• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Notary Question

MAC3

I'll be quiet now!
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question. I am taking my DD best friend with us on a 7 day DVC vacation and although I have taken her before, I don't quite remember where I got her "Permission Note Notorized" or if I did at all.

So in short where does on find a notary, and do both her mom & I need to be present for them to notorize the paper?

Hope this makes sense?
Thanks for your help,

Notaries can be found at any bank or any law office. Can't do business without them at those locations.
If the permission form is similiar to the cruise permission form, only the absent parent has to be there. There is a signature line for the absent parent only on the cruise permission slip.

Hope that helps! :)

BOTH parents need to be there or both need to provide notarized permission letters if they live apart. There are lots of custody agreements out there , the authorities have to make sure both parents agree to taking their child somewhere.

The cruise permission slip we got only had one signature line, and they only gave us one, but the rules for the park may be different.

When we took our son's friends with us I simply asked the parent/parents to make out a paper giving me permission to authorize medical treatment if it was needed and we were unable to reach the parent. They did get them notarized and we also took a copy of their health insurance card along. Am happy to say we never needed them but it gave all of us peace of mind knowing that if treatment was needed it would not be delayed because of a lot of red tape.

I believe this was what we did last time (I don't remember having it notorized)... but I will be sure to do it this time.

Although I have never had to use the ER in Florida I have visited it twice with guest we have brought with us.

Nothing serious, Thank God but I have seen the inside of Sand Lake Hospital once too often.

Lisa:
I am not familiar with the LOTW acronym in your signature.

(Older person not used to computer lingo, but willing to learn.)

Joe&Peg said:
Lisa:
I am not familiar with the LOTW acronym in your signature.

(Older person not used to computer lingo, but willing to learn.)

Ok beinging an older person myself, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit but LOTW = Lushes of the World...... so I guess it relates to all of those of us )no matter what age that like to parttake in a drink, or two (or twelve) ha ha ha (hippychickali)...

Regards

Your local Municipal Building should have a notary, too. I always get my things notarized there or at the police station.

Most businesses have a notary or two floating around, check at work or at church.

MAC3 said:
So in short where does on find a notary, and do both her mom & I need to be present for them to notorize the paper?

A person's signature is notarized. So, whoever needs to sign the paper needs to be present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter