October hours back up, not yet November and December

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
Some changes - MK closing at 6pm weekdays
Still 2 spectros on Saturday -- ggod thing

Rumored Future World early closure didn't happen. (We'll see for November) But, late opening did - now 10am. (But it appears that World Showcase is opening at 10 also)

AK opening at 9 instead of 8. - which really stinks in light of EE elimination (Now there is NO early park whatsoever.)

October Hours Link

So, when will they post Nov. Hours? I am leaving in 11 days and I would kind of like to plan my schedule!!:rolleyes: :mad:

I'm still wondering about the longer hours for Epcot World Showcase -- previously 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.; now 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. -- that are shown on the calendar at Disney.com beginning October 20.

Is this a sign that enlightened Disney management is responding to the popularity of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival with longer hours, even while other hours are being cut? Or is this an error on the Web site, and the "official" hours posted at WDWIG (12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.) are actually correct?

Maybe I should be asking this on the parks board but here goes.
I hit the link for the hours and noticed that Spectro is not sheduled during the week.
We will be attending MNSSHP on Halloween.
Do they normally run Spectro during the MNSSHP or just the Halloween parade?
We havn't seen Spectro in quite some time and will not be in the parks on the weekend.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Bummer! I know I probably am not as smart as the head honchos making these park hours decisions at Walt Disney World, but a noon opening of World Showcase--where all the kiosks with food samples are available--translates into an hour (or two, if the earlier hours posting had been correct) of lost revenue from guests who would've forked over their bucks for food samplings. Last year, for example, my partner and I had consumed more than twenty dollars worth of food in less than 30 minutes.

As Deb Wills' site indicated, it seems Epcot's Future World will close at 7:00 p.m., as well. It seems we've lost an hour on most evenings at Magic Kingdom, and 30 minutes at the Studios. This isn't *as* big a deal for us, since we live only six hours away and visit four or five times a year, but for guests who have saved up for a big vacation bash, the continuous chipping away at park hours *has* to have an effect on vacation value.

Joe

I was checking the Tapestry of Dreams hours for the end of Oct and they aren't popping up. THe last one that comes up is on Sat Oct 27. Please tell me there's something wrong with my computer and they parade is there every day!!!

Hopefully, somebody's asleep at the switch with the Web site schedule--after all, it *does* show the Food and Wine Festival starting an hour before World Showcase even opens!

It would simply be madness to have the only late-closing park (okay, one-half a park) not have entertainment besides a 9:00 p.m. fireworks show for everyone who'll be flocking into the World Showcase area. After all, World Showcase has nothing but two B-Ticket rides and a bunch of movies for entertainment. Or maybe, Disney hopes to steer all of us into its restaurants for those two hours (7 - 9:00).

If I wouldn't lose my DVC points doing it, I'd cancel my vacation next week!

Joe

Joe-

We are using points and have no plans to cancel, however...

The CRO seems to be making cancelling easy for $$ paying guests. Do you think DVC would make accomodations for members who want to cancel because of all that's happened? It would only seem fair since so many of us reserved prior to the craziness.

Okay, I didn't realize how much the cuts will affect our trip to the world next week.
We are DVC members and plan far in advance. With the changes being made so close to departure time we can't alter our plans.

Being DVC we try not to stay on site Sundays or Saturdays due to the great differential in weekday/weekend point/night. So we are only onsite the nights sunday 10-27 thru Thursday 11-1. If I understand correctly we will not be able to see Spectro or Tapestry, no EE and lose hours at the parks.

I'm trying to not get upset and will wait until after our trip before I write any letters or call.
If I do it now I'll work myself into a froth and ruin any chance of having a good time.:(

I may have to put a different pair of glasses on soon if things don't start turning the corner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter