November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

SOCIAL SATURDAY

Yesterday Disney announced Park Hopping will resume in January. Do you hop? What is your touring style? What does your perfect Disney day look like? What is your favorite Disney memory?

Attachments

• 1605970912091.png
    1605970912091.png
    784.1 KB · Views: 0
I was happy to see that hopping is coming back and will be available during my March trip because I am a hopper for sure. Assuming I'm going that is, the way things are now it is hard to predict what March will be like.

My typical WDW day is to get to the park around rope drop, hit some low wait-time things first and then do my FP+ which would ideally be booked from 11am to 1pm. After that head back to the resort for a shower and a nap and then head out again around 5pm-ish, usually ending the day at EPCOT with a nice sit down dinner and stroll around World Showcase.

My last trip was really slow going as I wasn't feeling well and it was during hot sweaty stormy June. I had just figured out the lectin thing and wasn't managing it well yet so did have some problematic meals. Plus I had taken my CDB epsom salt foot soak with me not realizing how CDB makes me so sleepy, so there were a lot of naps and early nights because I would just conk out!

Favorite memories would probably be the travel-with-auntie trips, when I took my Niece and Nephews. For 15 years/trips or so I always went to EPCOT first day and rode Spaceship Earth first thing, so walking in when you get under the ball and it gets breezy and the smell changes and you hear the music is one of my favorite things.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

View attachment 539530

Yesterday Disney announced Park Hopping will resume in January. Do you hop? What is your touring style? What does your perfect Disney day look like? What is your favorite Disney memory?
1. We used to hop, back in the day when we stayed at All Stars Music and were all-day park people. That was 17 years ago before my knees got bad. We no longer get park hoppers.

2. We are now early morning, rope drop park people. Back to the resort for lunch, then pool all afternoon. We don't return to the parks at night. The crowds became too much for us (pre-pandemic.)

3. The perfect day is: Magic Kingdom in the early morning with photos in front of the castle before people arrive, then breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. Back to the Polynesian for lunch, lounging at the Oasis pool at a rented patio, eating the cheddar cheeseburger and drinking a Captain's Mai Tai, followed up with a rum-spiked Dole Whip for dessert. Dinner at Narcoossee's followed by a fireworks cruise. Other dining favorites include California Grill and viewing fireworks on the restaurant's deck and 'Ohana viewing fireworks from the Polynesian. Let's not forget Trader Sams.

4. There are more amazing memories than I could possibly mention, but most of them involve a CM going above and beyond.

We hop when we travel with our daughter’s family, but for at least a couple days my husband and I go to the pool in the morning, have lunch and go to a park in the afternoon. We do a few attractions and then have dinner-we usually share appetizers and I have a martini :)
So many wonderful memories-my daughter and grandson’s first trips were special. We’ve come across so many lovely cms over the years.
Here’s hoping we can return to our happy place very soon!

We used to park hop, but not as much now mostly to save money on the tickets. When we did park hop, we would go to the early magic hour park at rope drop, leave around 2 for a little swim. Then go back for dinner to the park that had late mage hours. That’s how I would wear everyone out. So now our disney trips are more relaxed (although my one rule is to always be at the park for rope drop.

The first memory that popped into mind was the time my daughter was tired, so my husband took her back to the room for bed(he was tired too). My son wanted to stay. So we started to see how many fastpasses we could get. This was during the early stages of fastpass+ when you had to go to a kiosk to get more. We could only do the original three online or on the app. We stayed in the park until the kiss goodnight. He was thrilled to be up so late. I was thrilled to have that special time with him (he was just entering those tween years). The best part was a year or so later, someone asked him his favorite park. The answer had always been Epcot because he loves Test Track. But that time he changed his answer to Magic Kingdom because he loved that night as much as I did:love:

Another favorite memory was from the trip when I took my daughter with a mother/daughter friend of ours. We had reservations at the castle for before the park opened. And they chose our daughters to open the castle for breakfast. Their faces were so precious! It was amazing!

This is fun! I love going back over all my favorite Disney memories. There were so many. Like the time we were the only ones on a boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness lodge, so we got to stop and watch the fireworks from the lake.

Or the time we got the theme park view rooms at The Contemporary and watched Wishes from the balcony with my parents (who usually opt to pass on the crowded parks during firework).

so many wonderful memories...even the things some people think are bad things...like the time we got stuck on Splash Mountain with my parents and sister. We had the whole boat to ourselves and enjoyed taking some selfies. Then enjoyed all the backstage stuff as we exited. And could really appreciate the plans they have in place in case there is a need for evacuation.

Or the fun times getting soaked in the rains. Or running to catch a bus to make it to dinner in time. Or our magic bands not working for our dining credits and then being gifted an extra meal because they had to reset our dining plan(plus it took about 2 hours to get it straightened out).

So many great memories! Hope to go make some more soon. (I just got Boulder Ridge for my son and I in June. Fingers crossed we can go this time).

Sleeping in was top of the agenda this morning. Aside from that my self-care this weekend is getting stuff done. I put outdoor lights up yesterday and decided to go all out this year when my neighbor got so excited they were going up. She ended up getting her lights out and the neighbors across the street are doing theirs today. First thing this morning I ran up to the hardware store to get more.

Right now I’m sitting in the parking lot at Michaels looking for more shatterproof white ornaments to finish decorating the tree. Want to get in and out before many other people show up.
In addition to shatterproof balls I pulled out some felt ornaments I made 10 or so years ago and it reminded me I really haven’t been doing much crafting lately, so I ordered felt yesterday and will be crafting my way to happiness soon.

I cooked! I made a pot of beef stew, a pot of chili, enough pulled pork to use in fajitas one day and bbq sandwiches another day, and my nephews favorite “taco pasta”. A few meals for the week (aside from Thanksgiving).

I cleaned out my drawers and closet last night while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. And I watched another Hallmark Christmas movie today while I was cooking. Lunches are prepped for school too. Only 3 days this week. I can do it. We can do it.

I cooked! I made a pot of beef stew, a pot of chili, enough pulled pork to use in fajitas one day and bbq sandwiches another day, and my nephews favorite “taco pasta”. A few meals for the week (aside from Thanksgiving).

I cleaned out my drawers and closet last night while watching a Hallmark Christmas movie. And I watched another Hallmark Christmas movie today while I was cooking. Lunches are prepped for school too. Only 3 days this week. I can do it. We can do it.
I am making your crockpot chicken chili tomorrow-family arrives tomorrow and we can have it for dinner with plenty of leftovers. I have ingredients for pulled pork as well. I love having food in the fridge for lunches.

I went through a very challenging time in my early twenties, when my mother was dying of cancer, and I read the book, The Power of Positive Thinking, by Norman Vincent Peale. During my lunch breaks, I would walk to a park, sit under an old tree, and read this book which I borrowed from the library. It was my lifeline. I have always been a woman of faith, and in moments of fear and hopelessness, I have strived to think positively.

In the midst of this pandemic, I have had nightmares and really struggled to remain positive. Overall, I feel like have focused more on positivity than negativity. I am definitely a "glass half full" kind of girl. I truly believe that remaining positive led me to my new position as a kindergarten teacher. I have a new lease on life. Instead of pondering on how soon I could retire, I'm thinking of new and creative ways to teach these kids during the pandemic, and when things get back to normal...because I truly believe that they will one day.

I'm positive.

I went through a very challenging time in my early twenties, when my mother was dying of cancer, and I read the book, The Power of Positive Thinking, by Norman Vincent Peale. During my lunch breaks, I would walk to a park, sit under an old tree, and read this book which I borrowed from the library. It was my lifeline. I have always been a woman of faith, and in moments of fear and hopelessness, I have strived to think positively.

In the midst of this pandemic, I have had nightmares and really struggled to remain positive. Overall, I feel like have focused more on positivity than negativity. I am definitely a "glass half full" kind of girl. I truly believe that remaining positive led me to my new position as a kindergarten teacher. I have a new lease on life. Instead of pondering on how soon I could retire, I'm thinking of new and creative ways to teach these kids during the pandemic, and when things get back to normal...because I truly believe that they will one day.

I'm positive.
I’m so glad your switch to kindergarten was the change you hoped it would be!

I am a positive person-I don’t think you can work in education if you’re not!
I think surrounding yourself with positive people is important. Although my family and friends are concerned and worried at times these past 8 months, we talk often and always focus on the encouraging news and assure each other better days are ahead.

7DC74A63-EDDC-486A-A70B-1BFB7BA85023.jpeg

I was a total and absolute sloth this weekend. Saturday I had the best day! I read and worked on a puzzle the entire day--well, I fed family and did a load of laundry, too. Today has been pretty much the same. The puzzle is Disney villians and is 1500 pieces. DH and I joke that we'll still be doing it at Christmas!

We are park hoppers and rope droppers! Last July when DH and I did our first trip without kids, we would have to go back to the hotel for a break late in the afternoon. I was just too tired and way too hot! A couple hours of AC and I'd be good for a few more hours of park time.

Five years ago we were there New Year's. We were at Hollywood Studios and came off Tower of Terror just at midnight. When fireworks ended, I wanted an ice cream cone. The CM gave it to me for free, wishing me a Happy New Year! He'd been watching us oohhhing and aaahhhing over fireworks. It was unexpected and wonderful! Tons of little things like that that just make it such a great place to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!