October 2020 Car Rental Thread

Rates for Thanksgiving are insane. Can't find a minivan for under $1,100 for just a 5 night stay. Grab what you can seems like good advice from prior posts.

Well I went for the Undercover Tourist discount. My original reservation was for $388 for a full size car. I got a full size care through them for $250. This is for 8 days. More then I like to pay but glad to get a discount

Well I went for the Undercover Tourist discount. My original reservation was for $388 for a full size car. I got a full size care through them for $250. This is for 8 days. More then I like to pay but glad to get a discount
We have used them before with no issue at all! In fact, if I had to rent again, that is exactly who I would use. The biggest downside was the fact that I had to pre-pay for the entire reservation when I made it, but even the time I decided to cancel, getting a refund was no issue at all. It was prompt and efficient. The HUGE savings was 100% worth it.

We are now 8 days out from arrival. I did online check-in and registered my info for skip-the-counter last night.....much earlier than I normally do, but I'm pretty certain there will be no last-minute price drops given the current trends.

One question that I'm hoping someone can clarify: I think I read somewhere on these boards that Alamo doesn't have cars in Terminal B right now. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Of course, we are flying into Terminal B.....so we just wanted to know if we should be prepared to have to head to the other terminal to pick up our vehicle.

I read the same thing on Alamo's website. Terminal B is not available.

Fleets have been downsized and more people at WDW want a car. I've had mine booked for next week since June and use Autoslash to let me know if lower prices are available. I was getting options until the end of June from the off site companies, then Hertz jacked my rate and I had to rebook. Since then I haven't found anything lower than what I'm paying, regardless of company. I leave in six days and have made peace with the amount I'm paying, I just hope they actually have a car for me when I get there.
I also checked in early, we get to MCO at 11:30 pm so I'm worried about inventory as well. Last time they upgraded us to a really nice Armada that got 13 miles to the gallon It did not feel like an upgrade more like an punishment. I traded down a few days later. When I look online all I see if full size Vans. I will report back Friday let you know what I get.

I also checked in early, we get to MCO at 11:30 pm so I'm worried about inventory as well. Last time they upgraded us to a really nice Armada that got 13 miles to the gallon It did not feel like an upgrade more like an punishment. I traded down a few days later. When I look online all I see if full size Vans. I will report back Friday let you know what I get.
Sorry for the late reply. I got to the Hertz lot at about 1100 on the 14th and they had plenty of cars there. They had me slotted into a Kia Sorrento, but that was locked so they ended up giving me a GMC Acadia. Loved almost everything about it, the shifter is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a vehicle, doubly so in a rental vehicle. In order to shift it out of park it's a set of rocker switches under the radio that you have to pull back to you what gear you want. I let a co-worker drive the car on Saturday, he almost gave up.

Newbie car renter here....

Is it possible to pick up the rental car somewhere OTHER THAN the airport? We are flying into MCO and staying at CBR.

I am just wondering if I can find something cheaper than my Costco rate... which is gonna be about $360 for a week in mid-late November. If I can get it down cheaper by picking up on property instead of at the airport I'd happily do that.

Is it possible to pick up the rental car somewhere OTHER THAN the airport? We are flying into MCO and staying at CBR.

I am just wondering if I can find something cheaper than my Costco rate... which is gonna be about $360 for a week in mid-late November. If I can get it down cheaper by picking up on property instead of at the airport I'd happily do that.
Absolutely you can pick up a rental car somewhere other than the airport, you can usually save quite a bit of money by either taking a cab, uber or lyft to a "neighborhood" rental location. Or if you can get a decent price at the Disney Car Care Center, they will come pick you up and drop you off anywhere on property.

Absolutely you can pick up a rental car somewhere other than the airport, you can usually save quite a bit of money by either taking a cab, uber or lyft to a "neighborhood" rental location. Or if you can get a decent price at the Disney Car Care Center, they will come pick you up and drop you off anywhere on property.
This or they have a few other businesses that are near the airport that use a shuttle service from the airport. We used ace one time it was ok. I got my rate on priceline. You can book with no money down.... so I kept booking to save the price and if you dont use it it's ok too.

Can anyone help with the logistics of renting a National car at the airport? Can you go to side A, pick it up and drive over to side B to get luggage or do you have to get your luggage first and hall it over to side A for the car?
Is it easier to get a rental from another agency that would use a shuttle to pick up people on side B where the luggage is?

Don't forget about checking rates with Undercover Tourist if you have bought tickets with them! It was showing rates for us in the $400's currently on Costco but UT has rates of that are as cheap as $215 for our dates (for a go kart:teeth:, $269 for the Intermediate with Avis I chose) . I was looking at the Hilton in DS because we are staying at SSR and could walk over in the morning and grab the car ($230 for Intermediate, Avis) but my BFF was the voice of reason and reminded me to pay a little more for convenience. LOL...

I bought our tickets with UT a few weeks ago and emailed them last night and they sent back a link that activated the low price. The other option is to buy a cheap ticket (they sell some Nascar thing for like $10 bucks-- or the theater popcorn ticket for like $5 but that only works when the theaters are open).

Don't forget about checking rates with Undercover Tourist if you have bought tickets with them! It was showing rates for us in the $400's currently on Costco but UT has rates of that are as cheap as $215 for our dates (for a go kart:teeth:, $269 for the Intermediate with Avis I chose) . I was looking at the Hilton in DS because we are staying at SSR and could walk over in the morning and grab the car ($230 for Intermediate, Avis) but my BFF was the voice of reason and reminded me to pay a little more for convenience. LOL...

I bought our tickets with UT a few weeks ago and emailed them last night and they sent back a link that activated the low price. The other option is to buy a cheap ticket (they sell some Nascar thing for like $10 bucks-- or the theater popcorn ticket for like $5 but that only works when the theaters are open).
Our park tickets were through Disney at a Dapper Days rate but I will look into a small purchase.
Thanks!

Can anyone help with the logistics of renting a National car at the airport? Can you go to side A, pick it up and drive over to side B to get luggage or do you have to get your luggage first and hall it over to side A for the car?
Is it easier to get a rental from another agency that would use a shuttle to pick up people on side B where the luggage is?
I would get your luggage on B, go back up to the main terminal level and go across to A to get the car. I'm not sure any of the off airport places are running shuttles from B. You could get the car, drive over to B and pick people up on arrivals level, but I would not. It's going to be much faster and easier just to take the stuff across the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter