October 2018 help!

qwerty2k

Mouseketeer
So ive only ever been in August, my fiancee is a school teacher and we are thinking on going next half term (25th October for 10 days).

having looked on disney holidays.co.uk the hotel choices seem to be rather sparse? For example there is only club level at animal kingdom lodge.

is this a) because availability hasn't;t been released yet? b) everything is already booked up? c) other?

Having never been in october before we are going for food and wine (which i think should be on at that time), anyone advise how busy it will be in comparison to mid august when we have been before? Never done a hard ticket event before so interested in mickey's not so scary, anyone else done it? Bit gutted we missed the free dining offer, do they tend to do other offers for october time or as its halloween is it rack rate as they sell out?

anyway, just asking for a few tips really or advice if now is a good time to book,

Thanks,
Scott

edit: found what i think is a good price on ba.com for flights + hotel, only thing is that the room at AKL is a pool view with bunk beds...as its only us 2 bunkbeds would ummmm not be required? You think if we did book it we could email disney/when we get there ask if they have any 'normal' rooms?

Last edited:
Try Virgin - always had good deals with them and, if possible, go and see one of their reps - they have outlets all over the UK. We have already booked with them for Sep/Oct 2018 and the price paid was actually a lot less than what I calculated from the brochure. We managed our booking so as to get the free dining plan (basic as we are staying in a moderate hotel) and then upgraded to the mid plan, also staying for 21 nights and so got a 21 day Disney Parks ticket. Not bothering with a hire car and just using Disney transport as we did last year - just got a taxi (arranged by Virgin) to go to Universal Studios for a couple of days but not even going to do that this next visit. As far as crowds are concerned we were there from mid to end of September last year and crowds were not too bad. Still worth getting FP+ for the more popular rides as queues for them can still be quite long. We bought extra tickets for the Halloween event and they were well worth it - great night out with easy access to all of the rides. Food and wine is also a good bet - we did not buy the extra tickets as my wife is a vegetarian so her choices were quite limited. Hope this helps. Good luck in finding something.

October and Food and Wine is now really popular so it will busy. Epcot is best avoided at the weekends as locals also come in to enjoy F&W.

MNSSHP is great - we love it and have been a couple of times.

As for rooms I suspect Disney UK have sold their allocation for now as there is all room types on Disney US.

We're booked for next October but did so in July while free DDP was still available. We head out again on the 29th December and only decided to book in October. We really struggled to find availability on any UK sites so used Dreams Unlimited (a US travel agent) who we have used in the past. Result! The rooms we wanted in POFQ over New Year and at a price we were happy with. We paid a deposit with the balance due on check in. They are also good at helping with ADRs and FPs and will help as much or as little as you want. Certainly wouldn't do any harm to get a quote from a US agent for comparison.

Mrs TT

Thanks everyone . Think we might get a few quotes and book sooner rather than later then.

Just wanted to say thanks again.

We ended up booking grand Floridian vi Disney. Less than a week later a new offer is now out so we changed our booking to the Polynesian and saved ourselves £1000

I tried to book Pop Century for 8th October but virgin said no availability changed it to sunday 7th and booked it with preferred room Disney dining plan and premium economy flights. So after 5 years I am going back!

Myself and my husband are both teachers so we’re also limited to the school holidays. We’ve been in August and October quite a few times now. It used to be that October was less crowded than August, it now it’s about the same to be honest. The last couple of week of August are actually quite quiet as a lot of the American children have returned to school. We found last October was a lot more crowded than we’re used to. However, the weather in October is much nicer, nowhere near as humid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!