Obnoxious Ad

Cubbiecakes

Mr. Cakes
Hey folks, there's a Jeep ad in rotation on the boards now that literally blares music that you can't stop. Auto-playing noisemaking ads are really not cool.

I am also having a problem this morning with sounds ad playing - and I can't even see where they are! There are image ads, and some videos, but I can't find the video matching the sound?? One even seems to be more of a podcast?? It's very strange.

I am also having a problem this morning with sounds ad playing - and I can't even see where they are! There are image ads, and some videos, but I can't find the video matching the sound?? One even seems to be more of a podcast?? It's very strange.

I am having the same problem AND I have AdBlock Plus. It is incredibly annoying as I am typically playing music in another tab. Sometimes the video ad can be spotted and other times they are not visible. I only have ongoing ad issues (this problem on laptop and the popups on mobile) on this site -- I don't have problems like this anywhere else.

[ETA] - The sound problem seems to only be happening in Chrome, Firefox is muting appropriately -- BUT regardless of browser, Disboards makes the browser use an incredibly amount of RAM, enough that my laptop fan kicks up. Again only have problems with Disboards and no other sites I frequent. I'm not sure what is going on with the ad services but something seems amiss.

Last edited:

Looks like it's time to run a malware scan.

[eta] Ran a malware scan, no dice -- I decided to uninstall and re-install AdBlock Plus and it seems to be working now.

I'm getting the same thing using chrome.some times it's multiple sound tracks at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter