Nothing A Little Sangria Can't Fix! A Thanksgiving 2016 Dining Report update 3/21 MK eats

It feels the same in weight and when I put it on, but it just doesn't.......sit right? It sticks out too far? IDK, it might be because I wear so many bracelets and this is going to interfere with them more than the old style.

I agree! I have really small wrists so I thought maybe it was just me, but it practically gapes on Justin too. It's just such a weird way that it sits.

It's fizzy! It's bubbly!

Noted!! On the list.

My phone was dying and a friend was texting me about her upcoming Disney trip over Christmas week :scared1: She was staying off-site and was asking me IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek: So while I was eating and trying to take notes I was also trying not to keel over or call her and start yelling.

GOOD LORD, sounds like my friends, ha!! I love helping people but sometimes they have to just learn for themselves.. the hard way!

We sent him a picture and he'd been dreaming of it since (because that's all 14 yo boys dream about right? Is food? Please? :scared:)

I hope so... :scared1::scared1::scared1:

We've booked Il Mulino for July when we stay at the Boardwalk. I can. not. wait!

Poor Chris not liking his pizza! Bummer. I had to laugh at the cornmeal coming off like dandruff though, lol.

Whatever, I don't care because in just about 2 weeks I'll be in my happy place pixiedust:
So Lucky!!! I don't love the new bands either, but I don't hate them. There is something super exciting when they arrive, for sure!

Chris isn't a big lover of Italian food which leads us to often tell him he's adopted
I can see some food. But none of Italian food?!? It's so good!

Marinated eggplant and salami.
Ok, maybe not eggplant...

Italian Rice Balls over Spicy Marinara Sauce
Rice Balls are the BEST!!!

It's fizzy! It's bubbly! I love it!!
I love seeing DS through the wine glass.

There was corn meal on the bottom of the crust so this was a no-go. He ate like, a piece and a half and then ate the cheese off some more and was done
OMG! Why do they all do this?!? My girls are fairly adventurous, But they get so stuck in certain preparations... Particularly mac n cheese. Funny, when we make pizza at home, I put cornmeal on the cookie sheet. Guess my girls are used that that...

Jumbo Shrimp Egg Battered and Sauteed, Served with White Wine Lemon Sauce
That Shrimp makes me what to go there just for that!

Our magic bands for our trip in 15 days finally came! They're the 2.0 version and while I didn't think I'd have a problem with them (and I really don't), I think they look fine in the box but kind of funny on my wrist. It feels the same in weight and when I put it on, but it just doesn't.......sit right? It sticks out too far? IDK, it might be because I wear so many bracelets and this is going to interfere with them more than the old style. Whatever, I don't care because in just about 2 weeks I'll be in my happy place pixiedust:
Woohoo!!!!! You'll be there before you know it.

I ended up liking the new band better. I thought it fit around the wrist a bit better and actually felt lighter. So complete opposite of you :P

Chris isn't a big lover of Italian food which leads us to often tell him he's adopted but they have pizza so he'd be ok too.
Sacrilege!!!! I'd go ahead and just boot him out of the family now

Marinated eggplant and salami.
The first time we went I ate almost all the eggplant but stopped myself because I didn't want to fill up. This time? I ate it all ::yes:: I'm not even a big eggplant lover but the flavor in this is incredible. It's so tender and there's no skin which I love-that there's no skin, I don't love the skin. The meat was ok, an Italian salami but not the best I've had. Steve liked it but the boys left this whole plate alone.
I said it last time and I'll saw it again, that eggplant looks and sounds amazing. I'm gonna have to see if I can figure out how to make something similar. Eggplant is the one food Jason doesn't really care for, so I'm all on my own to figure it out :-)

Lightly fried calamari with a spicy marinara sauce.

This is his new "thing" and pretty much the only seafood he'll eat so he was excited it was on the menu. However he only eats the rings and as you can see, this wasn't a plate full of rings. No problem as Steve was more than willing to help eat the tentacles which gross Chris out. They gross me out, too.
Ok, I totally should not be reading this update hungry. We went out for Italian last night and now I'm totally kicking myself for not getting calamari. Of course my family all fights over the legs :-) Is that zucchini in there too?

One year, when I was 10, Bonnie offered to make me a chocolate milkshake which was strange but I said yes. It was delicious and a bit chunky. After I drank about half of it I found out the chunks were actually chunks of squid :crazy2::crazy2: :faint: Needless to say I haven't let any part of an octopus near my mouth since.
YUCK!!!!!! Chocolate and squid does not sound like a winning combination

I have no idea what Steve got to drink since I didn't write it down. My phone was dying and a friend was texting me about her upcoming Disney trip over Christmas week :scared1: She was staying off-site and was asking me IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek: So while I was eating and trying to take notes I was also trying not to keel over or call her and start yelling.
Poor lady. I can only fathom trying to tackle disney for the first time and figuring out all the nuances. Don't get me wrong I hope you yelled at her, but for a vacation Disney certainly is a fun place. Maybe you should suggest she use a travel agent to help her next time :-)

Rigatoni with Wild Mushrooms, Spicy Cherry Peppers, Garlic and Truffle Oil

This is my picture from August because I think I dived into this immediately upon our server setting it down in front of me. OMG. If you read my last dining report you know I don't like mushrooms so it was weird I ordered this last time but something about it sounded so............good. And it IS. Truthfully I don't actually eat the mushrooms but I enjoy the light flavor they lend to the dish and the truffle oil - who doesn't love truffle oil?? The cherry peppers add a decent amount of heat but it all meshes together so nicely. And just for Kari @kastoney I asked if you can get it with extra extra mushrooms and they said of course! So my friend, you'll be all set if you go back :rotfl2:
You are just pure evil :P I let out an audible eww as I saw the picture then cracked out laughing at the comment :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Not even sure I can set foot in Il Mulino again after seeing this

Pounded, Breaded Chicken Breast Served With Fresh Tomato Sauce and Italian Cheese.

He tried his best to finish it but left about 5 bites, God bless him. Do you see the size of this? It fills the whole plate! I tried a spoonful of the sauce since this isn't "spicy" and it did taste a tiny bit different than the sauce that came with the arancini but not by much. Ricky was happy with his choice and has requested we return on future trips.
Holy chicken batman, that thing is down right huge!!!! Looks delicious

Pepperoni Pizza

Oh, Chris. My baby. My angel. I do love him so, so much. There was corn meal on the bottom of the crust so this was a no-go. He ate like, a piece and a half and then ate the cheese off some more and was done. Steve tried it and said it tasted great, much, much more like pizza should, like NY pizza :D, better than Via Napoli as opposed to your basic and usually nasty Disney pizza.
Are you sure he's even yours????

Jumbo Shrimp Egg Battered and Sauteed, Served with White Wine Lemon Sauce

It's only 4 shrimp but they were huge and he thoroughly enjoyed this. the francese-like sauce was not too lemony and had a nice, light wine taste, the breading wasn't heavy at all. Between the shrimp and the broccoli rabe he had a nice filling meal.
I saw another report where someone had these and now I must have it. I love, love, love shrimp and lemon so this is right up my alley. Guess that means I'm setting foot back in Il Mulino :-)

Does anyone like limoncello? Show of hands :wave2: I only ask because I love me some alcohol but this, no! Our Aug. visit here was the first time I had it; tried it again this time around to see if I'd matured at all (nope). Steve drinks a tiny bit more than I do of it but he isn't a fan, either. It's so strong and kind of, IDK, sharp tasting to me? Goes down hard :rolleyes1
You can just have your Limoncello for me next time :drinking1 In a surprise to no one, we are huge fans. It's really good in margaritas too.

Santa is chill but Mrs. Claus looks like she's searching for a child to eat for dinner lol.
:scared1:

Our magic bands for our trip in 15 days finally came! They're the 2.0 version and while I didn't think I'd have a problem with them (and I really don't), I think they look fine in the box but kind of funny on my wrist.

Ahh 15 days out and you're just getting your magic bands? I feel like 30 days out is much better... ya know, mentally :D I'm interested to see how you like using the band in the parks and if you can get used to how it feels

It was delicious and a bit chunky. After I drank about half of it I found out the chunks were actually chunks of squid

what?!?! I like calamari but would feel the same way about octopus if this happened to me too... what the heck?!

Does anyone like limoncello? Show of hands :wave2:

I kinda do like it! But I agree, it does have a 'sharp' taste and really I can only have a few sips... Funny story: there's a great family run 'hole in the wall' Italian place near us that Mom and I went to last October for dinner. I work with one of the owner's daughters and my co work had told her we were coming for dinner so both Mom and I got a complimentary limoncello... well, like you, said these are very strong. And this was after two glasses of wine each. welll... Mom forgot her iPad in the restaurant and we had to go back to get it. Oh Mom:cutie: No more limoncelllo for her!

Next trip if this kid wants something I'm ordering, he's getting is own!!!
:rotfl2:I don't blame you!

It's a mix of crusty fresh Italian bread and focaccia bread which is soft with a little bit of onion on the top.
OMG so yum!

It's fizzy! It's bubbly! I love it!!
Nice...but I'd need way more than that! Lol.

She was staying off-site and was asking me IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek:
Oh my!

Il Mulino is ice cold inside. Freezing.
I would not enjoy that part at all.

including the approx. 1.3 bites of arancini I got by the time they brought or entrees.
:rotfl2:

Pounded, Breaded Chicken Breast Served With Fresh Tomato Sauce and Italian Cheese.
Wow...huge portion!

Here it wasn't too much but he noticed it and that was the end.
Sounds like something AJ would do....

sad it was our last night of vacation.
Boo hoo!

Santa is chill but Mrs. Claus looks like she's searching for a child to eat for dinner lol.
Oh my goodness.....

Salted Crack Caramel.
This sounds amazing!

so we still had a full Disney day to go!
Yay!

Yes! The orange one is a Grand Marnier slush. I've never had it but hear it's really good, just hard for me not to get the Grey Goose lol
I *may* have to try both..... :scratchin

Wait until your boys get older. Less snacks for you :rotfl2:
Actually it's already like this (I have to hide my snacks!) but I guess I thought it got better? :confused3

They're the 2.0 version and while I didn't think I'd have a problem with them (and I really don't), I think they look fine in the box but kind of funny on my wrist. It feels the same in weight and when I put it on, but it just doesn't.......sit right? It sticks out too far?
Hmm, interesting. I was wondering about the 2.0 bands. I actually didn't like the feel of the old ones, I just don't like rubber around my wrist. I got one of those cloth sleeves for it and was better, but then most of the time the scanners would not work with the cloth. The thing that interests me about the new bands is the disc that can pop out and you can wear it on a key chain or something besides your wrist.

My phone was dying and a friend was texting me about her upcoming Disney trip over Christmas week :scared1: She was staying off-site and was asking me IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek: So while I was eating and trying to take notes I was also trying not to keel over or call her and start yelling.
I would have cold sweats over that. Quick story, DW and DD9 are going to WDW in July for a dance school trip (I'm not going because of work - sniff, sniff). Of the two of us, I am more of the planner than DW, so I had all their ADRs done right away in January. So a couple weeks ago I was chatting with some of the other dance parents during lessons. And they were all saying "we heard there are nice restaurants at Disney, it would be nice to go to some. Should we make reservations?" So yeah, there was I with cold sweats saying "um yeah, it wouldn't hurt to try but you might not get much left by now" when on the inside I was banging my head against the wall.

Last time we came Steve saw someone at the bar eating a monstrous piece of something smothered in sauce and cheese and asked what it was because he has no shame when it comes to food; it ended up being their gigantor chicken parm which is one of Ricky's favorites.
Oh wow, that looks amazing. I've heard lots of good things about Il Mulino, but that may seal the deal for me!

We sent him a picture and he'd been dreaming of it since (because that's all 14 yo boys dream about right? Is food? Please? :scared:)
Now Ariane, let me put your mind at ease. Since I myself was a 14 yo boy at one point, I can say that yes, all they dream about is food...and toy cars...and teddy bears...and puppy dogs. :rolleyes1

Oh, Chris. My baby. My angel. I do love him so, so much. There was corn meal on the bottom of the crust so this was a no-go. He ate like, a piece and a half and then ate the cheese off some more and was done. Steve tried it and said it tasted great, much, much more like pizza should, like NY pizza :D, better than Via Napoli as opposed to your basic and usually nasty Disney pizza.
I can relate to picky eating habits. Back in 2008 I took DD (now 17) on her first WDW trip. So, about 4 months before the trip she decides she doesn't like any kind of meat (she only ever ate chicken and sometimes hot dogs anyway). Her diet was basically mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and cheese pizza. So, I figured at least in WDW she could survive on mac & cheese and pizza. Get down there, she doesn't like the mac & cheese. So we spent a week there and all she ate was pizza. Every. Single. Meal.

It very good. Very creamy. However, and I said this in my TR and kind of said this earlier in this report when I reviewed Ricky and Steve's visit, I wouldn't make a special visit here if I weren't staying at an Epcot resort. I also believe I prefer Beaches and Cream. I know their ice cream is Edy's but I love the No Way Jose and all the other sundaes and toppings they offer.
Ample Hills sounds nice and I appreciate different flavours of ice cream. But I would have a hard time passing up a No Way Jose!

I don't know if I'll use mine for May though (we ordered them early to get the AP slider, but the slider never came oh well). I also got a hitchhiking ghost 1.0 version one recently so I'm thinking of using that.
I'd definitely use the HM one! I think we'll end up using the last 1.0 versions we got, I just wanted to see what these are like.

But a couple years ago we got him those mini Kraft cups and he hated them. He decided it was because the cheese was powder unlike the one that came in the big box....you can see where this is going right? Well one day I was making him a box of mac and cheese and he saw the cheese was indeed a powder and threw the biggest fit! He claimed it never was one before and I made it that way :laughing:
I still don't know how a quote from here got on my TR :rotfl2: I know you've since told me your brother was 16 when the mac n cheese incident occurred and I find that hysterical :laughing:

So many amazing options at Il Mulino, since DH and I stay at Epcot Resorts making the trek over to Swalphin is defintiely a possibility!
You should most definitely give it a try! I never thought of those resorts for meals, but last Aug. we wanted something different. just went into the Disney dining site and started scrolling, stopped at Il Mulino and read the menu and we were hooked :thumbsup2

Arancini...YUM! My husband is 100% Sicilian, and his mom makes HOMEMADE arancini. It is DELICIOUS and a labor of love. She makes it for us every time we come down. I'll be having it sometime in March when we are down, because I already put in our request...
This is making my mouth water!!!

Gah! That Mrs. Clause scared me in the TR and she's scaring me again for the dining report. She needs a warning label, LOL!!
:rotfl: I have to wonder how many kid saw Santa from afar and said, "Mommy! I wanna meet Santa" And then once they got close and saw the Mrs. changed their minds lol

He's not too picky, so I can't complain much...or can I??
We can ALWAYS complain!

As for the new magic bands...I am on team "no." I really don't think it's me being resistant to change, either, they're just oddly shaped! But, they are a sign of a fast approaching trip, so I can't hate on them too much!!
I don't think you're being resistant to change :) I don't think MB's have been around long enough for anyone to really be against them changing for any nostalgia reason or anything like that, but yeah they just lay funny and the middle makes the shape strange! Think I may pack our new ones but wear our "newest" 1.0's :thumbsup2

(also having a heart attack about your friend and offsite and Christmas and fast passes and...:scared1: I hope everything worked out for them!!)
Ha! We never had a full fledged conversation about the trip, but based on our texts after and the pictures she posted during she seemed to think it went fine. She said it was packed but no more than when they've been during spring break??? Can't figure that out since they went Dec. 26-29th. They also only went to MK 2 days and Epcot one day and don't know any of the lesser known fun things, and felt that standing in line for an hour was the norm and no big deal.........

I agree! I have really small wrists so I thought maybe it was just me, but it practically gapes on Justin too. It's just such a weird way that it sits.
Steve hasn't actually tried his on yet so I'll have to see what he thinks, but if it didn't fit Justin well Steve probably won't like it either :rolleyes:

GOOD LORD, sounds like my friends, ha!! I love helping people but sometimes they have to just learn for themselves.. the hard way!
I LOVE helping people plan, which is why I became a Disney travel planner! But trying to convince people who don't understand the importance of time, FP's, ADR's, etc. that there really IS an importance factor........:faint: Plus I have to be much more convincing now than when I was just a plain old friend or aquaintence offering unasked for advice!
We've booked Il Mulino for July when we stay at the Boardwalk. I can. not. wait!
So glad you did and I can't wait to read your thoughts :surfweb:

So Lucky!!! I don't love the new bands either, but I don't hate them. There is something super exciting when they arrive, for sure!
Definitely exciting when they come, no matter how many we have lol!

I can see some food. But none of Italian food?!? It's so good!
Um, mozzarella sticks?? Fried ravioli? Chicken Scarpiello and that's about it..............

Funny, when we make pizza at home, I put cornmeal on the cookie sheet. Guess my girls are used that that...
If his first experience with the cornmeal on pizza were at Il Mulino I think he would've been ok. But since the pizza at Confisco's had it literally pouring off, I think the minute he noticed it here that was the end.

I said it last time and I'll saw it again, that eggplant looks and sounds amazing. I'm gonna have to see if I can figure out how to make something similar. Eggplant is the one food Jason doesn't really care for, so I'm all on my own to figure it out :-)
Steve rarely makes eggplant at home and I don't know why, because he loves it. Other than eggplant rollatini on Christmas Eve I don't get it much. Might have to tell him to get on that!

Ok, I totally should not be reading this update hungry. We went out for Italian last night and now I'm totally kicking myself for not getting calamari. Of course my family all fights over the legs :-) Is that zucchini in there too?
I wasn't sure since I don't eat the squid and he said yup, they threw some zucchini in there :thumbsup2

Poor lady. I can only fathom trying to tackle disney for the first time and figuring out all the nuances. Don't get me wrong I hope you yelled at her, but for a vacation Disney certainly is a fun place
I very nicely told her she was screwed and to have a nice time :dancer:

Maybe you should suggest she use a travel agent to help her next time :-)
You know I did! Sent her some business cards in her Christmas card :laughing:

You are just pure evil :P I let out an audible eww as I saw the picture then cracked out laughing at the comment :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
My friend, I will always have your back :lmao:

Are you sure he's even yours????
No. I believe there was a mix up at the hospital and some nice Irish family somewhere has a kid insisting on lasagne and antipasto every night.

Not even sure I can set foot in Il Mulino again after seeing this
Yeah but.........

I saw another report where someone had these and now I must have it. I love, love, love shrimp and lemon so this is right up my alley. Guess that means I'm setting foot back in Il Mulino :-)
You must! How about not making an ADR there for Nov. and having a great dinner with some eggplant, shrimp, and limoncello?

You can just have your Limoncello for me next time :drinking1 In a surprise to no one, we are huge fans. It's really good in margaritas too.
See above.....

Ahh 15 days out and you're just getting your magic bands? I feel like 30 days out is much better... ya know, mentally :D
If didn't have going on 30 MB's I would worry way before 15 days! Ours took a little NE tour of the US this time too, or we would had them like 4 days earlier lol

Nice...but I'd need way more than that! Lol.
Don't worry, I had way more than that!
I *may* have to try both..... :scratchin
One day I'll try the Grand Marnier. But I do think you should try both in June so you can report on the differences and which you prefer :D

Actually it's already like this (I have to hide my snacks!) but I guess I thought it got better? :confused3
Oh I'm so sorry, but it gets worse, and worse, and worse..............

The thing that interests me about the new bands is the disc that can pop out and you can wear it on a key chain or something besides your wrist.
That does look kind of neat, but still not liking the weird way it bumps up on my wrist. I guess @kastoney has better, daintier wrists than I do since she's in love with the new bands :love: I think she wants to marry one.

I would have cold sweats over that. Quick story, DW and DD9 are going to WDW in July for a dance school trip (I'm not going because of work - sniff, sniff). Of the two of us, I am more of the planner than DW, so I had all their ADRs done right away in January. So a couple weeks ago I was chatting with some of the other dance parents during lessons. And they were all saying "we heard there are nice restaurants at Disney, it would be nice to go to some. Should we make reservations?" So yeah, there was I with cold sweats saying "um yeah, it wouldn't hurt to try but you might not get much left by now" when on the inside I was banging my head against the wall.
LOL! Don't you want to shout, "There ARE nice restaurants but you're going over the summer, in five months, you are NOT getting in to them!!! Do you not own a computer? Have you done NO RESEARCH???" Very hard to give a nice calm response instead!

Oh wow, that looks amazing. I've heard lots of good things about Il Mulino, but that may seal the deal for me!
If you are looking for somewhere new to try, I highly suggest it. Not only is it wonderful but before or after you can spend time walking the BW. Or if you don't have time to spend outside the parks, walking in to Epcot or to HS will help work off some of the delicious calories you just ingested!

Now Ariane, let me put your mind at ease. Since I myself was a 14 yo boy at one point, I can say that yes, all they dream about is food...and toy cars...and teddy bears...and puppy dogs. :rolleyes1
I would love to say my mind is at ease.......but considering the bits of conversation I overheard last night each time I walked by the door to the family room downstairs where he was hanging out with some of his friends, I'm going to say, nice try and I appreciate it!

Ample Hills sounds nice and I appreciate different flavours of ice cream. But I would have a hard time passing up a No Way Jose!
I do like having new flavors to try sometimes so if you aren't going out of your way, give it a try. I guess I just wasn't blown away, and the one in NY gets such rave reviews.

Last edited:
Well I'm still not willing to mess with the quotes from my phone but I've got to get back into commenting other than from my laptop or everyone will think I've abandoned them!

Once again Il Mulino looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe that my mom and sister didn't enjoy their meal there! Everything you guys had looks amazing even (especially?) that pizza! It's too funny to me the things that will be deal breakers for kids. Cornmeal of all things!

That mushroom pasta sounds amazing! I like mushrooms but sometimes have an issue with the texture so it's nice that you can just push them off and still enjoy the dish.

I'm with Kari on the magic band 2.0 battle - I like that the 2.0 fit a bit more like a watch, it's like they don't "stick" to your wrist as much, which I appreciate. The last few times I've been to WDW I've gotten some comments from CMs when they access my MDE "wow you have a lot of magic bands", and I have gone in and deactivated some of them so they don't mess with the system! Of course I have a bunch of magic bands, don't you know how disney marketing works?! And my sweet coworker got me one of the new magickeeper clip-on Minnie heads so I also can wear the magic band 2.0 "puck" on my lanyard now.

So sad that your trip is coming to a close but so excited that you've got another one coming up verrrrry soon!!!

I've heard great things about Il Mulino! Glad you had such wonderful experiences.

The first time we went I ate almost all the eggplant but stopped myself because I didn't want to fill up. This time? I ate it all ::yes:: I'm not even a big eggplant lover but the flavor in this is incredible.

What a neat way to start out the meal!

typical Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes, which I never ate.

Wow, maybe I do NOT want to move to Italy if this is what they do on Christmas lol! EW.

I found out the chunks were actually chunks of squid

OMG. Can you even drink a chocolate milkshake now? I would be scarred for life.

IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek: So while I was eating and trying to take notes I was also trying not to keel over or call her and start yelling.

Eeeek!!

and the truffle oil - who doesn't love truffle oil?? The cherry peppers add a decent amount of heat

Wow, that really does sound amazing (and love that they add a little heat with the peppers!).

it ended up being their gigantor chicken parm which is one of Ricky's favorites. We sent him a picture and he'd been dreaming of it since (because that's all 14 yo boys dream about right? Is food? Please? :scared:) so that's what he got.
Pollo Parmigiana:

LOL! I am a little surprised there's no pasta or anything, but glad he liked it!

And they also came to the table and poured us 2 glasses of their complimentary limoncello:

That's the oddest limoncello I've seen TBH, and we had a lot of it around Italy and even came home and made some bc we loved it so much!! I don't like the taste of alcohol really, and loveeeee limoncello, so I'd urge you to try it again just somewhere else. Maybe I'll have to go to Il Mulino to try out that mushroom dish and their limoncello just to see how different it is ;)

I know their ice cream is Edy's but I love the No Way Jose and all the other sundaes and toppings they offer. Nothing was wrong with Ample Hills though! If you want to try "different" flavors it's a good place to go.

Huh, I didn't realize B&C was Edy's that is sort of disappointing! Ample Hills sounds great, I have a love for hot fudge so if they offered a banana split with fudge and cool ice cream flavor's im in! Off to look at the menu now lol

The Raw Deal and Salted Crack Caramel.

Mmmm

I totally have to go back and catch up on what I've missed...but you're going back to DW!! How exciting is that! :cool1:

I feel like I've missed so much good stuff !

Edited to ask, did you find the Thanksgiving crowds insane? I'm thinking about flying down the Friday or Saturday immediately after turkey day, I know those days will be busy, but supposed to die down after Sunday?

Last edited:
Once again Il Mulino looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe that my mom and sister didn't enjoy their meal there! Everything you guys had looks amazing even (especially?) that pizza! It's too funny to me the things that will be deal breakers for kids. Cornmeal of all things!
Well, to each his own! There are a couple restaurants down there that consistently get rave reviews and tons of people LOVE-and so we tried based on that and don't like. Although I vote they give it another try because it's amazing!
Yup, kids get something stuck in their head and that's it, nothing can change it. Some kids are over that by age 11 and others never get over it. Especially boys :rotfl2:

That mushroom pasta sounds amazing! I like mushrooms but sometimes have an issue with the texture so it's nice that you can just push them off and still enjoy the dish.
I'm not a mushroom fan either and never actually eat them, but I do like the flavor mushrooms give to dishes. That's why I love this dish, you don't have to eat them and the dish is still fabulous!

The last few times I've been to WDW I've gotten some comments from CMs when they access my MDE "wow you have a lot of magic bands", and I have gone in and deactivated some of them so they don't mess with the system!
I deactivated some of mine and Steve's bands too, because I've heard a few stories where having too many active messes things up. The boys don't have quite as many as we do b/c of the adults only trips and I did decline bands twice, but now with the new bands I decided to get them for our trip this month. And maybe our May trip too :rolleyes1

I've heard great things about Il Mulino! Glad you had such wonderful experiences.
Thank you, we did! I think you all would enjoy it as long as the menu appeals to you.

What a neat way to start out the meal!
The eggplant is one reason I wanted to go back. It's THAT good :cloud9:

LOL! I am a little surprised there's no pasta or anything, but glad he liked it!
I am too, but really that piece of chicken was so huge there's no way he would've eaten more than a couple spoonfuls of pasta. When Steve got it the apps we got plus the eggplant/Italian meats plus bread was more than enough for him!

I totally have to go back and catch up on what I've missed...but you're going back to DW!! How exciting is that! :cool1:
I cannot wait :cheer2: Nine days!

Edited to ask, did you find the Thanksgiving crowds insane? I'm thinking about flying down the Friday or Saturday immediately after turkey day, I know those days will be busy, but supposed to die down after Sunday?
Nope, although they were a bit bigger last year than in 2015. Not insane though either year. Back in 2012 we flew in late at night on Thanksgiving and stayed for 10 days; by Sunday it was way lighter and by Monday, perfect crowd-wise. I know crowds have increased in recent years overall but I think that week is still a great one to go.

I did decline bands twice, but now with the new bands I decided to get them for our trip this month. And maybe our May trip too

Well OBVIOUSLY you have to collect the new style in all the colors! Haha. So far I just have red and yellow in 2.0 and am going to try my best not to get any more for a while. Hopefully the magic keeper thing will help with that.

I cannot wait :cheer2: Nine days!

Woop woop! And kid free is a nice bonus!! I see a ticker below that one and see our beloved WL but can't see the dates, when's the next trip??

Nope, although they were a bit bigger last year than in 2015. Not insane though either year. Back in 2012 we flew in late at night on Thanksgiving and stayed for 10 days; by Sunday it was way lighter and by Monday, perfect crowd-wise. I know crowds have increased in recent years overall but I think that week is still a great one to go.

Good to know! Thanks! When I see numbers on TP higher than a 6 or 7 I start to freak out a little! OH man, I wish I could stay for 10 days, but it will be more like 5 :sad2:. Stupid work getting in the way of my Disney time

Were you able to buy the cake on the spot or did you have to pre order this?
I bought it on the spot :) They have quite a few of the petit cakes out, at least they have both times I've been in there. They also had some of the bigger dome character cakes ready to go but only 2 or 3 and I don't believe they were the biggest ones you can get.

I bought it on the spot :) They have quite a few of the petit cakes out, at least they have both times I've been in there. They also had some of the bigger dome character cakes ready to go but only 2 or 3 and I don't believe they were the biggest ones you can get.

Thank you. I'm craving that cake now I've seen your photos :woohoo:

Eating Around the MK

And here we are, our last day. It's taken me so freakin' long to finish this thing, you guys are probably like, "
FINALLY!!" And if that's the case you'll all be thrilled to know that Steve and I leave Saturday for our first of two adults-only F&G trips which will be followed by an all-new dining report, sure to go deep into late summer before an end is in sight :D
If you can actually handle more of me, here's a little preview of what we plan to eat between March 25th and March 28th:

-lots of snacks and drinks from the F&G booths
-Tiffins dinner (RoL dining package)
-Citricos, Steve's favorite signature do date
-Wave breakfast buffet

-Moscato Colada from Geyser Point ::yes::
-Did I mention lots and lots and LOTS of F&G goodies?????

So once I finish up this bad boy and we get back, I'll have all those reviews for you guys!!
But first let me get to our last day from way back in November. We had some good stuff but I'll tell you right now, it wasn't the most exciting day as far as where we ate. Except maybe for this:

If you do not know what this is or where it came from, you don't deserve to be on the Restaurant forum. Just kidding! Kidding!! This is the cinnamon roll from Gastons, which we've had before but still waited on line about 40 minutes for in Nov. Yes. Longer than we wait for rides. Except for this trip because, well, Christopher. But I digress, do you see how the glaze glistens? This roll is sweet perfection. It's also huge and if you go in Gastons you'll see many people of all shapes and sizes sharing this between 2 people, 3 people, some crazies even sharing one of these between 4 people. My family got 4 of these for 4 people. We don't share deliciousness! Oh, and even though I always forget when I'm there, you can ask for extra frosting which I swear I will do one of these days and I will then know what heaven is like :cloud9:
I know Steve had coffee, I had my morning diet coke and the boys probably had water. After we were full we did some rides and got our first FP out of the way which brought us to Tomorrowland. As we were walking from that FP to our next one we went past the teacups, and lo and behold these guys were out meeting!

We saw them out years ago but never met them, and luckily Chris did me a solid and came up to say hi. And drink some tea.......
Next we finished up our first 2 FP's and got some snacks: more slushes from Sunshine Tree Terrace for the boys and for me, my 2nd favorite cookie in the World from Big Top Treats:

That picture is actually from Jan. 2016 in MCO. I was a little too excited to eat this and bit off some Mickey ear before snapped the picture. I must have been even more excited today because I didn't even take a picture!
After our 3rd FP I was able to make a 4th for about 20 minutes after that one for Under the Sea, which on this pretty busy day was needed, hence the easy stop at Big Top Treats. Not one to let a cookie fill me up, I let the family take me to lunch after we exited the clamshell. We found ourselves at a QS restaurant that Steve and I tried back in Aug. and realized we liked more than we thought we would. It wasn't Columbia Harbor House like but it came fairly close. And the winner is......

Pinocchio's Village Haus! Love the murals and the little guy on the walls.

I mentioned above that it was pretty crowded today. Pinocchio's was PACKED. Once we got on line you could barely move. The boys squeezed their way through the crowd to find a table while Steve and I got on line - surprisingly the CM's weren't doing that thing they do on crowded days where they don't let you sit unless you have food. Good for us! After about 20 minutes we had our food. For Chris, the very popular and always delicious Disney chicken nuggets and and fries:

'Nuff said, right? I might have snuck a nugget for myself.
Steve and I did something we never do and shared a meal. I normally do not share food! We shared an order of fries and the meal I got in August:

The caprese flatbread. This has to be the best QS flatbread I've had in Disney and it's way better than Disney pizza. The dough is light, crispy around the edges but not hard. It has just the right amount of balsamic and both times I've had it the tomatoes have been very fresh. I couldn't quite finish it the first time so sharing with Steve plus fries worked out.
Since Ricky has been on a Chicken Caesar salad kick for about 2 years now, that's what he went with:

I think the chicken looked gross. Really gross. But he loved the salad and ate it all. The dressing was really good, lettuce not wilted at all (he won't eat any wilted lettuce) and he said the chicken had a lightly seasoned taste. Whatever, I will not be ordering the caesar salad here in the future.
After lunch we spent time with a bunch of Bears and then more time in Tomorrowland than we normally do, where Steve did this:

That was our last attraction and it was a great way to end our trip! Like I said, not the most exciting day food-wise but still a great final day of our trip. We did get Burger King at MCO, I don't have pictures but if you need pictures of BK food then you need to move closer to a town or a least some type of village. Oh, on our way out of MK I did take a couple final pictures of some Christmas decorations:

ALMOST had a clean shot with nobody in it!
Well guys, that finishes up our Thanksgiving 2016 trip :D Thank you so much for following along with me! Now I'm really excited to be returning to my favorite resort, WL, in 4 short days and to eat and drink everything we can and report back to you once again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!