Not sure if I’m at the right place, but a scam like advertisement keeps popping up

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
Hey Folks
Over the week, while on Disboards, a so called McAfee Siteadviser keeps popping up on my screen, usually while I’m on the DVC resorts forum. It blanks out my DIS screen then I have to restart computer to wipe it out. I don’t have this issue on any other websites, so just giving a heads up in case others are experiencing this too
Below is a screenshot of what the pop up looks like

Attachments

• 4614A193-F49A-4600-8C95-3C2D432A7269.jpeg
    4614A193-F49A-4600-8C95-3C2D432A7269.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 7
So I saw something really similar to this this AM on my laptop, only on disboards. Freaked me out so I clicked out of the browser window and haven’t gone back. On mobile now but a bit nervous that something spammy has gotten to the site

Just restart your computer and that should go away. Just NEVER click on it & I think you’ll be fine.
I’m thinking it is connected to whatever ad service they use here.

I haven't had that on DISboards, but my husband often gets something similar on another website he visits. Freaks him out every time. Just shut down and restart. I know it's a pain, but it's the only way we've found to deal with it.

if on mobile look into adblock or adguard pro, on home ublock origin. I want to support this forum as i run my own but why ad's are frustrating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter