October 2020 Car Rental Thread

hint: start to check rates 14 days prior

My 10 day res thru Alamo (above) dropped to $231 on the 12th...2weeks prior. Went up By $120 middle of last week

DH Corp code thru Avis is $17 more. Alway pick Alamo if in same ballpark as its fun to romp they the aisle:daisy:

Just to be sure, I do not need to present any sort of ID for this code do I?

Probably not but potential is there. Not judging those that decide to jump on it. Many that post have stronger stomachs than me in this area. My concerns pertain to liability for free extra driver/accidents & potential LDW mess

you need to ask yourself what’s your level of comfort using a potential corporate code of which you don’t have proof of eligibility . At the very least, I’d have a backup reservation in hand

quick google=that’s a corporate code for employees of an engineering firm in Austin

when u see large number of multiple drivers permitted, generally that’s a dead give away it’s not a code intended for the public.

hint: start to check rates 14 days prior

My 10 day res thru Alamo (above) dropped to $231 on the 12th...2weeks prior. Went up By $120 middle of last week

DH Corp code thru Avis is $17 more. Alway pick Alamo if in same ballpark as its fun to romp they the aisle:daisy:

Probably not but potential is there. Not judging those that decide to jump on it. Many that post have stronger stomachs than me in this area. My concerns pertain to liability for free extra driver/accidents & potential LDW mess

you need to ask yourself what’s your level of comfort using a potential corporate code of which you don’t have proof of eligibility . At the very least, I’d have a backup reservation in hand

quick google=that’s a corporate code for employees of an engineering firm in Austin

when u see large number of multiple drivers permitted, generally that’s a dead give away it’s not a code intended for the public.
After educating myself about the corporate code issue, I cancelled that res and rebooked with Alamo using my Insider discount and a free upgrade coupon .I was not comfortable with the potential liability issues. Hopefully my Alamo rate will drop like yours did!

I was just able to book National for 8 days using this code for $222.38 in the emerald aisle. Thanks for this info, it was $115 cheaper than the Alamo rate I had. Just to be sure, I do not need to present any sort of ID for this code do I?
Is that before or after tax?.. my rate at alamo was 170 for 7 ..
236 after tax for a standard

Is that before or after tax?.. my rate at alamo was 170 for 7 ..
236 after tax for a standard
That was the actual full price, all taxes and fees included. That corporate code gives you incredible savings, but I didn't know the risks involved in using an "unauthorized" corporate code when I booked it. After reading the article above, I cancelled it and went back with Alamo. I'm too risk averse to try it, but I know lots of people do and have no problems.

Years ago, we had an issue with a code, to be honest I can't remember if it was Alamo or Dollar, I think since I'm older and wiser, I might have handled it differently, but long story short, they wouldn't honor it and our price sky rocketed at the desk-again this was quite a few years ago, now we always use Alamo and go to the garage. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance again.

I want to pick up a car from the airport for one day and return it to Disney car care location or hotel blvd, any suggestion ?
Swan/Dolphin location closed, Alamo is only giving me a 15 passenger van option at the car care location. My dates are Oct.1st dropping off Oct. 2nd.

I want to pick up a car from the airport for one day and return it to Disney car care location or hotel blvd, any suggestion ?
Swan/Dolphin location closed, Alamo is only giving me a 15 passenger van option at the car care location. My dates are Oct.1st dropping off Oct. 2nd.
Try national website as well
We used Hertz one time. Its offsite but they had a shuttle from our hotel.. maybe you can get a better rate

National doesn't have any vehicles available. It looks like you may be stuck with 15 passenger van for $115...if it's worth it to you. Otherwise, uber/lyft/taxi

I am doing a last second trip to the world in a few weeks. I can't believe how expensive the rental car prices are right now. I am going Oct 23rd to Oct 31st. Right now I got a costco rate of $388 for a full size car. I really hope they come down.

Screenshot (3667).png

This recent article recommends getting a rental car due to slow bus service to and from airport and also getting around Disney. Layoffs have slowed things considerably. A few airport rental companies went out of business too. Seems tougher to get a good rental car deal.

My experience prior for Orlando has been going down when I get closer. Has something changed?
Yeah, October is done. This isn't a regular year. Grab whatever you can at the best price you can NOW!
Accordingly, I'm closing this thread. (<---not really a Mod :blush: )

Last edited:
Many rentals companies have let go of roughly half their fleet. Basic supply and demand. I booked through Costco for October in early September. Like most here, I always track the price and rebook when it drops. Much like being inside of two weeks with flights, the prices just go up when you hit 14 days out. At this point my same itinerary, booked at $319 is running at $717. This is our third car rental since all this craziness began and I have been shocked at prices. Expect it to be this way for quite some time. And book early!

My experience prior for Orlando has been going down when I get closer. Has something changed?
Fleets have been downsized and more people at WDW want a car. I've had mine booked for next week since June and use Autoslash to let me know if lower prices are available. I was getting options until the end of June from the off site companies, then Hertz jacked my rate and I had to rebook. Since then I haven't found anything lower than what I'm paying, regardless of company. I leave in six days and have made peace with the amount I'm paying, I just hope they actually have a car for me when I get there.

We are now 8 days out from arrival. I did online check-in and registered my info for skip-the-counter last night.....much earlier than I normally do, but I'm pretty certain there will be no last-minute price drops given the current trends.

One question that I'm hoping someone can clarify: I think I read somewhere on these boards that Alamo doesn't have cars in Terminal B right now. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Of course, we are flying into Terminal B.....so we just wanted to know if we should be prepared to have to head to the other terminal to pick up our vehicle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter