November 2017 pre trip and trip reports

Happy thanksgiving everyone from the rock stars staying at the fort. Yesterday after working and walking dogs we headed to AK. We got to parking around 5. We had the most appropriate parking spot.

IMG_2912.JPG

From park to back of lot it is unicorn, dinosaur, giraffe and then Yeti. It was going to be fun. We went to pandora first to have dinner at Satuli Canteen. We used mobile ordering. It was awesome. Highly recommend this service. I thought the food was good and almost seemed a bit healthy. We walked to ROL FP entrance. It was an hour before the show, but the park was packed so we sat down. I really enjoyed the show but I LOVE dancing water. I enjoy watching the fountain at Epcot. To me definitely worth seeing once a trip. I don't see fantastic but maybe once every 5 years or so. Am not a fan even though sorcer Mickey is my favorite.

IMG_2917.JPG

Then to Na'vi river journey. I have not seen avatar. I thought the ride was pretty. Glad I had a FP, it was 140 minute standby by wait. Next to Nomad lounge for a drink and bread service. Got home at 9, took dogs out and then bed. We had 9 miles to do on Thursday.

Will come back for that as. It should rain mist of the day and the Disney wifi SUCKS. I loved to cable internet.

Here is hoping for better internet speeds.

We started with a 5:30 wake up alarm. Plan was to start running at 6:30 we were close. We had 9 hard miles to do. Concern was rain was supposed happen all day. I don't mind if it rains after I start but it is hard to start when it's raining. Got up and rain was pushed to afternoon but it was warm and humid. Headed to the trail that connects tos WL, guess what. The fort was holding a turkey trot 5k. I had no idea. I was bummed but they cheered for us and we had 15k to do anyways. The run was hard. I am sure it had something to do with 12 miles on Monday. We finished and again went to TE for BF. It was holiday buffet so more expensive but more food. Hand cut applewood smoked bacon. It was rich and delicious. Again we put down the food.

Next I got to watch the parade. We did not have FP till the afternoon so I watched the parade and bert napped. Then it was off to EPcot. It was not near as nutty as I expected. We did not park far out. We went on spaceship earth, then Frozen ever after. It was my first time on FEA. I LOVED it. Bert thought it was ok, fun to do once. Mind you I love the movie so I loved the ride. We took a lap around world showcase which we needed after the run. Then on to Mission Space. The movie looked great with the clean up. They ditched Gary Sinses which sucked but was good. Mind you the rain held off it was all around Disney but never hit.

It's nutty here at the fort. Some serious overflow parking. Internet is an issue so I can't load the pics. I so wish we had the cable modem.

Back at the rig. Everyone is outside enjoying the cloudy weather but no rain. We are cooking traditional dinner, steaks!

Bert's thanksgiving present is tomorrow we don't have to run or have the alarm go off at 5:30. It will be 6:30 instead. Can you feel the love?

Kris how many open sections did you have to pass up to get there??? Inquiring minds want to know.
Steaks can be very traditional , provided they are Venison or Bison. Remind Bert this is a SPECIAL TREAT not a regular occurrence.

Let’s see if I can get some pics up that should belong in the other post but the internet speeds were killing me. Yes it is still early but only 7 am. Yes Bert is resting still.

Overflow parking after getting back from Epcot.

E82CE414-99E7-4C36-9C67-B6FAFBCE66B1.jpeg

Mallory

2CB9F51E-136D-408D-AFE3-3879A7D105C8.jpeg

Dinner

C7443270-F4CF-45A8-8A60-249A26DF48AB.jpeg

Working today. It should be quiet. Would love to hit Disney Springs but not sure I can handle it.

Aspasticus on the grill That looks far too yummy. I love it sent a picture some years ago to the young woman I was working with fro BOMA when they had it out at breakfast she swears I ruined her whole day I loved it

Friday was not very eventful. We had to work. We tried mightily to sit outside but it was misting all morning.

IMG_2937.JPG

We managed till 10:30 and I was cold and damp and so were dogs. We headed inside. It was a slow work day and I had football on. Finally around 3:30 walked dogs the weather was better, no mist but still cloudy. Next to Abracadabra bar then dinner at flying fish. Dinner was excellent. That summed up Friday.

Saturday we went and picked up the fire pit, then an easy 4 mile run in the dense fog. Next onto walking dogs. Lots of people pulling out today. Mallory got lots of pets and yeti had a good walk too.

