November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

MSPeeler

DISnerd

:sail: :sail:

:welcome:

Hello! I'm so excited to be on this cruise. My name is Michelle and I will be sailing with my DH, in-laws and our 3 kids DD [12], DS [10] and DS [4]. Can't wait to see who all will be joining us!​

Cruisinig Roll Call: (alphabetical)

Ajandbellesmommy: Cruising with husband, son [6], daughter [4] , mother, MIL, FIL, BIL and his girlfriend and son.

Cindy Thomas: Cindy, husband Bill, DD [17] & DS [15]

Corinne Bodem: Corinne, husband, 3 kids [ages, 8, 10 and 11]

crazyforwdw

DisCruiseDad: Scott, wife Jen, DS [11] and DD [7]

Disneyelf10

Garcia Familia

gomagic:
Tricia

jestracker

Justin Disnatti: traveling with wife, DS [10] and DS [7]

keenanja:
DS [11], DS [8]

LCoulter: Laura, husband Bob, DD [11]

lovewdwfun: Julie, traveling with husband and 4 kids [ DS10, DD8, DS5, and DD2 ]

MSPeeler: Michelle, cruising with my husband, Dave, DD [12] , DS [10] and DS [4] , and my in-laws in connecting staterooms.

nicoleshan821

jestracker: Joan,
traveling with her husband, son and his wife.

JessLFam: Jessica
, husband, DS [5] & DS [3.5]

Sccrmnky2005: DD [5]

sjsjbrook: wife&husband, DD [16], DD [15], & DS [8]

yepbob: Lisa, husband Art, DS [12], DD [9] & DD [6]

Last edited:
Hi Laura! Nice to meet you :) We've only been on 1 cruise, the Dream back in May 2016... but we loved it and knew we'd cruise again just weren't sure how soon!

This is going to be a surprise for our kids, if I can hold it in that long, :rotfl2:

Hi - my name is Lisa and I just booked today! This will be our very first cruise ever! I will be traveling with my husband Art and our three kids Who will be DS 12, DD 9, and DD 6....

I told my kids I was going to book but haven't said anything else.... I have trouble containing my excitement so I am hoping to keep it hush for awhile ;).

My husband and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on this cruise!

Hi - my name is Lisa and I just booked today! This will be our very first cruise ever! I will be traveling with my husband Art and our three kids Who will be DS 12, DD 9, and DD 6....

I told my kids I was going to book but haven't said anything else.... I have trouble containing my excitement so I am hoping to keep it hush for awhile ;).

My husband and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary on this cruise!

Welcome Lisa! I'm with you about trying to surprise the kids. We've talked about it, but I never specified the date, so it's all up in the air to them!

That's really neat that we all have kids around the same age group!

Keeping it secret is tough, particularly when you start packing, if you are like me and start a month or more prior. I remember covering a stack of packed packing cubes with a bathrobe and blanket, and DD coming in and plopping down on it to talk to me. :rotfl2:She didn't realize a thing though.

Keeping it secret is tough, particularly when you start packing, if you are like me and start a month or more prior. I remember covering a stack of packed packing cubes with a bathrobe and blanket, and DD coming in and plopping down on it to talk to me. :rotfl2:She didn't realize a thing though.

Yes!! Thats so funny. I am really going to try and not over pack. I think my inlaws want to stay a few days in Orlando the week we return though, and goto Legoland. No Disney/Universal parks on the agenda, we did Cruise/parks last year and it was too much.

Really going to have to strategize packing for 5 for 2 weeks!

Legoland sounds fun. DH and DD did it together a few years ago and liked it....I stayed at Disney and did my own thing.

I am thinking we will fly down two days early, stay somewhere in Port Canaveral or Cocoa Beach area and do one day at Kennedy Space Center which is something DH has always wanted to do but when we are at Disney, I never want to take the time away from the parks to do something like that. I think DD will like it because she seems to be fascinated with anything history.

I'm going to try not to over pack too but I don't want to do laundry on vacation either.

I can't wait!

We are on this cruise as well, myself Leslie, husband Terry and grandaughter Ella who will be 5 at time of cruise but turning 6 just a few weeks later!
This is Terry and my 5 th cruise, twice on the Magic and this one will make it 3rd time on the Fantasy. Ella`s 1st cruise and she knows she will be going but wont know the date hopeing I can keep that a surprise! So looking forward to chatting during the next months and months of waiting,,, at least lots of time to pay it off and with the Canadian exchange it sure helps! Have a trip to Disney in 10 days going to the 20th anniversary for the dis so have that to look forward to as well as another trip down in October ,,, lots of planning but looking forward to the planning of the cruise most of all!:cloud9:

We are on this cruise as well, myself Leslie, husband Terry and grandaughter Ella who will be 5 at time of cruise but turning 6 just a few weeks later!
This is Terry and my 5 th cruise, twice on the Magic and this one will make it 3rd time on the Fantasy. Ella`s 1st cruise and she knows she will be going but wont know the date hopeing I can keep that a surprise! So looking forward to chatting during the next months and months of waiting,,, at least lots of time to pay it off and with the Canadian exchange it sure helps! Have a trip to Disney in 10 days going to the 20th anniversary for the dis so have that to look forward to as well as another trip down in October ,,, lots of planning but looking forward to the planning of the cruise most of all!:cloud9:

Wish I was going to the 20th! Have a great time and please let us know how it was.

We have a Disney trip planned in October with my brother's family who has twin 6 year old boys. My brother and his wife have only been once, about 20 years ago so they are like first timers.

Hi! I'm Julie. This will be our first cruise. I'll be traveling with my husband and our kids: DS10, DD8, DS5, and DD2 (ages at time of cruise). We're staying on Deck 7 in two connecting ocean view family rooms.

Welcome Leslie!

So fun (WDW!) i'm not familiar with the 20th anniversary of the dis is it a get together of a lot of people? Sorry if that is a stupid question lol

We usually go down every year, just got back in March, but I would really like to go down there in October. My husband and I took our honeymoon down there back in September 2002 and I remember the weather being absolutely beautiful and the crowds were nearly nonexistent!

Hi! I'm Julie. This will be our first cruise. I'll be traveling with my husband and our kids: DS10, DD8, DS5, and DD2 (ages at time of cruise). We're staying on Deck 7 in two connecting ocean view family rooms.

Hi Julie!! Welcome :) this is our first year to have a the Family Oceanview connecting rooms and I am really excited about it. Last year we had to interior state rooms connecting, with 7 people. It was pretty cramped! LOL

If you look above for the bright orange banner that says "Private Epcot After Hours Party - 20 year Dis"....that's what we are referring to. The Dis hosts this sight and are having a private party at Epcot that you could sign up for. Sounds like a lot of fun!

If you look above for the bright orange banner that says "Private Epcot After Hours Party - 20 year Dis"....that's what we are referring to. The Dis hosts this sight and are having a private party at Epcot that you could sign up for. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Oh that's awesome! You see how much I pay attention to banners? I just automatically assume they are ads, isn't that terrible?

Sounds interesting!

The ads are annoying so I don't pay too much attention to them either. I actually heard about the party from their podcast.

Thank you Michelle for the welcome... and Laura I will post pics and info on the dis anniversary when I return home! 1st dis event for me and my Daughter,, I see this morning posts on the Fantasy having issues and arriving back to port later then normal, hope it didnt effect to many with their return flights home. I am planning on taking a flight home when we cruise into Hamilton which is where we live but only flight is around 1230 with West Jet,,, taking a chance with something happening but flying home into Hamilton is so easy just 10mins away from airport,, will fly down from buffalo on southwest a few days before cruise and spend some time at parks. West Jet has odd days and flights from Hamilton to Orlando so flying from Buffalo is usually what we do,, Buffalo is just over an hour away and prices are much better from there then from Toronto which is another option for me.The exchange on the Canadian dollar makes everything even more pricey,, maybe it will rise fingers crossed! So has anyone done the fe exchange on their past cruises,, we have on some but not all but will do for this cruise since its Ella s 1st cruise. We take turns on taking the grandkids to disney or cruising, to many of them to take all at once.1 or 2 of them at a time plus I get to travel more often doing it this way lol
One day I will get my solo trip at least thats what I keep telling myself! lol:sail:

I just read that about the Fantasys first cruise after dry dock! I feel bad for those who had to go without AC and had other issues. I'm hoping Disney does something to makeup for that. We did the Mickey's back yard BBQ at WDW in march and they had technical difficulties and were unable to do the whole show, but we got to eat all the food and drink all the drinks have all the dessert, meet all the characters and watch a rope trick show and they still refunded all of our money!

I've always been interested in doing FE, but most of those organizational groups tend to venture to FB groups and I refuse to have an account there. I do hope someone will want to organize one for this group though, I've read they are very fun. Not sure if I'd partiticipate, would have to think about it really.

I've seen FE organized through these threads so maybe someone will come along to do it. i think it's against the rules to move people from this thread to FB which is fine with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter