October 2016 Movie/Rec Calendar, Halloween Events

curious what ever ended up happening with this- we are thinking of going over Halloween next year (see my other post :) ) so I'm trying to learn as much as possible about Halloween at the fort!

We have Trails End dinner tonight after the Golf Cart Parade. We also hope to see some of the displays.

Curious how the trick or treating was this year?

This was our first time - so I don't have a baseline for it, but I found it very manageable. There were definitely crowds, but it wasn't overwhelming or raucous, and we didn't find ourselves 'waiting in line' stop after stop to get candy. My wife stayed back to distribute for most of it and gave away a lot. She too, however, did not find it overwhelming. I've seen some more experienced campers say that it was lower due to the midweek timing.

My only point of frustration was the golf carts. Dark roads with kids darting around does not meld well with golf carts in the loops. Some parents were accompanying their kids by driving through the loops and I found myself having to step in front of them, at times, in order to be able to provide passage for my kids to get from one side to the other. Other parents drove from loop to loop and parked at the entrance to walk through the loop with their kids - this seems like a perfect solution and one I wish I had done (walking between the loops wore on the kids after a while).

I have seriously slacked about writing a trip report. While we were there for 5 days, it seemed like a short trip.

We arrived on the 28th, and the 29th I just put up decorations and since it was mostly all the first time alot of it had been put up together. With wind and logistics alot of things had to be worked out. Bit overall for only a month of planning I was happy with what I got done. Someone even rocked us with a nightmare rock they painted which was awesome.

Alot of rain Saturday night so honestly it toned down the weekend insanity ALOT but I was the old lady yelling at teens hauling butt looping on our loop after picking up a giddy up and go.

Pretty much just looped, spent days doing fort stuff, golf cart parade watching, beach parties, games and tie die shirt for the oldest, etc and even on Halloween day of going on the sacavenger FW hunt and meet Jessie. We went and got ready to ToT. Since we were in the 400 loop, I handed my candy to my parents next door and looped 100, 200 and 400 and came back to enjoy others liking my decorations and giving out candy. It was ALOT less insane this year.

I had a great time. Saw Ed quite a few times since he was right in front of 100 and I was in the 400. His dad and him are super nice. Met the pilot with Ed and his dad, which I forget his name as I sit outside and watch my girls play in the yard.

Overall looking forward to next year and planning on all the decorations I plan on making to add to the ones I got done.

Screenshot_20171030-110950.png Screenshot_20171030-111054.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!