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

Dogs are ready for their nap. We are heading to AK today. We have FP for FOP.

Left for AK at 11am. We parked in Yeti again. The park is just nutty. We did EE first and then killed time till the FOP FP. I have not seen the movie but WOW the ride was amazing. With our FP from the time we went to the line till off the ride it was 45 minutes. It is kind of slow loading but was amazing. At that time the stand by wait was 210. However the ride was great so I can understand standing in that line. I would not do it myself but I understand it.

After that we had an hour until our ressie at Tiffons. I was hungry so we checked in at 1:30 for a 2:25 ressie. We went to Nomad Lounge and got the bread service. They mentioned that they were a little behind and it would be closer to ressie time. We finally got seated at 3 pm. Lunch turned into linner. We did think the food was excellent and I like the restaurant design. Bert had the duo of venison and I had the pork belly ramen. Appetizer was grilled octopus. All of it was good.

Next back to the rig. Could not stand the crowds. We did a few maintenance things and then it was walk dogs again. Yeti managed the whole thing. They both had two very good walks yesterday. Not sure how they will do today.

Internet works great at 7 am. Next it's run, brunch, and MK.

Kris hope weather has improved for you folks. Here's hoping The Rock Stars loosen up with yesterdays Exploring Adventures ( We tell the GIRLS that when we take them out we are going to Explore the Wilderness ) Know how frustrating it is when they are uncomfortable walking around. Katie did something to her right hip and in the morning she is hardly putting any weight on her leg but later in the day she is fine Pain Med helps but more so when she is up and about
Based on Bert's Lunner at TIFFIN's might have to look at it again Saw photos of Fish meal and while I Fish and eat them they are just too ugly for me

Made it in about 11 am this morning and are currently sitting outside the camper enjoying the beautiful day. Have to make a supply run in a bit, but planning to go to Disney Springs this evening....maybe a quick stop at Epcot first to meet David Doss at Art of Disney. He's signing his work today. We're in site 1402.

I love brunch at California Grille. We bring home entree so we really get two meals out of it. We do like sushi though so we eat a lot of it, for us a good value.

After our run this guy was hanging out.

IMG_2954.JPG

Next a walk with the dogs. Selfies all around today.

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

Need to go to the grocery store and fight the incredible urge to nap. Bert is already losing as I post this.

Made it in about 11 am this morning and are currently sitting outside the camper enjoying the beautiful day. Have to make a supply run in a bit, but planning to go to Disney Springs this evening....maybe a quick stop at Epcot first to meet David Doss at Art of Disney. He's signing his work today. We're in site 1402.

That's the site Flametamr had over Halloween, Harriett.

Need to go to the grocery store and fight the incredible urge to nap. Bert is already losing as I post this.

A nap on a Sunday afternoon on vacation is a WIN in my book, Kris. Bert is a WINNER! :cheer2: Especially at the Fort.

I'm enjoying your updates so thank you very much for doing them. I know they require time out of your day.

We hosted 22 people at my home on Thursday for DW family's Thanksgiving and 15 people from my family on Friday. Today the Christmas tree is going up thanks to DW and DD. But I did make my FP+ for the first week of January for our MK day yesterday. So we have ADR's and FP+ set and Magic Bands declined (we use the ones we bought over a year ago).

Less than 40 days before we pull into the Fort again.

Bama Ed

Looks like Yeti is in full Hollywood mode "Mr DeMille I am ready for my close up."
The Little Guy is "Oliver" as in " Please Sir I want some more!" but I would check with Tiggerdad to make sure

Last edited:
Nice selifies! Girl, take the nap! Oh what I would give for a nap! I can't wait for my fort nap with Charlotte!

Glad you made it in, Harriet! How long are you staying?

HarrietB glad to hear you made it in safe Hope you and your gang including your furbaby have a great time

With our FP from the time we went to the line till off the ride it was 45 minutes.
I think there are four theaters, and one or two going down can really mess with things. I went on three or four times this past trip. I'd say an average FP+ wait from beginning of line to off the ride was 20-25 minutes, but the last time literally took an hour (not great when you're trying to run around to all four parks in a day). For reference, the line usually stopped on the concrete ramps leading to the theaters or possibly when walking by the labs... for the bad time, the FP+ line was even outside those caves that you walk by at the beginning (and not even really close to them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter