Oasis-almost dead in the water

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
Power failure last night for a very-very short time but it was interesting. Back at room after dinner and lights went out, TV went off and things got QUIET. Lights went back on along with the TV and Captain came over intercom informing us of the situation and in ten minutes again on intercom saying things were getting back to normal. We had the Bridge channel on the entire time as our speed went from 18knots down to 4.9knots with heading drastically changing as the wind pushed the ship. Being in a Crown Loft at the stern we can feel the prop action at various rpm and from "go to no" was an experience. As the knots started to go back up and the course correction was made everything came back to life. In Cozumel right now right on schedule but DW took ill last night. Day is still young sooooo it will be a "what-eva" day.

oh wow - what an adventure!

Aw sorry about the DW but hope you can still have fun!

Interesting experience. Hoping it was just a matter of somebody throwing the wrong switch.

Wow crazy. Good that everything was resolved but I’d definitely be freaked out for a few minutes

Power failure last night for a very-very short time but it was interesting. Back at room after dinner and lights went out, TV went off and things got QUIET. Lights went back on along with the TV and Captain came over intercom informing us of the situation and in ten minutes again on intercom saying things were getting back to normal. We had the Bridge channel on the entire time as our speed went from 18knots down to 4.9knots with heading drastically changing as the wind pushed the ship. Being in a Crown Loft at the stern we can feel the prop action at various rpm and from "go to no" was an experience. As the knots started to go back up and the course correction was made everything came back to life. In Cozumel right now right on schedule but DW took ill last night. Day is still young sooooo it will be a "what-eva" day.
How are you liking the crown loft? Like the close proximity to sl and ck? How about the wide quiet hallways? You pocket book will not like you if you are like us. We tried the cl once a couple years ago and have sailed them 8 times since then. On oasis class, we cant sail without a cl anymore. Enjoy your cruise. Dont forget to make use of the concierges walking hou off ship on last day.

How are you liking the crown loft? Like the close proximity to sl and ck? How about the wide quiet hallways? You pocket book will not like you if you are like us. We tried the cl once a couple years ago and have sailed them 8 times since then. On oasis class, we cant sail without a cl anymore. Enjoy your cruise. Dont forget to make use of the concierges walking hou off ship on last day.

awesome, awesome and just in case I wasn't clear enough --- AWESOME!!! We had 1754 so it was closest to CK and not too far from the lounge. :teeth:

Not sure if we will due a repeat if I am unable to get the same kind of deal. We were set to meet at Champagne Lounge for 8:30 exit but just couldn't wait. EASY walk off at 7:30 with only one other passenger for Customs was neat.

I was there for that; my first cruise, too! I was about to step into an elevator and was glad I hadn't. I then went to the Opal theatre and the show started more than half an hour late as they had to check everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!