, the weather was great and we really didn't notice much of the closures. Coming during this time of the year we had expected some things to be down and we were ok with that in exchange for the low crowds. February is my new favorite time to visit. I had kept up with the park renovations and closures on here and on other sites so I knew what to expect ahead of time. The walls being up on Main Street and Paradise Pier under construction may have been more disappointing if I hadn't been prepared ahead of time though.

Anyone in the parks this weekend have an update on the walls? We leave in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!