November 2020

Hi.

We are six adults staying in a GV at SSR for my 30th wedding anniversary. We are going to two parks, Epcot and AK. The dates are set since the trip also includes golf.

For our park days, would you do Epcot on a Wednesday that is Veteran’s Day or a Friday? I am the planner for six adults, three couples, and having a hard time deciding.

Whatever day we don‘t do Epcot, we will be doing AK.

I really want to finalize the park days before we get shut out. If Wednesday wasn’t Veteran’s day, I would do Epcot but now not so sure. Right now I have us foing to AK Wednesday, Veteran’s Day and Epcot on Friday.
First of all, congrats on 30 years! That's awesome. I'm not an expert, but what I've seen first hand at Epcot and on the review boards is Epcot tends to be busier over the weekend. The Food & Wine Festival doesn't end until Nov22, so Friday could be busier. Personally I would do Epcot on Wednesday, but only you can decide what's best for your group. I'd see if anyone else here has better information, but I would not expect Veteran's day to yield more visitors at Epcot than a Friday night.

Hi.

We are six adults staying in a GV at SSR for my 30th wedding anniversary. We are going to two parks, Epcot and AK. The dates are set since the trip also includes golf.

For our park days, would you do Epcot on a Wednesday that is Veteran’s Day or a Friday? I am the planner for six adults, three couples, and having a hard time deciding.

Whatever day we don‘t do Epcot, we will be doing AK.

I really want to finalize the park days before we get shut out. If Wednesday wasn’t Veteran’s day, I would do Epcot but now not so sure. Right now I have us foing to AK Wednesday, Veteran’s Day and Epcot on Friday.
I think you made the right decision but with this year who the heck knows anymore...

Sent the first message quickly. More details: Currently seeing availability for dinner at 4 of the 5 open TS spots. Liberty Tree is not avail. CRT, BOG, Jungle, TT are.

I checked up to Nov. 26. Same story on Nov 25th. 4 of 5 have dinner slots avail. I don't see much else in the other 3 parks. Very little also in resort TS spots. Almost wonder if WDW found a way to increase capacity at those spots.

HS and AK didn't extend hours for my dates/park ressies, but I don't know why nothing later isn't opening for Epcot!

I got the notice from touring plans and the same thing. We snagged be our guest at 7:55, but I have two 11 year-olds that eat almost nothing. Will I be required to pay the $67 for each one of them since they are over the age of nine?

I got the notice from touring plans and the same thing. We snagged be our guest at 7:55, but I have two 11 year-olds that eat almost nothing. Will I be required to pay the $67 for each one of them since they are over the age of nine?

I believe so. :(

Honestly, the only way out of this is to be dishonest. lol (which I'm not recommending)

We have had the same issue in prior years. They do charge the adult price, but are willing to provide any mix of food options. For example, at CRT, my DD10 (at the time) was able to get the beloved chicken chunks as an adult meal. They piled them on, but it's def annoying to pay that much for kids nuggets. She had the adult app and dessert.

EDIT: my DD14 said she doesn't like the menu at BOG either, so I told her I'd get her some nuggets and I'll gladly eat her filet! :banana:

Last edited:
HS and AK didn't extend hours for my dates/park ressies, but I don't know why nothing later isn't opening for Epcot!
Similar. I saw nothing new for these 3 parks. I would have thought for sure Epcot with it's extended hours to 10pm. even AK to 8pm

Honestly, the only way out of this is to be dishonest. lol (which I'm not recommending)

We have had the same issue in prior years. They do charge the adult price, but are willing to provide any mix of food options. For example, at CRT, my DD10 (at the time) was able to get the beloved chicken chunks as an adult meal. They piled them on, but it's def annoying to pay that much for kids nuggets. She had the adult app and dessert.

EDIT: my DD14 said she doesn't like the menu at BOG either, so I told her I'd get her some nuggets and I'll gladly eat her filet! :banana:

That's good to know - at least we can order food they will eat, even if nuggets cost $60!!! Weighing it out - I'm mostly booking it to be in the almost empty park after hours. Actually just switched to Cinderella's Castle. They've been to BOG for breakfast, but not eaten in the castle... think that may be the better experience versus just a brief glimpse of the Beast.

That's good to know - at least we can order food they will eat, even if nuggets cost $60!!! Weighing it out - I'm mostly booking it to be in the almost empty park after hours. Actually just switched to Cinderella's Castle. They've been to BOG for breakfast, but not eaten in the castle... think that may be the better experience versus just a brief glimpse of the Beast.
What time/day did you get CRT? I like the weighing it out comment...I always somehow find myself landing on the "book it" side. :)
I've been told many times on these boards....don't ever expect the "empty park". In most cases, it's true....but we've enjoyed the limited crowds. Particularly at late night events and the Early Morning Magic (our absolute fav!). My girls wholeheartedly love eating in the Castle. They have chosen that over many other things (including shopping!).

What time/day did you get CRT? I like the weighing it out comment...I always somehow find myself landing on the "book it" side. :)
I've been told many times on these boards....don't ever expect the "empty park". In most cases, it's true....but we've enjoyed the limited crowds. Particularly at late night events and the Early Morning Magic (our absolute fav!). My girls wholeheartedly love eating in the Castle. They have chosen that over many other things (including shopping!).

I got CRR at 7:50 on Friday, Nov. 13 - so as long as park still closes at 8 p.m., we'll probably keep it. :) - I'll be sure to watch if park hours change the week of. Yay for a little less people and eating our chicken nuggets in the castle!! 🤣 :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter