Not So Scary Party - should I be annoyed?

NickD84

Earning My Ears
Hello there, first time posting on here.

Normally I’m not one to make much of a fuss, but the more I thought about this, the more it concerned me.

Two weeks ago I booked a a 3 day/2 night stay at Disney Paris with my wife and two sons from October 22nd. All great. Everyone excited.

However, today I’ve seen that Disney has arranged for Not So Scary Halloween parties on both of our main nights at Disney (22nd & 23rd).

This means that when I booked and paid, we had Magic Kingdom available to us till closing (about 9pm at that time of year). Now though, we have to leave the park at 6pm on both nights unless I pay another £270 for EACH night for the privilege to stay longer for the Halloween party.

To me, this doesn’t seem quite right. Is this just the Disney way and I’m being overly fussy? Or am I justified in being a bit annoyed at this? Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks for any replies.

Nick

Just goes to show that you need to check out all the Disney planned events before you book - sometimes it is annoying if you book before they announce any dates but that is just a fact of life. Not sure if Disney would do anything about helping you in some way but always worth a call to them to see.

How annoying... would moving your dates be an option? If so give them a call.

I could give them a call, I booked my flights through them too so those would have to be changed as well.

I’d probably take party tickets for one of the nights as a consolation, but I doubt they’d offer that :p

It’s super annoying. They want people to plan in advance but then they change things around whenever they want.

slight bonus: in my experience the parks are less crowded on those days because people avoid them for exactly this reason.

well you can move over to Studios in the evening, assuming it is not closing at 6 itself. It is one of those things. Personally I’d love to go to a DLP Halloween event. Are they calling them Not So Scary this year?

well you can move over to Studios in the evening, assuming it is not closing at 6 itself. It is one of those things. Personally I’d love to go to a DLP Halloween event. Are they calling them Not So Scary this year?

Yes that’s what they are calling them, and theres quite a few of them...

August: 13th, 18th, 21st, 25th and 28th
September: 1st, 4th, 7th, 11th, 13th,15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 25th, 27th and 29th
October: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th,13th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th and 31st
November: 1st

Yes Studios will still be open in the evening, it’s just that last time I went I found one full morning was more than enough time to spend in that park, rather than two evenings.

I guess I just feel that they’ve taken away some hours that I had when I booked, and are now charging me extra to get them back

Yes that’s what they are calling them, and theres quite a few of them...

August: 13th, 18th, 21st, 25th and 28th
September: 1st, 4th, 7th, 11th, 13th,15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 25th, 27th and 29th
October: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th,13th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th and 31st
November: 1st

Yes Studios will still be open in the evening, it’s just that last time I went I found one full morning was more than enough time to spend in that park, rather than two evenings.

I guess I just feel that they’ve taken away some hours that I had when I booked, and are now charging me extra to get them back
These are for Magic kingdom in Walt Disney World not Paris.

These don't look like DLP party dates. I think you'll be fine, unless they make huge changes to the schedule next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts