October 2021 Availability and Booking

I walked a res for the first and hopefully last time for Oct 1 for a VGF Studio. 29-3 is the goal. I have a rack placeholder at Poly in case I couldn't get it. May still keep it because Poly will be fresh and it is one of the original resorts from opening of WDW. I don't think you can get a room there or Contemporary off rack right now so I would think the chances of trading into BLT or Poly at 7 mos are slim to none.
This will probably be my first and last as well. Just such a PITA. I think I would rather just spend one less night and get a preferred view that seems to be wide open for whenever I want. I can always fill a night with a cash reservation if we are dying to extend the trip for some reason.

Interesting. I don't pay attention to walking too often, but I believe this is the first time I've witnessed OKW near hospitality house studios being walked.

Update:
So I think it was much ado about nothing. Like I said originally I was looking for an October 17th thru 22nd booking in a standard view studio. From mid-September until just now it was a struggle to find the room and then continue to walk.

This morning I went to walk the reservation again and it is the first time I noticed all room types had availability at the 11 month mark. Looks like it is some SERIOUS demand for the low point September season and the actual 50th. Things past the 50th look okay at 11 months.

Update:
So I think it was much ado about nothing. Like I said originally I was looking for an October 17th thru 22nd booking in a standard view studio. From mid-September until just now it was a struggle to find the room and then continue to walk.

This morning I went to walk the reservation again and it is the first time I noticed all room types had availability at the 11 month mark. Looks like it is some SERIOUS demand for the low point September season and the actual 50th. Things past the 50th look okay at 11 months.
I noticed that too for BLT in Oct during the second week of 2021, as in availability in every category. I see I'll likely be able to book at 11 months from the day we're arriving. Interestingly, I looked back at Sept. and now all the categories are available again leading up to Oct. 1. I think I understand walking now.

Is it just October 1 that people are fighting to book? My kids have fall break the 7-11 and I am planning to book a 3br for that. Should I be walking that already? Also, should I give up any hope of switching to anything at 7 mos (home-AKV would like to get BLT for this trip. May not be able to anyway if the borrow restrictions hold. Unless I end up buying BLT 😆:rotfl2:)
I have a Lake View GV at BLT on those dates already as a backup but am planning on trying to switch to AKV at the 7 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!