Oasis 3/31/19 Cancelled

nancy drew

DIS Veteran
I didn't see this here, and hopefully anyone who is on this sailing is already aware. Royal has cancelled the 3/31/19 sailing for maintenance. They are offering options on another sailing, but I have heard rooms are limited.

If you are on this sailing please contact your travel agent or Royal Caribbean immediately to change your plans.

Thanks for posting this IMPORTANT UPDATE information. We had a power outage on the Oasis Western Nov. 11 cruise and now I wonder if the service might be related. Just booked a Holland America March 2019 Western on the MS Nieuw Statendam, officially being launched THIS MONTH. Don't imagine it will need a maintenance that early. :duck:

I didn't see this here, and hopefully anyone who is on this sailing is already aware. Royal has cancelled the 3/31/19 sailing for maintenance. They are offering options on another sailing, but I have heard rooms are limited.

If you are on this sailing please contact your travel agent or Royal Caribbean immediately to change your plans.
Feel so bad for those who were already booked and planning. I know we have been planning for awhile, so it would be so disappointing if we found out all our work was for nothing. That said, we are on Lady O this summer in the Med, so the selfish part of me is thinking what a great thing to have her tuned up before we board.

Feel so bad for those who were already booked and planning. I know we have been planning for awhile, so it would be so disappointing if we found out all our work was for nothing. That said, we are on Lady O this summer in the Med, so the selfish part of me is thinking what a great thing to have her tuned up before we board.
So are we! June 13th from Rome. This sailing better be happening!

They definitely need to get things fixed and figured out before the transatlantic crossing

So are we! June 13th from Rome. This sailing better be happening!

They definitely need to get things fixed and figured out before the transatlantic crossing
4th of July from Rome. Just booked our airfare. Getting closer. I will look forward to your review and any tips you can provide before we head out.

4th of July from Rome. Just booked our airfare. Getting closer. I will look forward to your review and any tips you can provide before we head out.
Sure if I remember I will post a report. We also plan on doing Pompeii on our own si I‘ll have insight on that

Sure if I remember I will post a report. We also plan on doing Pompeii on our own si I‘ll have insight on that
We have Ciro La Motta booked for our Naples port to take us to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast. Love watching his daily videos on his facebook page (Taxi Mister cab driver - naples) of his tours. Really ups the anticipation. Still working on all the other ports. Ciro has recommended tour guides for Rome and Florence but we are on our own for Barcelona, Palma, and Marseille.

We have Ciro La Motta booked for our Naples port to take us to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast. Love watching his daily videos on his facebook page (Taxi Mister cab driver - naples) of his tours. Really ups the anticipation. Still working on all the other ports. Ciro has recommended tour guides for Rome and Florence but we are on our own for Barcelona, Palma, and Marseille.
My tip on Mallorca is skip Palma..We have been there many times for a weeks vacation. Palma is an ok city. Cathederal right by the port, but compared to other european cities nothing special. it would be shame not to see the better highlights of the island for Palma. Mallorca is best know for its beaches, smaller towns and many types of sceneries. I recommend not doing the city excursion here. but to head north to Sorrento or check out some beaches, encloves... if you do rent a car.. be aware that the mountainess areas are hard to judge with driving times... what looks like 30 minutes on the map can take 2 hrs depending on conditions and traffic. We are heading to Playa de Mallorca. el Arenal.. not the best beach on Mallorca, but good.. Like I said we have been there many times and just want a cheap, on our own beach time with some drinks.

This happened to us a few years ago, on Allure I think. We got a few months notice on our cruise cancellation, also for maintenance issues. Luckily we had the flexibility to change our vacation time at work and were able to rebook for a cruise a week or two later. There were some hassles, but in the end we got almost $500 in onboard credit and a free cabana in Labadee. So I guess it all worked out in the end.

I feel bad for people on this Oasis cruise, because it’s spring break week for a lot of people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!