october crowds???

psdjmem

Earning My Ears
Hi!! We are going to WDW October 18-25 staying at FW cabins I have been reading that many people think it is going to be very crowded!! With the fairytale package, some golf tournament and conventions going on there will be lots of people there -- yikes we thought it would be a slower time of year. What type of crowds should we expect, we really did not want to go a time of year that has 30 minute and hour long wait times on every ride. We were there 3 years ago and have a terrible vacation from start to finish we were hoping this year will be a great vacation!!

it all depends on what you think is crowded. If you normally go in the summer you will think the parks are empty. It might be crowded for off season but if this is your first time in the off season you will love it.
Don't worry, Be happy, Your going to Disney :Pinkbounc

We went in October three years ago, fantasyland was "crowded" (I am sure no like it is in the summer - we have never been in the summer just October) in fantasyland at least 30 minute waits dumbo forget it I dont even know how long those poor parents had been waiting, we made use of FP whenever we could the rest of the park was not too bad there were no just walking onto rides but most had 15 minute waits. Our kids waited for the mountain rides 30 or so minutes but i guess those are usually a wait.

We just wanted to know what to expect as far as line waits and should we plan two days at each park to be able to do the rides --- holding an 18 month old and keeping track of a 3 and 6 year old in a line of 30 minutes can seem like an eternity :) we have two teenagers also but they will be riding the mountains, buzz ect in the park and we will meet up for lunches and do some of the rides together. Thier idea of fun is not dumbo and the carosel :)

I know MK is usually busier are the other parks very busy also or should we alot more time for the MK??

thanks!!

October crowds are not usually too bad, unless you are there when the golf tournament is. We are going 10/11-18 this year and other than the F&W starting on 10/18 at EPCOT there is nothing major scheduled. Even golf week it is only crowded on the weekends.

We are going to WDW the 18th thru the 25 the golf classic is later on in the week I was hoping they would all be playing or watching golf and that it would not mean large crowds :(

the only day that was bad for us was a Sat at Magic Kingdom. We had been at AK and when it closed went to MK. The crowds were bad! Other than that, I did not think the crowds were bad. Sometimes the 'good' rides were even walk on. We went around the same time lst year.

no FT package then, so I don't know.....

FUNAI Classic at WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort - Wednesday October 23 - Saturday 26, 2003 - Annual PGA tournament held at Disney's Magnolia and Palm golf courses features top players

hopefully the people who come for the golf will be at the course watching it not in the parks :) I thought the weekend might be crowded after the tournament ended???

Originally posted by psdjmem
We are going to WDW the 18th thru the 25 the golf classic is later on in the week I was hoping they would all be playing or watching golf and that it would not mean large crowds :(

I'm also going to WDW the 18th thru the 25th. I agree with your reasoning. Anyone there for the golf weekend will not be taking up space in line for Dumbo. ;) The final round will be on Sunday Oct. 26. The resorts and nightclubs may be slightly more crowded. Also, as mentioned, the Epcot Food & Wine begins that week. But there shouldn't be that many families with children who are into gourmet food and wine! :)

Edit: and even if there are, they'll be in Epcot, not MK. :)

we also have tickets to MNSSHP on sunday I thought if we did not get to see all the rides during the day we could catch some this evening!

Originally posted by psdjmem
yikes we thought it would be a slower time of year.
I was thinking the same thing when I booked our trip but now I'm beginning to worry that it's going to be a lot more crowded than normal...we'll be there from Oct 17-26th. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Disney must be expecting large crowds- because on the Saturdays 10/18, and 10/25 they are showing 2 spectromagic parades - not just one - plus extended hours (until 11:00pm , in the "off-season"?). Disney only adds parades, extends hours when they are expecting large crowds . I'm going to be there Oct. 23 - 28 too. I'll be avoiding the MK on Saturday (and the crowds there) like the plague . The other parks seem able to absorb the crowds better. Forewarned is forearmed- make those PS for dinners, go to EMH to ride Dumbo if need be, then take a break in the afternoon as it gets crowded. We've been there the last 2 October's - and it's been okay- not September/Feb. slow - but doable.

I wish we could avoid MK on Oct 18th but it's DD's 16th birthday & I promised her dinner at CP with Tigger ;) followed by the parade & fireworks...the perfect birthday at WDW in her opinion. I'm starting to dread how busy it will be. We have a PS at CP for 4:30, then we plan to "stake our spot" for the parade as soon as we're done. As long as crowds are any less than we're used to in July, I'll be happy. :)

We are going Oct 2-8 and I'm hoping we miss the Oct crowds. We usually go the end of Sept and there are really no crowds to speak of--although it is stillpretty hot then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter