obituary question

dotfurio

What happened to the disappearing act?
MIL recently passed away after a long illness, and DH and I are helping plan the services. Our newspaper will run the obit for 2 days. The service is on Saturday morning and I'm wondering if I should run the obit Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat?

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know you could split the days. I'll look into it with our local paper.

My husband is a funeral director and he says Thursday and Friday is what he typically suggests for a Saturday service.

I would say Thursday/Friday too. If you do it on Saturday some people might miss the service because they might get a late paper and only see it after it is over.

My Dad’s was on a Saturday. We ran it Wednesday and Thursday. But his visitation was on Friday night.

On Friday and again Saturday the funeral home had it also listed with the other funerals they had that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter