Nutty PAP Upgrade Question

DVC California

Good Old DVC
This past July we decided to save some money by using leftover days from old Park Hoppers. We weren't going to do the rides that much; planning on doing a lot of Blizzard Beach (love Teamboat Springs) and Disney Quest. Guess what...Disney has a Water Park + Disney Quest AP that seemed pretty reasonable with DC discount. We had a really great time, going to BB twice and DQ almost everynight.

However, with all the special events happening with Walt's 100th, we're starting to get that itch again. We may try to do an Easter trip or maybe next June.

Do you think that we would be able to upgrade our water park/DQ AP to a Premium Annual Pass? Based on some previous posts about upgrading, I think it's possible.

Okay, here comes the nutty part: Do you think they would prorate the cost of the PAP based on the amount of time left on my existing pass? I've heard others doing it the other way around, buying regular AP's for a fall or winter trip, and upgrading to a PAP the following summer, and being charged a pro-rated price.

It won't make or break our decision to go, but "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Thanks, Steve

I'd say more than likely they would have to pro-rate the upgrade to regular PAP.

I know for sure about going from AP to PAP. We're planning to do that in November, and we've already called and have the calculated upgrade amount.

Interested to learn what you find out. :)

Eeyore's Pal -

Could you tell me how to figure out the pro-rated price? Who did you call? We were thinking about upgrading our APs in November - they expire in December. I would love to know what the cost would be for the upgrade.

Thanks,
Carole

Posted by GoldenOldie -

Annual Passholders Hotline: 407-560-7277

Well sure...we could always call WDW directly. But it's much more fun when we talk behind their backs! <vbg>

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter