Nothing A Little Sangria Can't Fix! A Thanksgiving 2016 Dining Report update 3/21 MK eats

I wasn't kidding about my phone not cooperating with the boards so l apologize in advance for the below mess... :sad2:

If you can actually handle more of me,
Bring it on lady!!!

-lots of snacks and drinks from the F&G booths
-Tiffins dinner (RoL dining package)
-Citricos, Steve's favorite signature do date
-Wave breakfast buffet

-Moscato Colada from Geyser Point ::yes::
-Did I mention lots and lots and LOTS of F&G goodies?????
Oooh sounds absolutely delightful! Take photos! Now I'm hungry. Ugh.

-Wave breakfast buffet

Stupid possessed boards

you don't deserve to be on the Restaurant forum. Just kidding! Kidding
Uh, no you are NOT! :snooty:

I had my morning diet coke
I never knew this about you but it solidifies my suspicions that we are dining soulmates.

?? I think I was quoting the yucky chicken which did look yucky but I also love this proclamation of your thinness!!!

he won't eat any wilted lettuce
A man of distinction and refined taste! (I won't either, it gives me the heebies)

After lunch we spent time with a bunch of Bears
Trying... to... control... myself... "all the guys that turn me on turn me down dooodle oodle oodle ooo!"

then you need to move closer to a town or a least some type of village
"Little town
It's a quiet village
Each BK
Like the one before

Little town
Full of little people
Waiting to eat at
Airport! Airport! Airport, airport, airport

There goes the pilot with his fries like always
The same old whopper junior smell
Every franchise just the same
As the menu at home, lame
In this busy theme park town
It's fast food hell"

Okay I have a problem, good thing this report is OVER! I wish your trip was a bit longer so we could overlap. Have a fabulous time!!!

My phone was dying and a friend was texting me about her upcoming Disney trip over Christmas week :scared1: She was staying off-site and was asking me IF SHE SHOULD DO THESE THINGS CALLED FASTPASSES :eek:

This would have made me insane, LOL. I work with a guy who planned a "last minute" trip a couple of months ago (their first) and after they got back I saw him on the elevator and he was like "I hear you're the Disney World expert" and I wanted to be like WHY ARE YOU ONLY TALKING TO ME NOW???? but he is really high up in our organization so I am not allowed to yell at him ;)

Oh, Chris. My baby. My angel. I do love him so, so much. There was corn meal on the bottom of the crust so this was a no-go. He ate like, a piece and a half and then ate the cheese off some more and was done.

Oh. Yes. I feel you, my fellow mama of oddly picky children. This would have been a total deal breaker for my pizza maniacs. IT IS SOMETHING SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN I AM USED TO! I would have just called it a day and fed them bread.

Sorry for all the yelling in this comment, LOL.

I don't have pictures but if you need pictures of BK food then you need to move closer to a town or a least some type of village.

Thanks for ending with a laugh, LOL! Looking forward to the next installment, obviously. Jealous of your kid-free time at WDW...we better see a lot of booze ;)

I am a Diet Coke not coffee in the morning too. Great reviews. -( and glad I knew where the cinnamon rolls came from)

I'm looking forward to more! Take lots of photos of the new WL areas!! <3

My family got 4 of these for 4 people. We don't share deliciousness!

Hahaha! I am that way too with food I love!! Although I think I'd be the only one in my family interested in eating it, so I'm good there! Good to know I can ask for extra sauce. Mmm

Steve and I did something we never do and shared a meal. I normally do not share food! We shared an order of fries and the meal I got in August:

I just wrote about our lunch where I got this same flatbread. It's really good, esp for a CS quick lunch. Glad you enjoyed it too!

I think the chicken looked gross. Really gross.

That was my first thought when I saw the photo, lol! Although I'm not into salad, so luckily I won't ever be ordering this either (and Andrew might but he wouldn't care if the chicken looked like that).

You had me at moscato colada. I need to know more.

Sorry I had to get that out. I'm now scrolling back up to read about the MK eats.

"Little town
It's a quiet village
Each BK
Like the one before

Little town
Full of little people
Waiting to eat at

It's fast food hell"

:rotfl2:

If you can actually handle more of me, here's a little preview of what we plan to eat between March 25th and March 28th:
-Wave breakfast buffet

:banana::banana: I can't believe we'll just miss you. Have a blast!!!!! I am so excited for all of your reservations :rotfl2: Tiffins is on my list, their menu just sounds amazing. I DID NOT SEE A MOSCATO COLADA on the Geyser Point menu!! Uhh, yum!!! I hope you love The Wave.

My family got 4 of these for 4 people. We don't share deliciousness! Oh, and even though I always forget when I'm there, you can ask for extra frosting which I swear I will do one of these days and I will then know what heaven is like :cloud9:

Yum.. that looks sooo delicious. I love that you don't share.. heck no!

The caprese flatbread. This has to be the best QS flatbread I've had in Disney and it's way better than Disney pizza.

:lovestruc Wow, that looks awesome. I still have never been there, I feel like it used to get awful reviews!? But I hear good things lately.

Omg.. Yeck. I wasn't gonna say anything but it doesn't look great lol. I figured maybe it would be like the grilled slices!

Yay, Steve! Wonder if the shirt had anything to do with it, lol. Have a wonderful Adults only trip!! I hope you eat and drink everythingggggg good!! :banana:

I can't believe that lady walked in front of your final MK picture!! Ok, yes I can, but I tend to get unreasonably irritated when people do that to my pictures, LOL!!

I also can't believe that you only have three more days until you're back visiting the World! I can't wait to get a little preview of F&G from you. I'm 39 days out and getting so impatient!

As for MK food, Gaston's cinnamon rolls are pretty much the stuff dreams are made of. I feel like I would be a terrible choice to work there because I would not be working at all...I'd be huddled in the back behind some boxes stuffing cinnamon rolls in my mouth and drinking LeFou's brew from the tap. It would be a mess.

A delicious mess.

I agree that the chicken on Ricky's salad from PVH looks a little :crazy2: but at least he said it tastes good! I love caprese and your flatbread looks great. I wonder why I got pepperoni and not that in December?? I wish I knew what was happening in my brain that day. Probably I ordered in a hurry. I'm regretting that now!

Loved it!

We used to LOVE the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls…I'm not sure why we haven't tried the ones at Gaston's. Making this a Must DO for next trip!

Now go have another great trip so we can get another great trip report!

Bring it on lady!!!
Oh, It'll be BRUNG!

I never knew this about you but it solidifies my suspicions that we are dining soulmates.
:lovestruc I don't drink coffee (which is hysterical since Steve works at Starbucks) but I do drink cappuccino. So when I get up at the ungodly hour of 5:50 to get Ricky up for school I have cappuccino; then later I have my diet coke with breakfast :thumbsup2 If I'm out to breakfast and not getting a little morning alcohol with my omelette? DC baby!

?? I think I was quoting the yucky chicken which did look yucky but I also love this proclamation of your thinness!!!
:rotfl2:I'm peeing my pants! I do like to randomly remind people of my gorgeous bod.............................

"Little town
It's a quiet village
Each BK
Like the one before

Little town
Full of little people
Waiting to eat at

It's fast food hell"
Peeing again :rotfl: I appreciate the time you took to put my thoughts to song!

"last minute" trip a couple of months ago (their first) and after they got back I saw him on the elevator and he was like "I hear you're the Disney World expert" and I wanted to be like WHY ARE YOU ONLY TALKING TO ME NOW???? but he is really high up in our organization so I am not allowed to yell at him ;)
Can you write mean things about him on the walls of the ladies room :P I'm in a FB group, not TA related and not one of those monthly travelers to Disney groups but another Disney related groups. Every once in awhile someone will say they leave in like a month, should they eat anywhere special? Are FP's free? I get a little vomit in my mouth each time that happens lol.

Oh. Yes. I feel you, my fellow mama of oddly picky children. This would have been a total deal breaker for my pizza maniacs. IT IS SOMETHING SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THAN I AM USED TO! I would have just called it a day and fed them bread.
Sometimes I buy a different brand of something and Chris knows right away. Even if he doesn't see the wrapper/container whatever. Knows. right. away. He starts complaining and I tell him to throw it away and eat cereal. I can't do it anymore!

Sorry for all the yelling in this comment, LOL.
It's ok, I probably deserve it after all the yelling I do daily at my kids :laughing:

Jealous of your kid-free time at WDW...we better see a lot of booze ;)
If I see it I shall drink it.

I am a Diet Coke not coffee in the morning too. Great reviews. -( and glad I knew where the cinnamon rolls came from)
Nope, no coffee for me :snooty: I do like cappuccino when I first wake up, but it's diet coke with breakfast ::yes::

I'm looking forward to more! Take lots of photos of the new WL areas!! <3
I will!

I just wrote about our lunch where I got this same flatbread. It's really good, esp for a CS quick lunch. Glad you enjoyed it too!
I remember reading your review :goodvibes I think the only other place I've ordered a flatbread in Disney is Citricos, which of course was out of this world.

You had me at moscato colada. I need to know more.
I promise to review it, and if I need to have more than one to get a proper feel for the flavors, I shall :D

I can't believe we'll just miss you. Have a blast!!!!!
PLEASE. I'm just missing EVERYBODY :sad2: Hey, you're so darn close you should just run down there any time any of your Dis friends will be there!!!

Tiffins is on my list, their menu just sounds amazing.
Right?? I've wanted to try it for awhile and this just fit perfectly :)

I DID NOT SEE A MOSCATO COLADA on the Geyser Point menu!! Uhh, yum!!!
I didn't notice it either until @ArielSRL pointed it out to me! So :worship: to Renee. I'll be sure to drink one for her lol.

Yum.. that looks sooo delicious. I love that you don't share.. heck no!
A couple times a year when I meet my friends from college we go to Cheesecake Factory. They all order like 3 pieces of cheesecake to share between 5 or 6 of them - nope :snooty: I get my own piece and they know I do NOT share! But they still love me :)

Wow, that looks awesome. I still have never been there, I feel like it used to get awful reviews!? But I hear good things lately.
I think it did and that's why we stayed away. Then in 2015 Ricky was hungry, the park was closing and we were in the area so he ate there. Then when Steve and I went in Jan. we were looking for something different than CCH and said what the hell, we'll give it a try. Not sure if they'd recently had a menu change or what, but it's good!

Yay, Steve! Wonder if the shirt had anything to do with it, lol.
LOL it took him awhile to put two and two together and then he was shooting me looks! But he was a really good sport about it. Better than when he was picked to be Davey the angel in HDDR!

Have a wonderful Adults only trip!!
:thanks: Enjoy your trip, too!

I can't believe that lady walked in front of your final MK picture!! Ok, yes I can, but I tend to get unreasonably irritated when people do that to my pictures, LOL!!
I probably made some kind of not so friendly comment a bit louder than I should have as she walked by :worship:

I also can't believe that you only have three more days until you're back visiting the World! I can't wait to get a little preview of F&G from you. I'm 39 days out and getting so impatient!
I truly believe once you get to like, 20 days, it goes super fast. Especially when you're super busy! Between work and PTA which I know you know all about, I haven't even started packing yet which I know will make some folks' heads spin. Once I get spring pictures distributed tomorrow I'm all about the packing!

I love caprese and your flatbread looks great. I wonder why I got pepperoni and not that in December?? I wish I knew what was happening in my brain that day. Probably I ordered in a hurry. I'm regretting that now!
Let me take a stab at that; you were maybe more concerned with everyone else ordering what they wanted and then ordered for yourself last and thereby, as you said, in a hurry?? Well guess what? In May you can order as s-l-o-w-l-y as you want because you only need be concerned with yourself :cheer2:

Loved it!
:thanks: I'm glad you followed along with me!

We used to LOVE the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls…I'm not sure why we haven't tried the ones at Gaston's. Making this a Must DO for next trip!
You won't be disappointed!

Now go have another great trip so we can get another great trip report!
I will and I hope I can deliver another one!

Peeing again :rotfl: I appreciate the time you took to put my thoughts to song!

The sick, sad thing is that stuff like this runs through my head all day. It took about 30 seconds for my brain to go down the total rabbit hole. I can't see 5 words sometimes without hearing a song. R and I are CONSTANTLY making up songs for and about each other. There is no way anyone else in the world would put up with either one of us.

ARE YOU AT WDW YET?! HAVE FUN

Oh, and even though I always forget when I'm there, you can ask for extra frosting which I swear I will do one of these days and I will then know what heaven is like :cloud9:
I need to ask for this too! We usually get one roll and share it with all of us. Def need extra icing!

That chicken looks horrible! Yuck. Glad he liked it at least.

Have a great trip! I really want to hide in your suitcase and go with you! But I guess I will live with a post trip report when you get back..

And here we are, our last day. It's taken me so freakin' long to finish this thing, you guys are probably like, "FINALLY!!"
Yes FINALLY is about right. Too bad you can't be as expeditious as me :P

If you do not know what this is or where it came from, you don't deserve to be on the Restaurant forum. Just kidding! Kidding!!
No you are totally not getting, get out of here people :-)

My family got 4 of these for 4 people. We don't share deliciousness! Oh, and even though I always forget when I'm there, you can ask for extra frosting which I swear I will do one of these days and I will then know what heaven is like :cloud9:
I can't believe you a. had to wait 40 minutes for them but b. you all were able to get one each down :worship: I think we've only ever shared one and like you never, ever remember to ask for the extra frosting

Steve and I did something we never do and shared a meal. I normally do not share food! We shared an order of fries and the meal I got in August:

The caprese flatbread. This has to be the best QS flatbread I've had in Disney and it's way better than Disney pizza. The dough is light, crispy around the edges but not hard. It has just the right amount of balsamic and both times I've had it the tomatoes have been very fresh. I couldn't quite finish it the first time so sharing with Steve plus fries worked out.
Ok, so you can share :-) Pretty impressive looking flatbread for a QS. Reminds me of one I had at Roaring Forks a few years back

I think the chicken looked gross. Really gross. But he loved the salad and ate it all.
Gross is an understatement. Did they boil it???? Does not look good at all.

ALMOST had a clean shot with nobody in it!
You totally should have pushed that lady out of the way to get your shot :-)

Awesome dining report as always!!!!!!! Hope you are enjoying lots of that Sangria this weekend. Can't wait to hear about the new adventures

Loved your reviews, your 2nd favorite cookie at WDW is Andi's favorite cookie lol! Excited about more reports coming from you soon! I hope you are having a great time at WDW lucky lady!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter