October 19th, 2018 14-Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise

Hi just booked today, it will be me and DH. it's our 7th Disney cruise, but first Panama Canal cruise. We are from Central PA, close to Hershey. So excited for the trip. We will be celebrating my 50th birthday and our 30th Anniversary!

Tammy

Hi just booked today, it will be me and DH. it's our 7th Disney cruise, but first Panama Canal cruise. We are from Central PA, close to Hershey. So excited for the trip. We will be celebrating my 50th birthday and our 30th Anniversary!

Tammy

My wife Colleen will be celebrating her 60th on Oct 31st on the cruise! Her maiden name is Hershey! Yes she is related, but very distant. I want to take her there one day but these Disney trips keep getting in the way!:rotfl2:

Tammy

We will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary while onboard. We go to Hershey once a year, planning a trip out there this summer again, we are about an hour and a half away in Western NJ

Last edited:

Tammy

Tammy, did you almost do the May 1, 2016 Panama cruise? Your name looks familiar. We went on that one also.

We will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary while onboard. We go to Hershey once a year, planning a trip out there this summer again, we are about an hour and a half away in Western NJ

Great place to visit! We don't go to Hersheypark to often, but my DD works at Chocolaue World

Tammy, did you almost do the May 1, 2016 Panama cruise? Your name looks familiar. We went on that one also.

Yes, we have been trying to this cruise since 2012, but life keeps getting in the way I'm hoping nothing comes up to change our plans for this one!

Yes, we have been trying to this cruise since 2012, but life keeps getting in the way I'm hoping nothing comes up to change our plans for this one!

Then, good to almost see you again. Hope you make it this time.

Just booked this as my first Disney Cruise! I'll be traveling with my wife and my twins who will be 3.5 years old. My wife and I have been eyeing this trip for years!

Greetings all, My Bride and I also booked this cruise..

We Just got off the WBPC cruise, Have not been on the Wonder in almost 15 years, We were so impressed by the staff and service on the Wonder that we had to book another Panama Canal cruise..

The funny thing, we tried to book the Next WBPC 2018, But it was all sold out.. The reservation lady told us that is was booked with in 2 weeks of being offered.. There was a few spots on the Next EBPC So we booked this cruise when it opened.

We have totally have fallen in love with the longer cruises. I do not think we can go back to just a week any more Yeeeeach

I think we are going to try to go out there a day or two early and stay do Disneyland... And we are thinking of taking Amtrack from Anaheim down to San Diego.... ha ha ha Never to early to start planning...

We are thinking of taking Amtrack from Anaheim down to San Diego.... ha ha ha Never to early to start planning...

We're planning to do the same thing. The Anaheim station is so convenient, and it's cheaper for us to do that, than try to park near the port in SD (we're local).

We're planning to do the same thing. The Anaheim station is so convenient, and it's cheaper for us to do that, than try to park near the port in SD (we're local).

Many Greetings, I am so glad you commented,,, Do you use this train often??? We were kind of thinking of getting the the 6:30 am or so train the morning of the cruise.. Is the train pretty reliable. Is that pretty do able or do you think that is crazy????? There is a car rental place near Disneyland and we were thinking about having a one way rental on hold just in case.. The car rental place does not open till 8:00 so that would be perfect to fall back to if Amtrak is having delays...

Many Greetings, I am so glad you commented,,, Do you use this train often??? We were kind of thinking of getting the the 6:30 am or so train the morning of the cruise.. Is the train pretty reliable. Is that pretty do able or do you think that is crazy????? There is a car rental place near Disneyland and we were thinking about having a one way rental on hold just in case.. The car rental place does not open till 8:00 so that would be perfect to fall back to if Amtrak is having delays...

It's very reliable... I've seen it run a few minutes late, but that's about it. I have friends in SD, so I take it often to avoid the traffic on the 5. :thumbsup2

Glad to be joining you!!!
We live in NE Texas. Sailing will be me, my husband and darling daughter.
This will be our third Panama Canal. Our first was EBPC in Sept '13 and the WBPC in May '16. So looking forward to this one also.
This will also be our 16th Disney cruise for my husband and me. 9 on the Wonder, 4 on the Magic and 3 on the Fantasy. We have 4 of those cruises that are on the books. Along with the Panama Canal, we have one for the Fantasy we will be on in September and a B2B on the Wonder for Jan '18. As you can tell, we love the Wonder. She is my absolute favorite.
Looking forward to talking to you and others that join us on this board. :hyper2:
Hi Twokats. We were on the 2013 cruise with you and will be on this one also. You might want to check the site we can't mention here.

Got a stupid question - I read somewhere there may be issues if your passport expired within a certain timeframe. My passport will expire in October 2019. I'm assuming I should be okay?

Tammy

We just booked this yesterday. Very excited as this will be our first Disney Cruise. Wife and I are actually seasoned cruisers as we've been on 12 cruises since 2012 with various cruiselines. Even my older son who just turned 4 has been on 5 cruises already. But we've never had the opportunity to do Disney mainly cause of cost. we've always only booked cruises that are considered big time sales like Kids sale free promotions or during low seasons were 7 days only costed like $400 or less. But we wanted to take my 2 boys who will be 5 and 3 next yr on Disney before my older son starts school. With strict truancy laws here in Texas. We will never have this opportunity again since summer or holiday prices per day with Disney cruise is just really tough to swallow. Funny thing is we started with only considering 3 days, then we've changed it to 5 days, then last week my wife said since we can only do this once, we might as well go all out and booked 7 days on the Fantasy. But then yesterday, I saw this itinerary and show it to my wife. She immediately went all giddy as Panama canal is pretty up there on our bucket list. Add to the fact that it's a Holloween on the High Seas cruise + it ends in Galveston (and we're from Houston). This made it a no brainer. Now we only have almost 500 days of waiting lol. Good thing we have 2 other trips planned before that. Including this Oct on Allure of the Seas which we're also very excited about.

Got a stupid question - I read somewhere there may be issues if your passport expired within a certain timeframe. My passport will expire in October 2019. I'm assuming I should be okay?
You should be fine, the time frame is about 6 months; i.e. if you're planning on traveling within 6 months of your passport expiring, it might be a good idea to get a new one.

We just booked this yesterday. Very excited as this will be our first Disney Cruise. Wife and I are actually seasoned cruisers as we've been on 12 cruises since 2012 with various cruiselines. Even my older son who just turned 4 has been on 5 cruises already. But we've never had the opportunity to do Disney mainly cause of cost. we've always only booked cruises that are considered big time sales like Kids sale free promotions or during low seasons were 7 days only costed like $400 or less. But we wanted to take my 2 boys who will be 5 and 3 next yr on Disney before my older son starts school. With strict truancy laws here in Texas. We will never have this opportunity again since summer or holiday prices per day with Disney cruise is just really tough to swallow. Funny thing is we started with only considering 3 days, then we've changed it to 5 days, then last week my wife said since we can only do this once, we might as well go all out and booked 7 days on the Fantasy. But then yesterday, I saw this itinerary and show it to my wife. She immediately went all giddy as Panama canal is pretty up there on our bucket list. Add to the fact that it's a Holloween on the High Seas cruise + it ends in Galveston (and we're from Houston). This made it a no brainer. Now we only have almost 500 days of waiting lol. Good thing we have 2 other trips planned before that. Including this Oct on Allure of the Seas which we're also very excited about.

Welcome!! When you go on your 2nd Disney cruise.....and there will be a 2nd :rotfl2:.... be sure and choose an itinerary that stops at Castaway Cay! It's the one thing this cruise is missing, and will be our first cruise without a stop at Castaway.

Cheers!
Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!