Official November 2021!

Hoping to join this thread! We are Jersey Weekers but not going this year Bc we had planned DLR instead! Now it’s not opening which is a bummer but sticking with a California trip. So sights set on 11/3-11/7/21 for our 5th trip. For the past two trips we stayed at Dolphin all on Marriott points and we loved staying in that area. We won’t have the points for next November to cover five nights again (COVID halted all travel for hubby and that’s how we rack up the points). Excited to try a new hotel! I’d lean towards renting DVC but that’s getting me too nervous. We appreciate space on these trips. Kids will be 10 (closer to 11) and 8 (closer to 9). I also want to see when Wine and Dine is Bc I was supposed to run Princess and that was cancelled. Enjoy the planning everyone!

November 5th-12th here!!! Still don't have a resort looked down. Hoping to rent DVC points for Poly!

Joining this thread. Father/son (will be 13) trip scheduled for November 15 - 20, 2021. We rescheduled from November 2020. Staying at CBR. I’m planning to tell him about the trip for his birthday in September. Now I just need to figure out how to keep this a secret for 10 months...

Joining this thread. Father/son (will be 13) trip scheduled for November 15 - 20, 2021. We rescheduled from November 2020. Staying at CBR. I’m planning to tell him about the trip for his birthday in September. Now I just need to figure out how to keep this a secret for 10 months...

Oh my goodness I can’t imagine keeping this type of secret that long. I bought my DH and DM who is joining us on our trip some Disney and Universal masks, shirts, and gift cards for the holidays to use then. We are an interfaith couple so celebrate both Chanukah and Christmas and I can’t wait until I have given them everything and I bought the stuff online in Oct so it will be a total of 2 months hiding this and that is nothing near as big as yours and this length is enough for me.

Today is our 365 day mark! We are here now for a mostly resort-only trip and I’m so hopeful we can go next November. Honestly though we may push it out if masks and COVID stuff are still going on. The masks definitely interfere with my vacation personally and at Disney springs we had to wait in line to enter stores...I just love wandering into shop to shop. So I’m super greatful to be here and having an amazing time with my babies but hopefully November 2021 won’t be pushed to spring 2022. The Christmas decorations really add to the trip- to my surprise they’re up at a bunch of resorts already.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I can’t imagine keeping this type of secret that long.

Tell me about it! The worst part is that I've had the original trip (originally supposed to leave tomorrow) planned and paid for in January 2020. I remember I booked it with 301 days on my countdown calendar, which I think was around the 20th. So in total I will have waited 21(ish) months to tell my son about the trip.

I could get sad about tomorrow being my original departure day but bumping it to 2021 has some advantages, such as he'll be 13 at the time, hopefully some additional rides will be open, and we will be there for the 50th. Plus, I paid for it so long ago that it'll basically be like a free trip once it rolls around :). We also originally planned to stay at POP, which seems like a great hotel, but I think my son will love CBR (as will I).

Beach - thanks for reminding me! We are doing Universal for a few days first so tomorrow will be 365 days and then Thursday it will be for Disney!

WNY - we will be at CBR as well but come in the day before you leave. We have not stayed there in 20 years so are looking forward to being there again.

Beach - thanks for reminding me! We are doing Universal for a few days first so tomorrow will be 365 days and then Thursday it will be for Disney!

WNY - we will be at CBR as well but come in the day before you leave. We have not stayed there in 20 years so are looking forward to being there again.

That's great! This will be my first "adult" trip to Disney (I'm mid-30s), so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've wondered how you all have dealt with planning for your trip. I'm a planner and love to have everything thought out, but that seems impossible right now. I think even in normal times, planning would have been difficult a year out, but more so this year. I almost feel like I need to "forget" about the trip for a few months and then begin to "plan" it in Feb. or March. Right now I check these boards a couple times a day, along with a few others, so that I keep up with all things WDW. But I guess that's starting to feel obsessive. Am I crazy? How are you dealing with not going overboard with Disney fever?

We don’t have kids it is just my DH and I and my DM comes along as well. None of her friends like to travel so usually except for this year we go on 1 summer trip together and then every few years visit Disney around holiday time. Even the years we do not visit I go on these boards just about every day sometimes a few times a day as talking about Disney always cheers me up. As you can see you are not alone. Even before this year where we have the park reservation system I have always decided which park or parks (we get park hoppers) on which days. Not sure if they will bring PH back by the time we go. I have this piece of paper where I will write down each date and then the park. Then closer to the time which used to be 180 days for making ADRs would figure out which days to try for which ones and write that down on the sheet. The other members of my family have food allergies so we pretty much eat all meals at TS. A little before the can’t remember if it was 60 or 90 days for FPs would figure that out as well. Rught now they do not have them and the ADR date changed so we will have to continue monitoring the situation.

I forgot to mention I already got holiday gifts for DH and DM online from Etsy a few Disney masks they have all sorts of designs. We had previously bought Disney shirts from there but since we are doing a few days in Universal got a Universal shirt and mask as well. I also got them a Disney and Universal gift card and other things not related to the trip. Of course I got masks and the shirt for me as well. Hope this helps if anyone needs ideas.

Hoping to join this group soon. We have a Spring Break trip that I'll be modifying soon when DVC opens up. We went last year Thanksgiving week and it was magical. We would definitely do Thanksgiving dinner at Whispering Canyon again. Resort hopping to see decorations is another one. One "don't" learned is to never attend an Epcot festival on opening day again. We tried Festival of the Holidays and it was madness!

So, with most, if not all, of us now under 12 months (unless you have a late November trip planned), what's everyone's plans for booking air travel? I believe some of the larger US carriers allow for booking around 11 months out, but many of the budget carriers only release 6 or so months prior, which sometimes drives down the prices of the larger carriers too. Are you waiting? Booking now? Undecided?

I've looked at some spring 2021 threads and I've seen a fair number of people saying that they wished they had booked airfare months ago because prices have only increased.

For me, with COVID, it's really hard to predict what prices will do in the summer if vaccines prove successful and/or virus numbers drop considerably. I know there's still a lot up in the air, but it's certainly a possibility that must be considered.

It's been a while since I've booked air travel this far in advanced and I was curious if anyone else had any thoughts.

We always do SW which does not open up until 5 or 6 months before the trip. I hate waiting but it is best for us as we can get non stop and a lot of choices of flights even though we like to take the first or second flight of a day to have more park time. If we book the day it opens usually get good prices.

So, with most, if not all, of us now under 12 months (unless you have a late November trip planned), what's everyone's plans for booking air travel? I believe some of the larger US carriers allow for booking around 11 months out, but many of the budget carriers only release 6 or so months prior, which sometimes drives down the prices of the larger carriers too. Are you waiting? Booking now? Undecided?

I've looked at some spring 2021 threads and I've seen a fair number of people saying that they wished they had booked airfare months ago because prices have only increased.

For me, with COVID, it's really hard to predict what prices will do in the summer if vaccines prove successful and/or virus numbers drop considerably. I know there's still a lot up in the air, but it's certainly a possibility that must be considered.

It's been a while since I've booked air travel this far in advanced and I was curious if anyone else had any thoughts.

Alaska is allowing changes without a fee if a flight is purchased before the end of the year, or you can cancel it entirely and take it all as credit for a future flight. I'm tempted but my husband would rather wait until we have been vaccinated and see how the world is shaping up. I think this ONE time, I will just pay the higher price when we are 100% going rather than try to get a good 'deal'.

We fly Delta for Florida trips, and I'm planning to book as soon as our dates open up in a few weeks. Flights booked through the end of the year have the change flexibility @AquaDame mentioned above, so we're going for it, fully recognizing that we may need to switch our tickets if things don't feel safe enough for us as the trip gets closer.

I stalk daily for United to open up for our dates (even though I know what the date is that they will open up). I want the flights on the books!

If we were flying this time I would book the day they come out. We only fly Southwest to MCO, so it’s flexible.

I am very happy to be driving this trip.

So our flight down on United from Jersey posted today. Jersey Week is historically very high for flights b/c the whole state seems to travel somewhere, especially Orlando. So I jumped on one way tickets down. SOOOOO cheap - kind of crazy. Let's hope that when the return flights post they aren't triple!!!!! At least as of now, we are booked to head down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter