November 5-9 Girls Trip Pre-Trip report

sciencegrrl

Earning My Ears
So, after 3.5 years of avoiding Orlando, we are coming back! What have we been doing since the DW vacation?

Camping in Idaho twice (I LOVE Sandpoint - the cutest place!), a road trip on our Can Am Spyder, 2 trips to Puerto Vallarta, 1 trip to Maui, camping along the coast of Oregon while riding quads, 1 trip to Yuma with a side trip to Glamis to ride quads, and NO amusement parks. That is now about to change.

My mother, myself, and my now 26 year old (he was the teen in the 2009 pictures) are the Harry Potter fans in the family. Unfortunately, my son has to work and is going to school (to date, he is on the 8 year plan - eye roll here). It will be mom (adventurous 70+ year old) and me (adventurous 50+ year old).

We have been talking about visiting Universal Orlando for a while, but just couldn't find good airfares that would justify it. When I can go to Mexico or Hawaii for almost the same price, well..... We finally found decent priced air fares but it will mean that I have to take my personal days from work but oh well, I have 4 days built up.

I posted a trip report in March 2014 under my husband's account. Here is a link that hopefully works. If not, hopefully a moderator knows how to fix it. The picture thing is wonky, but I think you can click on them and see them. If not, let me know and I will ask my computer savvy 24 year old to figure it out, heehee.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...eek-2014-2-updates-4-6.3256408/#post-51137906

Anyway, this is my start. I will add updates but now I have to water the garden and pick beans, cukes, and tomatoes. 50+ days of no rain in Tacoma = daily watering.

Photobucket have taken all the links and you can't see the pictures anymore unless you upgrade and pay $400 a year for 3rd party hosting.

Many of us have lost many pics shown on the boards from years over this.

Nice start though......sounds a fun trip.........

I can do some things as a mod but can't do a thing for the blanked out pics for those that used photo bucket.

We lost a lot of great pictures when they hiked the price up to use them for many of the threads throughout the Disboards.

How is everyone posting pics after the photobucket problem? I want to update our plans and add pictures.

Thanks in advance!

How is everyone posting pics after the photobucket problem? I want to update our plans and add pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Yep, I joined Smugmug.

Fantastic site and so easy to use. I think the basic options for photo sharing will cost $57 a year.

A friend of mine joined imgur but it was suggested they're going to charge in the future too, no idea if this is correct or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!