• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now Bring Me That Horizon! Our Pirate Adventure! March 20-27, 2010

cjemscott

Mouseketeer
This is my first pretrip - Hope you enjoy!

Let me introduce my family first:

me! Erin ~ We live in Indiana. I'm a Dental Hygienist and a WDW freak! :thumbsup2 This will be my 7th time to WDW

Hubs! Corey ~ He is a PE teacher and high school basketball coach. It will be his 2nd time to WDW

DS! Jack ~ 6 years old - Loves Disney (especially Buzz Lightyear ride in MK - it will be his 4th time to WDW

DS! Ben ~ 4 years old (Ben will turn 5 while we are at The World) - He loves "the Disney Castle" - It will be his 3rd time to WDW

This is me!

This is Corey and Boys (with their Tiger Scout father/son Tank Cake)

This will be our first full week family trip to WDW! We love the POTC movies and decided that we would theme our vacation around them - So we are staying at Carribbean Beach Resort in a Pirate Room, going to have the boys get their new pirate names and makeover at The Pirate's League in MK, and also they get to go on a Pirate Cruise from CBR! I can't wait!

Any suggestions on how to add to our Pirate Adventure would be appreciated!

Great start!! Sounds like you're well on your way to a fantastic vacation. I love the fact that they have something for boys now, it's been a long time coming.....

Our WDW past....

In 2007 My brother decided to run the WDW Marathon so my mom, Jack and I came along to support him - That was the beginning of Jack and I's WDW obsession! We came back the next year and my brother ran the Marathon again, but this time my mom and I ran the 1/2 marathon and we brought Ben with us too! He loved it just as much as Jack and I did! Both times we were only there for a long weekend but we tried to see as much as we could.......but we wanted to bring Corey and stay a whole week!

This is my mom and us with our 3D glasses on!

Spring Break 2009 was supposed to be our year for our WDW week but some financial things prevented it so we decided to go to my aunts house in Clearwater instead (free lodging on the beach - can't beat that!) and at the last minute decided to surprise the boys with 1 night at WDW! We stayed at ASMovies which we loved! We went to MK and AK - and Corey surprised me by saying we have to come back next year!

So we are.........and I can't wait! Here are some pics from last year........

Corey and I at the entrance of MK

The Boys with their Ears on...

and them watching the parade at AK

Great start!! Sounds like you're well on your way to a fantastic vacation. I love the fact that they have something for boys now, it's been a long time coming.....

Me too! I can't believe Disney has not capitilzed on the POTC franchise more! We need a pirate restaurant also! :)

After much research and asking lots of questions here is our itinerary! I get so excited when I see this! :yay:

Note: We have the Dining Plan 1 cs, 1 ts (I love the dining plan!)

Arrive Saturday - this might be our day to tour other resorts while we are waiting for our room...and probably downtown disney too! and then we have ressies for Chef Mickeys @ 7:35pm - we've never done Chef Mickeys and my thoughts are that we get to start our trip with the Fab 5 and see The Castle and maybe Wishes! Great way to get our Disney on!

Sunday: MK dinner at Crystal Palace

Monday: Hollywood Studios; dinner at 50's Cafe

Tuesday: Day around resort - Jack and Ben will have their pirate cruise in the morning and we have ressies at Shutters that night

Wednesday: BEN'S BIRTHDAY!!!! Epcot; dinner ressies at Coral Reef

Thursday: AK; then we are heading over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Friday: MK; dinner at LTT

Saturday: We may go to a spring training game for the Braves - I still have to look into this.....Then head home after the best week ever!

We are driving from Indiana....We may get to the Orlando area Friday night - think we will probably just stay close to DTD. If anyone has any suggestions for an affordable hotel near there.....and I'd love any input on our schedule too! :chat:

Wanna see the autograph book I made? I wanted something a little different, but easy for the characters to use - so I made these flip books using DISsigns from the Creative forum! Can't wait to use them - on the back is a page that says "if you find this book please mail it to ____ or call ______" I'm pretty proud of them!

autographbook2.jpg

autographbook.jpg

:blush: and I just noticed that Jack's say 2009 - I made them when we thought we were going last year - that's an easy fix - but you get the idea! lol

Your schedule looks great:thumbsup2 We have never been to Chef Mickey's either, but my 5 and 9 year old nieces love it there.

Love WCC and LTT....probably 2 of my favorite places to eat on property.

You are a very talented lady, I love the autograph books......:worship:

Sounds like your boys will have a blast! :cool1: Great idea for the autograph books! :goodvibes

Your schedule looks great:thumbsup2 We have never been to Chef Mickey's either, but my 5 and 9 year old nieces love it there.

Love WCC and LTT....probably 2 of my favorite places to eat on property.
I love LTT too and will miss the characters this time! When the boys and I went with my mom we did the character dinner and they loved it! And we loved the food, so at least Corey will be able to experience that.

Here are some pics from that meal in 2008....awesome memories!

037_37.jpg

036_36.jpg

042_42.jpg

038_38.jpg

Love the pictures!! I miss the characters at LTT. We still went and had dinner there this summer, but it definitely wasn't the same. One of our best WDW memories happened in that restaurant...we had just been seated and all of a sudden Jasmine looked at the picturn behind my head and said "Mom, is that Aretha Franklin"....we were travelling with friends and Kevin just about spit out everything he had in his mouth....it was Benjamin Franklin....we still ask her everytime "who's that on the wall" she was 8 on that trip.

Here's a little update!

WDW is officially paid and everything is coming together now! We have 3 weeks and 6 days according to my ticker! WOOOOO! :banana:

We are driving from Indiana and getting into Orlando area on the 19th but our WDW package does not start until the 20th. I booked a room at the Holiday Inn next to Downtown Disney for that night...Might eat at T-Rex restuarant that night, we loved it last time!

I also booked The Rookie Experience at Richard Petty's Driving Experience for the 20th as a SURPRISE for Corey! :drive: I can't wait to tell him - I'm hoping that I can keep my mouth shut until then! lol

Jack and Ben are getting excited...I told them yesterday that it was only one more month and they started yelling "YAY!" and Jack said "Ben, we've waiting so long, one more month will be easy!" So true! :thumbsup2

Hey, we are eating at Crystal Palace the same night! I think we have 6:50 rezzies. I'll have a daughter dressed in a Belle dress and a son in a cowboy hat. :banana:. Ill have our Lime Green Tags. Ill look out for ya. :hippie:

We are also staying at CBR The same days as you.:dance3:

Hey, we are eating at Crystal Palace the same night! I think we have 6:50 rezzies. I'll have a daughter dressed in a Belle dress and a son in a cowboy hat. :banana:. Ill have our Lime Green Tags. Ill look out for ya. :hippie:

We are also staying at CBR The same days as you.:dance3:

That's so cool! I'm not sure what mine will have on that day....but I guess our pics are in the first couple of posts, huh! lol

We do not live close to a Home Depot so I havn't found the Lime Green Mickey paint chips yet...But I'll look for yours!

We have never stayed at CBR so I guess we will both be first timers for that! :)

Looks like you have planned a fabulous vaca! We are also going to CBR (May 2010) and have made ressies at the Pirate League and the Pirate cruise from CBR. I hope you report on those when you get back! Adorable pics! I did my first pre-trip report today (or started it). It is a great way to get excited for the trip! We also have similiar dining plans :thumbsup2.

I guess great minds think alike.:cool1:. The only reason I know my daughter will have on a Belle dress is I bought it for her as a surprize, to wear that morning as she has a rezzie at Bibbiti Bobbiti. That's her "day of Beauty" day. I am now hoping my kids make it from 10 am till 9 at night... Im starting to think my son may tucker out. We will probably try to get to the resort to rest and then get back for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter