Not sure how to phrase this but....

sharona77

Earning My Ears
does anyone know how to find out when WDW has certain days promoted to special groups of people (such as Gay/Lesbian day, Twins or Triplets day, etc)? I would like to know ahead of time what we might we expect so I can be prepared, especially if it is something that differs from our experience or beliefs. I don't want to sound biased, I just want to be able to decide how and when I want to explain things to my child without being surprised on our trip. I hope this came out right...

I'm not offended by your question, and I'm not sure where to get the info other than to call central res or surf the web. I've never run into any special days. At the risk of being bold and irritating some people, if I did run into certain "theme" days I would leave the parks after speaking to a manager about why we were leaving early. If that's not politically correct, I don't care.

I think Gay weekend is the first in June, but I'm not sure...

Disney doesn't have any list because they are not the ones planning/promoting any of the special days that you mentioned. "Gay Days" are usually in June.
At the risk of being bold and irritating some people, if I did run into certain "theme" days I would leave the parks after speaking to a manager about why we were leaving early. If that's not politically correct, I don't care.
Since WDW has nothing to do with promoting or planning the "theme" days that were mentioned, complaining to the manager wouldn't do any good. As long as paying guest are following the rules of the park, they have a right to be there. If you do a search on this board, you should be able to find threads about "Gay Days" from last year. The groups planning it usually have designated a particular park on a particular day. Many people try to avoid that park (mostly because it will be crowded).

Here is a website that has a complete schedule of activities that week--www.gayday.com

Commenting to the manager would do good in that I would feel better. Just as a coincidence I stumbled on something about Gay Days last night while I was looking for restaurant info, and it said that Disney had to gear up for it just like Spring Break. There were some things that got out-of-hand. It didn't get specific, and I tried to find it to C&P but can't this moment. If I do find it, I'll post it. As Disney doesn't promote it, it's understandable that people would show up and get an unhappy shock. There are things you might expect to see at Key West that you don't expect to see at WDW. We are planning a trip in June without the kids, and it hadn't occured to me until I read this thread. I think it's obvious I won't be planning my trip to correspond with Gay Days. I also won't be showing up to picket it. It doesn't correspond with my values, but everyone has the right to choose for themselves.

Check the Orlando Convention and Visitors Bureau, as well as the Kissimmee/St. Cloud Visitors Bureau. Disney will not confirm any group type uses of the parks( private parties, etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter