O.K. need some last minute tips for upcoming Honeymoon trip

wendy74

Magic Kingdom Maniac
I am getting nervous about everything going well for the wedding and our honeymoon:earseek: :earseek: I wanted some last minute tips on not to miss attractions and off the beaten path things to see and do:smooth: I know that everyone here has a ton of great info and experience. Also aside from the Disney tips if anyone wants to throw in any last minute wedding day tips that will be greatly appreciated:wave:

Hey there... Congratulations on this very special time in your life. We were married on 11/26/99 and spent two glorious
weeks in Disney (at the Wilderness Lodge) for our honeymoon. We had the absolute time of our lives!

Tips....

Get the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom hats and wear them everywhere... I can't tell you how many free things we got (from dessert to champagne to pictures) just by wearing the hats.

Tell everyone that you are on your honeymoon... we got a free room upgrade (view and a king size bed) just for mentioning it (and wearing our silly hats!)

Take lots and lots of pictures... ask people to snap some of you both, no one minds at all.

Take time to soak in the pool, swing in the double hammock, and relax under the moonlight.

Don't miss the Hoop De Doo Revue... they made us get up and dance while everyone cheered. (We did leave the hats in the room this night, but someone asked us why were in WDW and we told them), a late night dinner at Tonys Town Square in the MK was very romantic...

As far as the wedding, relax and enjoy your special day. Be sure to eat the meal when it is served (you'll need your energy) and dance the night away.

Good luck! Sorry this is so long!
Kristy

Thank you Kristy:jester: The hat idea is great and I think that they are really cute. The only problem with that is that it will be hard to get my soon to be DH to wear one:p

wendy74,

Congrats...almost 14 years ago we spent our honeymoon at wdw, the Poly...we had a wonderful time.

A tip for your wedding day...take two minutes to just step back, take a deep breath and take it all in...the day will go so quickly...so take a minute to enjoy it.

One of our favorite things to do at disney is:

when you are exiting the sound show at MGM..there are booths..go in and listen to the 3d sound show...I love the hair cut part...it is so cool...we have to do it twice in a row, because I always start laughing when the blow dryer is going...just feels too real!

I don't think your new hubby will mind the disney wedding hat...it is a black top hat...very cool.

Congrats!

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge in October, 1997 and then decided we can't get enough of Disney. We have since become DVC members!

Just to reiterate was mentioned in a previous post, tell EVERYONE you're on your honeymoon. You'll get complimentary desserts, drinks, etc!

Have a great time!

Make sure you go to Jellyrolls Piano Bar on the Boardwalk and tell them it's your honeymoon, you'll get some "special" treatment there, too!
:p

Was just in MGM today. My whole trip I same those hats and thought they were pretty neat but today I saw the Brides hat that is the pink Pincess' hat with a veil and the grooms was a tall black hat on someone. So I guess there are different kinds. Have a BLAST!!

Thanks for all of the great info. so far. I get married next friday June 8th so the butterflies are beginning to materialize in my stomach:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:
I am really hoping for some Pixie Dust for my wedding day and for WDW on our honeymoon. I am defintately not expecting any special treatment from any CM's but it would be a special surprise if we got some PD. I am also hoping we run into some nice parkgoers who are willing to take some pictures of us together. I wish that everyone from the DIS was going with us because I KNOW that ya'll would all be nice enough to stop and take a picture for us:sunny: I really hope that I run into alot of DISers down there June 10th through the 17th so that we can stop and say:wave: HI!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter