Oceanview Room

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Is it worth the extra cost to book an Oceanview room? Or would you save the money and book a standard? It's about a $2,000 difference between the two

Worth is a personal question..... be prepared to not have a perfect ocean view, if you are fine with the chance it not being the perfect view for that extra cash then go for it.

I personally don't think so, at least for that price difference it isn't. For the difference in price you can rent several days (or week) of a Cabana or Executive Lanai overlooking the pool or beach, which is where I prefer to spend the vast majority of my time anyway. Anytime I've stayed in a resort where I have an excellent ocean view, I still find myself lounging by the pool or beach a lot more.

Unless you're the kind of person that would just enjoying staying in your room on the balcony admiring the view, $2000 is a steep price difference.

I have stayed in both. Ocean view is very very nice. But, I don't mind staring at the roof top either because I am in Hawaii. IMHO, I'd save the $$. You can just step outside and see the ocean. Spend the 2K in mai tai & poke instead. :)

I love, LOVE a great view and when in Hawaii I'm a bug about getting ocean view or ocean front. But I'm a TS owner. If I was having to pay an extra $2000 for that OV, personally I would not. Only you can decide if your budget and "have-to" warrants the difference. :cutie:

IMO, no. We are DVC and the OV isn’t even ‘worth’ the extra points for me. Not at Aulani. To me, the OV rooms are more like pool view. Sure you can see the ocean, but the focus is on the pools. The ocean just seems so far away.

Yes. It is worth every penny. But that's just me. We don't fly to Hawaii to look at a parking lot or a "garden view" of hills. Hawaii is all about the ocean and seeing the resort. We value our time in the room and relax and chill there. We love looking out on the water. Others just sleep and shower in the room. It depends on how you like to vacation.

I found that pool view with a request for a high floor worked out very well.

We always upgrade when we get there. I feel like the last time we were there, we upgraded from a partial to a full for $25/night.

Though it appears obvious the OP is paying cash and not DVC points for their accommodations, I just want to let others know that if you are booked on DVC points, you cannot pay cash to upgrade at c/i as described.

We find the OV at Aulani to be quite awesome, and like Bobbiwoz, I love, LOVE my ocean views too! ::yes:: I've stayed 4 times and each time has been OV on my DVC points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!